1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    What is design flaw there? They simply plonked in 1.4 engine in EVO version of Active and Dynamic. Wait, same is present in Evo Petrol Emotion. If there is design flaw with Avventura petrol, does that applicable to EVO Emotion too?
    They simply have to remove the safety features viz. ABS, Airbags from EVO Emotion to get back to Active and Dynamic version. Am I missing anything here?
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  3. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @acechip , @MakeTheMove : I don't have details yet about the flaw. The same logic should apply for MJD version's Engine Mount also. If there is an issue with engine mount shouldn't it be present in EVO also?

BTW came across this ownership thread on Team-bhp which confirms that there is indeed an issue with Petrol Version. I am quoting the link here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...982-fiat-avventura-new-italian-adventure.html

@Tornado : See the ownership report quoted above. Also, please update about the engine mount issue if you manage to get any clarifications.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Rahul Singh, if possible, please point at exact post in the link ,as I am short of time.

Two days back I saw three comuflaged Avventura s running in a row,
    Don't know if they were Abarth or something else.
  5. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : please see post #2, the person changed his booking from petrol to diesel when he was informed about thr said safety issue.
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Engine mount issue is not a big deal. My car had a rubber mount crack and it was replaced under warranty. Crack was developed after 3 years of usage.

Engine mount issue != Engine issue
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Ah internet negative-rumours about Fiat feeding on themselves and proliferating, even in the face NO facts at all.

Nothing new here, then!;):p
    Rahul Singh likes this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Yesterday, Fiat Caffè Pune, GM was not giving any importance to the links provided by me about the engine mount issues.

He said, why should fiat bother about anything published on Internet. ?

I said, I don't want to decide policy of fiat on this issue, if fiat is not bothered, change my booking to Dynamic Linea.

After lot of time pass discussion,explaining me how competition brands keep sowing such rumours, he asked me the name of the person who forwarded me the links. I told him that I am a Team fiat member and a fellow Tfian has forwarded this to me and asked me to find out truth before final decision.

He (GM), immediately talked with a Fiat fellow on phone . And then asked me to shoot an email to Fiat. I said what happened all of sudden, he said fiat usually bothers to answer queries raised by TFI.

Today, I got an email from Fiat, posting a screen shot . Screenshot_2015-01-10-09-30-42.png
    Today, I made down payment , remaining amount will be paid by ICICI loan on Tuesday.
    RTO formalities would take further 2 days withstanding the fact that Wednesday is Makar Sankrati(not sure if it is RTO holiday)

Bicycle rack is ordered and would reach the dealer on Thursday .
    So D day would be Friday.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    COngratulations Tornado,now just think about your ride and long drive plans.Forget about the internet reviews.Remove that thought about engine mount.Do you really think engine mount is a problem ? and FIAT didnt passed the quality check for it.
    Engine mount problem can be easily identified within 50Kms.
    prabhjot and Tornado like this.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    What I wanted was that fiat should discard and refute the report rather than the SE, who was trying to manage me at his level.

Anyways, guys, suggestions on Foot mats and mudguards please.
    prabhjot likes this.