1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @jumu... Thats a radical solution... It might make the Avvy look incomplete...
    Better still find a way to mount the spare wheel to the functional roof railings that they offer in Avvy. By doing so, u r free from the niggles of opening the boot, also has extra space in the boot and might retain the macho Avvy looks (if mounting done properly) . So win win win, I suppose
  2. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ok... To give an Idea of wat it might look like... The spare wheel that is cut and pasted, is to scale... It is almost exactly how it will look...
    Thats not bad... (IMO)

uploadfromtaptalk1423473879323.jpg
    Anup, asimpleson and jumu like this.
  3. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Here is the pic before edit

uploadfromtaptalk1423474138648.jpeg
  4. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    i am not sure whether it will be good in terms of the safety aspect, if you remove the tyre the body will roll it seems in higher speeds,whereas the tyre and anti roll bar was keeping it in check.
  5. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Anti roll bars!
    I don't think a 10 to 15 kg(guess) spare wheel on the roof will affect the vehicle dynamics much...
    Moreover, they say Avvy's roof was designed to do this,

uploadfromtaptalk1423476094592.jpeg
    jumu and rishike007 like this.
  6. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @joeswatmail at that height, the car will definitely roll more than usual (longer moment arm)... Besides spare wheel on top doesn't treat my eyes too...

Besides the spare wheel mechanism is actually a nice and safe idea ( though it might confuse the security guys) but you can explain - just a half a minute job ,after a few avventuras sold he will get used to it.

The automags are just piling stuff up on this one unnecessarily, spare wheel rattles are solved, t-jet is coming up so what more do we want?

Example of automag fail : most sedans have 500ltrs boot but are they usable?? Because of the hinge intruding??

but in linea it's an air suspension setup so nothing intrudes.

The spare wheel is what set the ecosport apart, and same way will set the avventura apart - if fiat makes it sell well
    asimpleson, prabhjot and joeswatmail like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rahul Singh

I don't deny the inconvenience at the entrance to a mall.

BUT: to think people are basing their purchase decision on this....!:confused::mad::p

It's exactly like saying: the Linea's 205 mm wide 16 inch tyres are a 'pain' because there is a mileage penalty and steering at very low city speeds is a little less 'convenient' i.e., light.

The India car buyer in general is brilliant at missing the picture/fillum for some small song-and-dance sequence or for some talent-and-skill-less fillum-star(let) or the other.:p
  8. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    The easiest option will be - Provide an option of opening only the rear windshield (Honda Brio type), which shall suffice for small items and security checks. To open the entire rear hatch door for larger stuff, one has to follow the procedure they do now.
  9. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    IMHO the side view is better without the spare wheel but rear view is O.K. with it. They should have provided it inside the cabin like other hatches and designed accordingly. Anyway, looks are last in the priority list compared to dynamics and handling.
  10. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    This is just getting better and better. So the car was supposed to be delivered on 11-Feb-15. That's tomorrow. One call to the dealer and its again (for the 5th time) been postponed now to 23-Feb-15. Now everyone's telling me "I told you so" and I have this big knowing smile on my face knowing that for some reason, some unknown reason, Fiat cannot deliver a car as promised. I'm not ranting. Just amused at the status quo that we would all love to see change. Apparently, they have more stock of the black color. Nope. I'm paying for red and they better damn well give me one. Will keep you all posted on this treasure hunt. ;)