1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai

here is the link Tornado
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 21, 2015 ---
    Yes, they have limitations on what they can do now.
    They can't do a Hyundai. They can't (or don't want to) do an Apple also. Tjet Linea and Avventura are great products, but the marketing, launch, how they pushed them etc didn't make them spectacular.

They have limitations and they have the 'stigma from the previous life' to overcome. Whatever they do may not look enough to convince the customers. What is the best thing to do now. Nothing. Stay low, don't invest time/effort/money, wait for the right time, 'come back' when situation is better. And with the engine deals they have the time in their hand. They can wait doing nothing (or bare minimum). And that's what they are doing. I don't blame Fiat for this. This is actually right thing from their point of view.
    My assessment - for another 5 years, situation will be same, we cannot expect anything different from Fiat - occasional launches, minimum spent on marketing and advertisements, slow increase in no of dealers etc. May be after 2020, we can see a change.
    dadasaheb, sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  2. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot & @JohnyBoy : Fiat can afford to position itself in enthusiast category only till the time engine sales are booming in India. I believe Fiat can do better than Hyundai but again they are too slow. Unless and until they increase their product portfolio, things will not change. They need to introduce 5-6 new models in 2 years time ( I Wish!!), then may be they can think about selling 4-5 k cars per month in 3 years time :p. Brilliant mechanical package alone is not enough to sell a car, you have to make a lasting impression in consumers.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Very interesting perspective @JohnyBoy, lets just hope that this again does not prove to be a strategic blunder. Better to look serious and fail (perhaps), rather than do nothing and fail. ;)
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  4. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Page 3 of that review says it all. It clearly shows the Avvy to be better in terms of handling, steering and agility. Avvy wins most of the points but Ecosport is still better?

I'll never understand reviewers completely. But then they are also human and have a right to be subjective.
  7. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

If t-jet-comes in avvy and evo then they it will be a benchmark in hatch back for others to follow.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

The most hilarious review is by Autocar-female expert. She finds the Avvy uncomfortable to sit in and reach out to hold the steering, and in the same vein says she is somewhat short. What does she expect ? The whole dashboard to be adjustable ?
    Any Autocar review or comparision of Fiat vs other brands (particularly Honda) is to be totally disregarded and trashed, IMO. They are hopelessly inconsistent in their assessment.
    The one recent review I liked on Fiat Linea 2014 was the Autoportal review.
    I am not a Fiat bhakt by any stretch of imagination, as some members would know by now. In fact, I feel the Ecosport has some advantages in terms of boot space practicality and interior space AND , for those who care (I dont) , the looks of a compact SUV.
    But in terms of ride/handling and MJD mid-range punch, the Avventura will chew up the Ecosport for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  10. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @acechip : Add to the list Ecosport has a better equipment list albeit at a price premium. Seating position in Ecosport is better than Avventura and it gives you a true suv feeling from inside also. As pointed out by you, Avventura outscores it in key area of ride/handling and mid range punch :)