1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rahul Singh

The Ecosport's lower variants are under-tyred too, since if I am not wrong they don't get the 16 inch 205 section tyres of the Titanium, unlike the Avventura's, across all trim levels. The Ecosports also come with MRF-s, decidedly inferior to the tyres Fiat offers.

In fact, because the car is so tall and boxy and yet sub-4m, to me it looks aesthetically badly-off in general, but especially because it always looks under-tyred, like a midget-iron-man on high heels!:p

The Avventura, typical of Franco-Italian design, manages to cohere/come-together aesthetically (including the aesthetics of its chassis and suspension engineering) even as the effect of 'radical, far-out, avant-garde' style is created. To my eye, the Ecosport tries too hard to look 'American die-hard', while the Avventura looks with typical Italian styling genius to have BOTH elegance and a sporty bad-ass-ness.

The car that replaces or complements this Avventura in (late?) 2016, the B-Suv of the FCA 5-year plan for India, while perhaps retaining the name: now that is worth looking forward to, given what they've managed to accomplish already with the Avventura, if it looks enough like the Fiat-Brazil FCC4 concept (there's a thread on the topic under Fiat-Global News). Now that is avant-garde stuff! That CUV is being developed in Brazil, apparently. Provided it equals this Avventura/PuntoCross in its ride-handling.
  2. bellidoc

bellidoc Timido

bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Avventura with the Tjet engine.Just what the Dr ordered.Does anyone know if the punto evo and Avventura will get differently tuned Tjet engines?
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I really don't think so @bellidoc .
    And anyways tjet in India is anyways in the lowest state of tune IMHO. They shouldn't lower it further.
    bellidoc and prabhjot like this.
  4. bellidoc

bellidoc Timido

bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was trying to get the power to weight ratio for the punto and Avventura if they had the Tjet in its present state of tune.Does anyone have the figures?
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    My curiosity is certainly piqued now. For a booking made on 31-Dec-14 for a red Avvy, I was informed each following week that the delivery is postponed by a week. I have just been informed for the 5th week that the delivery is postponed to 6-Feb-15. The reason quoted by the dealer is "Delay from Manufacturer". Since this is not a hand made Rolls Royce, I don't understand the real reason. Or is it that the solid build quality is made by steel which is tempered over 45 days?
    dadasaheb likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :). No idea if Dealer is giving you correct information or not.
    Do send one email to service.india@fcagroup.com with details, if they reply anything.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Interesting thing you mentioned that! :) Speaking of steel the Japs have one of the longest metallurgical processes in their famous Japanese sword-smithing, whereas their car makers (and ancillary industries) are amazingly efficient (by and large) in churning out cars. Quality car making is an art, but far less an art form than a Japanese Sword-smithing ;)

You have waited too long. I would do what @Ravi mentioned plus shake things up by a visit to the dealership, making things memorable for them. :rage:
  8. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you Ravi, I have mailed to the above address with a cc to the dealer too. Let one of them revert and we'll see.

Japanese sword smithing is a very interesting field. The way they melt and fold, melt and fold continuously at exactly the right temperature and pressure is what makes those swords extremely strong and brittle. The layers of steel are many and so tightly packed.

I will make a trip the dealer too and see what they have to say.
    asimpleson likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    OT: If you ever watched the 'Zatoichi' series/serial; also on youtube, in one of those episodes, Zatoichi (the angel of death, of justice, of the ultimate deliverance from evil...), this blind swordsman meets a very old, very skilled swordsmith who tells him just by listening to his sword during a combat, that his trusty old sword is about to break in his next combat. He further on goes to make his last sword ever, giving it his best shot. When you mentioned the word "brittle", it is quite interesting the scene where this man explain Zatoichi how and at which point (of an invisible fissure?) the sword will break. :)
    pabhishek likes this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    OT - I just dont know how to react on this @asimpleson . It was always on my mind. I am just amused at your knowledge.
    You have knowledge of almost everything, along with the automobiles. :)
    And i am not disrespecting you in any way. Its a compliment.

It was fun meet which we had last year in Mumbai, hoping for more when i am back.:angelic:
    Vinodh_Gowda likes this.