1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Guys ,
    Any news on Avventura engine mount?
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

If you mean 'rumours': NO. Even if you mean 'news': No.

What I gather is that Fiat are holding back on Aventura petrol deliveries since they want to sort out some petrol-specific glitch. I personally feel this diesel engine mount thing has nothing to it, but the decision's yours to make, obviously.

3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I am just waiting for updates or clarification from the media from A Fiat.

Can you all enquire at dealers in your cities about expected dates of deliveries of newly( Jan2015) manufacred Linea and Avventuras ?
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry Mods, this should have been posted in sales thread, if you feel it should be moved, please move this post to sales thread

I think they should consider primary things for JEEP that :
    1. price it very competitively by undercutting the competition by noticeable margin, I don't care where they come with CBU or CKD route.
    2. make them so much feature rich that should blow away the competition.
    3. do not go for cheap interiors.
    4. advertise JEEP more and More. (even maruti advertises alto on TV do they need ?)
    5. do not reserve any tech/transmission for future plans go full guns blazing.
    prabhjot, rishike007 and kedarbendre like this.
  5. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi! I think this particular thread has generated more hype in short time than any other because we are taking about Aavy...
    Prabhjot is a passionate pal who burns midnight oil to defend his loved brand to the hilt, kudous to your passion and in fact its the passion for fiat which has bound us all.
    Here are my observations about Avvy...
    First of all Fiat along with Amby was
    the real mass market car but some how down the line they lost their sight and priorities...
    As a young kid I' ve always gone crazy seeing Fiat Padmini which comes with round edges especially along the front and back around the lights.I don't even know whether it's a separate model.
    People used to put racing wheels on it which protrude slightly out of the wheel arch and I've always thought it was the most coolest thing for kid.Some how Fiat lost the huge advantage they had in our market!!??
    Coming to Aavy , price of round 10 lac for mjd emotion I feel is bit steep.
    Consider this the price during December,
    Punto evo emotion mjd. 7.35.
    Old Linea. Emotion mjd 9.1.
    New linea Emotion mjd. 9.8.
    So in comparison Aavy look very expensive.
    The following are my ideas to make the most out this great machine.
    Let's take Linea out of equation.
    Punto Evo emotion mjd maximum on road price should not be beyond 7.5.
    The current version of Aavy mjd should be around 8.5.
    A new version you can name emotion premium or plus or whatever, should have the following,
    Projector head lamp with DRL.
    17" wheels as shown in auto expo.
    Reverse parking camera.
    This can be priced around 9.5 for mjd, if they bring T jet ,I don't think any difference in price is needed.
    They should have one 4X4 priced around 10 lac.
    I am not an automobile engineer so , I am not sure whether the mechanical alteration is feasible and affordable, but if its possible then Fiat should do it.
    After the Gpypsy which was a huge seller we never really had a great 4X4, except Thar and very recent Force Gurka.
    With fuel prices heading south these moves if considered by Fiat will definitely bring a revolution.
    Geep and Abarath can be owned by a minuscule population only ,it will excite only the elite and rich.
    I think we at TFI can give our feed back to FCA to make it a great company on India
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rahul Singh @Tornado @Rohan

Saw an Ecosport parked near my house that had been in an accident. It seems to have been rear-ended with some considerable momentum. Looking at the damage I noticed that the tailgate (with the spare tyre on it) had taken severe damage lowdown, and in fact had bent (and crumpled) in at the bottom hugely like this:
    I noticed then a major strength AND a big big weakness of the Ecosport rear tailgate+bumper treatment. The tailgate is perpendicular, and comes down a good foot lower than an Avventura, eating into the bumper space, which is almost a residual bumper. The advantage: low loading lip, for those who need to loadup often.

The huge disadvantage is what I witnessed with the above car: in the event of a rear-ending: it is the tailgate and not not-protruding-at-all bumper than takes most of the impact, low down, resulting in unnecessarily severe damage. The car I saw had what seems to me an iirrepairable tailgate: it will need to be replaced entirely. The Ecosport has no protection from the rear bumper in terms of impact absorbtion whatsoever!

Pretty expensive a trade-off I feel, just for the 'boxy-SUV' look, and in order to barely duck under the sub-4m excise duty rule?!
    Rahul Singh likes this.
  7. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : FIAT is indeed holding back petrol Avventura deliveries due to a driver safety issue. However, MJD version is still being delivered. I have no news on Engine Mount issue yet.
  8. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    With everything the same except engine, how come a driver safety issue in petrol variant ? :confused:
  9. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    There is a design flaw which can cause potential driver safety issue. This is specific to petrol variant. This is all i know. Yet to get details on the issue.

one thing is for sure, the testing has not been done properly hence these issues are coming up now.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Whats the big fuss about driver safety ? The petrol variant in Active/Dynamic version, sans Airbags is an unsafe car as it is. So a potential driver safety issue is inherent . Unless, Fiat have screwed up so badly that there could be an issue with steering rack that can smack on the drivers face in an impact, as opposed to collapse backward.
    dadasaheb likes this.