1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

A little OTT - I had a look at the Tata Bolt yesterday. Let me tell you one thing, the one feature that most people in the crowd were obsessed with is the touch-screen Infotainment. And it is quite an ordinary one too, frankly. But the tech-slaves that we all are, all the discussions will be around that particular feature. The rest of the car also felt good, not great, but much better than the earlier Tatas. And yes, the doors did shut with a bit of a thud. The boot space, well, lets just say that the Micra's boot feels like a cave in comparision to this pigeonhole.
    But the car will surely be attractively priced, and will fetch the numbers initially. Why, for the life of me , has Fiat not approached the corporates to display their cars especially after launching the Avventura ? These IT campuses are the major markets and the best place to showcase, rather than dealerships and malls.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : We are waiting for your ownership thread to start, update us about the status of delivery!
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    In this case, I came to know that all the three dealers in Hyderabad keep getting calls nearly everyday for TD request of the Avventura. And once the car is taken to the respective company, many other people also come down during office hours and keep going around one by one TDing the car. however it just hasn't translated to sales

Whether Fiat has displayed the car in IT campuses or not, people are aware of it and keep asking for TDs. The mall displays are more for attracting customers.

In fact, if an Avventura is free for a day, the dealer personnel just take it around the IT hubs on the road to display it. And they get calls. Beats me why so many people take a drive in it and not buy it.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan

That 'beats me why' is the essence of being a Fiat owner:p: even folks who DO know better, avoid buying them, out of multiple herd-biases.:confused:

The Avventura's final actual steady sales-numbers are not decided yet: it may yet sell 300+ a month, steadily. Because of the end-of-year/delivery-in-the-new-year issue. And especialy if the t-jet comes on it soon enough.

@acechip has been proven right: they should've launched the Avventura BEFORE the Evo, and both BEFORE the october 2014 festive season, in order to have gotten enough of them on road quickly. Delivering only a few in november and december has been a mistake, in a market where people don't buy cars, they buy commonly visible cars that others buy, a market where a car's either an instantaneous hit or not selling enough at all. :(
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I do like this forum for ONE thing. Take it or leave it. Only self motivated individuals who against all external influences to listen to their heart will still buy a Fiat. ;)
    Dr Nitin Dutta, Ichimaru and prabhjot like this.
  6. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    @prabhjot, you have to stop using the 'herd mentality' as an excuse for Fiat's low sales numbers.
    Fiat should either come up with something spectacular to entice people out of the herd mentality like what Apple did to Nokia and Motorola or they should accept the herd mentality and offer products for the herd, like what Hyundai did. No point blaming the customer base.

prabhjot, I am also a huge Fiat fan and like you I also hope Fiat will bring better product range, better marketing tactics, better timing of launches etc. But seeing what's happening in the last few years, I'm not so hopeful.

This is from the point of view of fans. But from Fiat's side, they are happy with what's happening. I read somewhere, their last years revenue was 3800-4000 crores and out of which less than 800 crores was from car sales (the remaining from engine business and exports). They can give only that much attention to business which gives them around 20% revenue.
    kgramesh and dadasaheb like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @JohnyBoy

I don't disagree, though I'd insist there's a very low limit/ceiling that the marketplace allows Fiat in particular and many other firms in general, in terms of sales.

They cannot and will not do a Hyundai (it's not in their DNA), because they cannot succeed: Hyundai cars is part of monumental giant Korean chaebol/conglomerate that is financially and otherwise backed by the Korean government, and so can take that sort of risk/bet on a cut-throat just-emerging market like India. Moreover, 'do a Hyundai' WITH SUCCESS is out of the question because Hyundai has herd-backed goodwill/trust/prestige, however well-earned in the past, while Fiat has stigma/doubt (until you own or drive one, only, of course!), however well-deserved IN THE PAST. To exaggerate very slightly: Hyundai cars sell because they are successful in India, it is NOT the case that they are successful because they sell!

'Something spectacular to shake people out of automotive herd-thought'? My t-jet Linea is just that! Does it sell like hot jalebis in a Delhi winter?! IMO, the Avventura is that, relative to its competition, but.....they'll soon offer a t-jet Avventura and an Abarth Punto (HOT, spectacular cars at great prices) but....I was hoping the b-suv promised for 2016 was the 500X, a spectacular/chic-tough CUV if ever there was one, but at say at least 14 lakhs will it solve anything substantial for Fiat vis-a-vis the great conundrum of how to prise open the minds and purses of the Great Indian Car Buyer?

I guess they can only market and promote and advertize the current cars (especially the Avventura and the Linea), and the new variants thereof, till that closed-mind opens up enough.

e.g., perhaps they need to re-position themselves explicitly as a niche, youthful, enthusiast i.e., sporty Indo-Italian brand by offering the t-jet and maybe the 1.6 mjd? in strong tunes across all 3 cars +Abarth versions (why not of the Linea as well?) in hot tunes. Betting that even with such a drastic re-positioning (and re-pricing) they'll sell at least as well, if not actually better with better profits?
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    kgramesh, Mabams1826 and JohnyBoy like this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, it is not ending it seems.Here is link for new thread created for my Avventura.
    Fiat 's stand on unfair business by their dealer
  9. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Where is the link Tornado?
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    It is posted in the above post it self but don't know why it is not appearing in different colour.
    Fiat 's stand on unfair business by their dealer