1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    + 90hp + Tjet to the above wish. Or, even European Evo front looks would have done. In this way, Punto also would have got its due through fresher looks and kept it away from being compared with Avventura design.

Nonetheless, fantastic review by TFI team. 3 cheers!

Only minor thing which caught my attention - how easy or quick is it to open the Avventura boot? In many of the offices, boot of all the vehicles are scanned on daily basis and also in Malls. So, will the security personnel be able to do it himself? or will it require the driver of the car to get down and do the boot opening job.
    pdash likes this.
  2. jugmohan

jugmohan Timido

new delhi
    vikas puri
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    hi all If the price of avvenntura is about 60-80k more than it is going to be a hit but in that case no one will like to buy evo and if price is higher than that in that case it will be difficult to get good sales for avventura.
    regarding the boot opening if it is at places like office where a person goes regularly and staff is same just need to show them once and it is very easy to open the boot but at mall or other places it may become bit of headache as u need to go down and open the boot by yourself but if this cuv sells good in that case everybody will learn the process in short span of time.
    regarding the competition with ecosport which has so many gizmo list than the avventura, people will prefer to take avventura whom basic criteria is safety, control, and basic function of the vehicle are first choice than the gizmos as if u don't feel safe or can't take a turn at high speed if required even once in a while this can put u at big risk, another major issue will be life span of engine and the maintenance of the vehicle, but indian customer prefer these gizmos a lot than the basic things which must have for a vehicle and study very less about the product or even don't take a good td and buy the car but hope they will become more aware for these things soon. wish best of luck to fiat and avventura as they really put a very big effort for this product and considering india as a good market for them as this will be the first model from fiat which is launched first in india and will be exported from here.
    Dr Nitin Dutta and prabhjot like this.
  3. Bejoy

Bejoy Timido

Bangalore
    Wonderful review! The car looks refreshing and looks solid!

Any idea what is the turning radius? (Did I miss reading in the review?)

The fiat website specs say 'N/A' !?!
  4. catch.sanjaygupta

catch.sanjaygupta Timido

New Delhi
    I'm not sure about the exact configurations of 1.4 FIRE engine to be inducted in Avventura but If you refer the video uploaded by Fiat India about power train of Avventura that you will find that its altogether a different engine from same FIRE family. Its 1.4 PDA 16 Valve engine with maximum output of 95 ps and 150 Nm of Torque.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  5. jugmohan

jugmohan Timido

new delhi
    vikas puri
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    build like a tank(feel safe with your family), 1st in class compass, incline and tilt meter, 1st in class functional roof rails, fun to drive, 205mm GC, Looks, Comfort, Drive on any road or no road without any tension, well proven mjd1.3l engine, leather and fabric mix seats, good stock tyres and nice looking alloys, 1st in class dual stage airbags, 15k service interval on mjd, good stock ice(u can opt for 2 din ice with a little change in dashboard and better speakers), blue and me, rear ac vent, fire prevention system, double crank prevention, multi driver info display(distance to empty, external temperature, average etc), auto ac
    what u don't have - reverse camera and sensor ( can have from mkt)
    electric retractable rear view mirrors ( which i will miss a lot as very useful in todays traffic conditions)
    At a price lower than ecosport around 1.5l i think this will be a super hit( and u can have above feature at very reasonable price from the market and of your choice) as the below info of fiat and fiat effort which company is putting in india industry i think this is going to be a super hit product which fiat was waiting for a long time.
    now have 113 service center and increasing at very good speed, fiat will launch so many more models in india, will have better brand image soon, thirsty for volumes means they r putting all efforts for the same.
    prabhjot and drsantoshms like this.
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    10/10 for the review. Very good write up covering minute details too. However I feel FIAT should have done more for avventura. When you are dwindling in sales numbers and trying to come out with a new product and expect sales to be on their side, add some specific USPs at the lower price range, which will create its own space. With T-jet given a miss(A blinder!!), and rubbery gear box, they should have thrown in features like AWD, Touch screen infotainment with Navigation package and Safety packages standard across all ranges.That would have created wonders and people would have been all over it.Even the so called herd core!! Well FIAT is adamant and it will be!! FIAT should monitor TFI, which will give the top brass a Management and Sales crash course and help them to get the numbers.
    jugmohan likes this.
  7. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Excellent review, sir !! I am very happy to learn that MJD is remapped favourably in avventura. Eagerly awaiting pricelist. I hope Fiat will price Avventura emotion Rs 60000/- more than Fiat Evo 90hp. Then it will be about 9.2 to 9.5 lakhs OTR. Anywayz among people who take punto, very few people take 90hp variant. Hence avventura won't cannibalise punto sales. But at this price,it may cannibalise Linea Multijet. Who will pay extra 1.5 lakh to Linea MJD Emotion (with a bad over exaggerated reputation of being underpowered and turbolagged) for extra boot, cruise control,auto wipers, auto head lights and sunglass holders? There is very urgent need to relaunch linea with 1.5 MJD. However TJET linea is in a different league and beyond.
    I feel a navigation device is more useful than gimmicky compass and inclinometers in avventura.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Very Good review :) , Thanks to Ravi, Krishna, Hemanth & Karthik for Group TD & your effort. Location is good too :).
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Avventura is launching tomorrow and the prices + variants will be out.

My guess on the pricing is as follows (all ex-showroom Delhi)

• Avventura 1.4 Active : 6 - 6.15 lacs
    • Avventura 1.3 Active : 6.9 - 7.1 lacs (Have a feeling FIAT would like to keep it below 7 lacs to give that psychological effect)
    • Avventura 1.4 Dynamic : 7.1 - 7.3 lacs
    • Avventura 1.3 Dynamic : 7.7 - 7.9 lacs
    • Avventura 1.3 Emotion : 8.2 - 8.4 lacs
    Considering that the Avventura comes only in 90 HP and has bigger tyres, cladding, roof rails etc - I am expecting it to have a premium of atleast 1.25 - 1.5 lacs over the corresponding 75 HP Evo variants. The Avventura Emotion should ideally have a 1 lac premium over the Punto Evo Sports.

1.4 I am just taking a wild guess. FIAT would try to make it's pricing attractive.

Let' see how things pan out.

Amogh
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Amazing review. But it is good to add Functional Roof rail in the what you like section. Because it is also segment first. Killer price i must say. Hope for the best