1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have a new Punto EVO and frankly from what the average friend of mine would say (after the usual why FIAT) is that with the chrome and all it still looks better than the old one. They are the ones with the money and so FIAT must listen to them.

Unfortunately if I was comparing the Avventura with the Ecosport and if they are priced equivalently I would go for the Ecosport. The Avventura would sell only if there is a considerable price difference with the Eco sport in our market.

Definitely better than the Toyota Cross and the VW Cross but comparing with the Ecosport is a bit too much IMHO :D
    I am not questioning the judgement of the mods or the experts here but this is how most of India would feel. We put too much emphasis on ride quality and that slight difference is something most riders in the ordinary course of driving would not notice. The additional airbags, the bigger proportions, the more powerful specs (even if on paper) etc--which leads to brag value is something that stays everyday.
    amogh likes this.
  2. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @amogh, your pricing is bang on target. Killer if fiat launch at those prices. But I heard that avventura mjd emotion is around 10. 5 lacs OTR
  3. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @amogh I feel 8.4 L for avventura emotion is over priced. As Linea TJET dynamic variant with all safety features and gem of an engine is available for 8.5 L ex show room. In this scenario, I will definitely go for TJET dynamic with all 4 disc brakes over Avventura. Remember TJET still has great Ground clearance and few cash discounts are also available. As said by you in previous posts, Fiat has very little price range to play with. My price for Avventura emotion should be 7.99 lakhs Ex-show room delhi.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree! But then looking at the prices of Evo there is no scope of Avventura to go below that. I guess as long as the customer stays in the showroom and buys a product - FIAT will be happy :D
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @amogh As said in my previous post, My guess price for Avventura emotion is Rs 7.99 Lakh Ex show room Delhi. It is still decent Rs 80000/- more than Punto Evo sports and about Rs 60000/- less than Fiat Linea TJET dynamic and 1 lakh less than Linea MJD dynamic.
    amogh likes this.
  6. ajith862

ajith862 Timido

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent review guys. Gr8 Job...
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I too wish Fiat prices it at 7.99 but again we can't calculate the premium of 80,000 over Evo without knowing the exact cost of the amount spent on R&D and the parts. I would rather try to compare the cost with Ecosport. Just checked the price of Ecosport and the top 2 variants of Ecosport Diesel were priced above 9 L. So, even if Avventura is priced between 8.2-8.4, it is good price IMO.

Let me put the Delhi Ex-showroom cost of Ecosport here. All are 1.5D.

Ambiente - 7.44
    Trend - 8.17
    Titanium - 9.16
    Titanium (O) - 9.7
    prabhjot, Murphy_Fiat and drsantoshms like this.
  8. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I totally agree with your logic of considering expenses of R&D and parts. But it is better for Fiat to price Avventura significantly lower than Ecosport atleast as introductory prices to grab attention of people. Remember Ecosport was also priced lesser at the time of launch and then increased prices. It is lot better to price the product correctly at the time of launch and keep the numbers ticking rather than giving hefty discounts later. Refer Tata Aria pricing story.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    I guess this might be an alternative way to release the boot latch ; when there is no battery or battery is down . So open the door with the key , put the seats down and then pull this lever to open the boot. Just my understanding!!
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    At present the Avventura is generating waves in TFI. I wish it generates the wave with people.

Regarding the pricing, it should be between Punto Evo and Linea. IMO, other brands that have premium hatchback have the top end model touching the price range of the base variant sedan. So though the Avventura is a car by itself and not just a make over, it has very little price band to play with.

So IMO, the top end should be atleast 30K less than the base linea price and the base variant should be 30-50K more than the Punto Evo.

Keeping fingers crossed, lets hope for the best for Avventura and FIAT