1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    OT: @pabhishek, thanks for the compliments brother. But my seemingly big KB is more within all things technology space. Although it may vary and deviate time and again on varied topics of different polarities. It is already an IT era/age. And you need to share knowledge to gain knowledge as some wise soul must have observed.

Looking forward to meeting fellow TFIans..
    pabhishek likes this.
  2. Spider

Spider Timido

India
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear All,

Very much interested in buying Aventura Emotion Multijet 1.3. But still curious about the spare wheel rattling issue. Is it still not resolved? Heard from an owner that, the issue has been temporarily resolved by SC. But again appeared after one week.

Can anyone confirm that the issue has been rectified completely.
    Tornado likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Spider

Hi there. ALL cars that have ever had the tyre either on the tailgate (Ford Ecosport, Tata Safari) or on a seperate hinged-arm (eg., Mercedes M-class previous generation, VW Touareg SUV, Fiat Avventura, a new GM small SUV model in Brazil etc) tend to have a 'rattling' issue over the long run.

The Ford Ecosport certainly does in many cases, as ownership reviews reveal.

Now, whether the rattling -in new-cars is fixed, who knows? It would seem so, for the 2015 batch.

The real long-term questions are: is the rattling a big, intolerable problem (eg on the last gen Safari) or a small liveable-with one? AND: can the fix be made easily, even by DIY, even if one has to do it more than once a year (service interval)?

Do remember that the Avventura competes really only with the Ecosport, and that car very much has a confirmed relatively high frequency of tailgate-with-tyre rattles 'issue'/'problem'.

Personally, I'd say it's just a tradeoff one makes for the brilliant aesthetic value the externally mounted tyre adds, and should not be a deal-breaker.

Hope that helps, just an interpretation of course!

ciao
  4. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    OT: Yes, I have seen the Zatoichi episode in question. Those are the lost arts and a dying one today. The swords are made so pure that they actually resemble tuning forks. A small tangential touch and they resonate with a high pitched hum. Absolute perfection. It is a difference in that resonating frequency which indicates its health. Like you've mentioned, even a tiny fissure affects the vibration.

However, making cars with such precision is neither economically feasible nor worth the effort as the common man does not need such strength. So the Japs take the best of both and still create some pretty long lasting cars. Of course, studying the art is a whole different passion.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 31, 2015 ---
    @Spider : I cannot add any more that what has been elegantly said by @prabhjot . So here's what I have experienced personally.

I took a long test drive of the Avvy and the TD vehicle also had the infamous wheel rattle. It showed up at some speeds and stopped at others. All I thought is that this is an easily fixed issue. Even otherwise, it is not a showstopper for a car otherwise made so brilliantly to do what it is supposed to. And that is to be a great driver's car. It rides beautifully and is most satisfying. So not having stereo bluetooth or vanity mirrors or 1 litre bottle pockets or a rattle free wheel are minor. I have booked my Emotion 1.3 too and am waiting patiently while the hens lay their eggs and the cattle graze lazily on the prairies. Because I know that when it comes and when it does rattle, I will just stuff some cloth or insulation tape at the points of metallic contacts and be done with it.

And then I will still have a great car. :cool:
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  5. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Spider : The spare wheel rattling is not an issue for now. It may become one in long term but only if the spare wheel cover is not fixed properly. The wheel is mounted on chasis directly so Eco Sport type rattling is ruled out. In my Avvy, there is some noise from rear seats but sadly i am unable to find time to visit SC :(. No major worries, it just glides over any kind of road and the suspension is setup just right to suit the character of vehicle. I would say just go ahead and buy one, you will not be disappointed!!
    sandipan_r15, prabhjot and pdash like this.
  6. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    i TD'ed the avvy 1.3,

and it's actually a world of a difference from the EVO 90HP except from the looks.
    Seating position has changed, takes to the 100 faster than the EVO (ecosport felt a bit faster)... does not dance over potholes when speeding (the ecosport bounces like a man having a big fat belly, dancing) .

took it to a place where the ecosport took an underbelly hit a month ago, the avvy just made me laugh at it (so that 5mm does work).

Since i drive a non-turbo car, it took some time to get used to the gear shifts.

The clutch and gear combo is actually awesome (auto mags say rubbery , weird)

seats were awesome, except for the plastics covering the steering assembly and key slot, everything was nice (Ecosport was a wacko)

off road speeding for the avvy No problemo !!, basically it drives better than the ecosport and thats it, avg FE was listed 14 (guess good for a TD car?)

almost no engine sound felt like a super- insulated petrol car

little road noise (auto mags are amplifying it, they just got used to driving Audi's and volvo's)

good thing Fiat does not give electric folding ORVM, coz we live in a country where bikers and other cars hit my ORVM even in traffic signals (my ORVM was replaced 4 times and 3 of them were broken when it was waiting in signal)

>> I won't talk about looks coz my heart started to beat hard at the first look, whooo HOT ... turned many heads during the TD<<

-ve's:

- A/C is good but not that of the ford's
    - The spare wheel squeaks when ever i ride on a speedbreaker or pothole , even at walking speeds
    ----(is the above a problem with the specific car or everyone experiences the rattling ? the spare wheel assembly couldnot be opened coz some customer did something with it and it got stuck)

- the light in clinometers and compass were not visible during the day,i'd rather have a place to put my aviator glasses there.

- clutch foot rest is a pain when you drive with footwear on.

-but i feel its a bit pricey, active variant is higher than 90HP evo and the emotion is freakin 1.5 lakh above the 90HP evo (i beg for a reason)

- rear view is limited but you could get used to it with time ( a rear camera instead of the inclino would've been better)

- tried to change folders from USB but failed ( i dont think its possible), no bluetooth audio streaming

final verdict

except for the wheel rattle so evident and..........

WHAT THE HELL..It's FIAT , It's freakin SAFE, It's freakin AVVENTURA ..

Just go freakin buy it...(and remember to put some tape on the wheel mount/lock - read it somewhere)
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  7. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat India did reply back to me in a day's time. I am glad they are prompt. But meanwhile, a visit to the dealer revealed the entire truth. Turns out that the date I booked was 31-Dec-14. So this was exactly a day before the excise hike happened. The Avvy's price went up by around 40,000 the very next day. This caused a bit of a problem because the delivery was happening after the hike. It took Fiat a bit of time to offer a discount on the Avvy and this perhaps offset the hike. So now that its all official, the car is being delivered at the same price. Expected date is 7-Feb-15.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally caught one Avventura on Bangalore road tonight.

IMG_20150205_233311~2.jpg
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Today, my friend got the delivery of Avventura Emotion Diesel @jay Vijay fiat Pune. 7e34da2e8f3e6ad53731b58fdb24d4c0.jpg
  10. Spider

Spider Timido

India
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats Tornado. Wishing you a long term association with avvy.