1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

See how Hyundai is slowly building the momentum around this car. First the teasers at the Shanghai expo, then the crash tests, to satisfy the auto enthusiasts. I am sure there will also be some media "previews" conducted outside before launching in India, by which time the buyer's appetite will have been really well worked up. At which point, the buyers will be so enamored of it that they will accept it even in a 1.4 CRDI guise instead of the expected 1.6 CRDI.

FIAT India- please study this and try to implement it yourself, instead of offering a "will-they, wont they ? " game with the Jeep/Abarth or even the 1.6 MJD.
    rudresh, dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Boss, the 500X is a whole segment above this Korean shamster in its design, engines, materials, build and engineering. Think Skoda Yeti and above.

A car (the 500X) this good, (and it's a cinquecento, i.e., design history, heritage, iconicity etc)....has NO hope in India! We are 'like this only', after all!;):p

Yup, the Hyundai i20 Cross will sell at least a 1200 a month...to go with 10000 for the i20 hatch. It will not have a higher GC, or a high-end suspension design or engineering (i.e., it will, unlike the Avventura, NOT be a crossover AT ALL, but what the heck? It's a kitschy-Korean-pop-song of a 'luxury' car, after all! :D:mad:)
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

Prabhjot, As an auto enthusiast, I dont agree with this sort of vilification of Hyundai as a brand. Let us acknowledge Hyundai for what it does possess in ample measure, rather than a sort of "elitist" view that was prevalent in the auto industry- but for which the Western brands paid dearly in the 70s/80s. Hyundai has a large mass market presence in almost all markets of the world. They play in all segments except the high-end luxury. Most of their cars have good to very good customer feedback, and they are constantly trying to provide value for money in terms of customer-focused technology. Fiat , although technologically having a richer history and expertise, has often been a confused brand. Its core brand sells well only in select mature and emerging markets, while its other brands (Alfa/Maserati) are low-volume sellers in a near-mass-market luxury segment. Chrysler has again had perhaps the most chequered history amongst all the famous names.
    FCA, however technologically brilliant, somehow never conjures up the image of consistency as a Toyota/Honda or a Hyundai does.
    prabhjot, Raj_pol, limraj and 3 others like this.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    I Toally agree with you @acechip on this, the perfect example is the New i20, we all know that it is a CC of Alfa,but even though it is a B+ segement car it sold about 10K !.
    It is very easy to keep arguing about Fiat, the Technology the design the build but with all that they cannot manage to even sell 10% of Punto against the i20, I too hate to see few morons on the wheels of a new i20 which is an Alfa, but got to face reality.

I guess we guys make better Sales/After Service managers than actually apointed management for doing so, never the I Love my cars and will always do so.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  5. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    @Prabjot - I was just commenting on the basis of this :
    You seem to be a blind hater of Hyundai. See, I'm a satisfied customer of Hyundai for the last 12 years ( santro/Getz crdi).
    Not even once have my cars shown any problem not to mention the outstanding HASS.
    It will take atleast 50 years for Fiat to attain this; perhaps never. Forget driving dynamics, suspension, blah blah..It is only for that 1%.
    Rest 99% need hassle-free ownership experience and niggle-free cars.
    Raj_pol and dadasaheb like this.
  6. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I got mine few days after delivery. Check with SE, he should have received it by now.

P.S.: I am yet to get my extended warranty booklet though :p
  7. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I too have been following the ix25 from Hyundai for quiet sometime and if it's rated 5 stars then its a welcome thing. Even though I am FIAT lover, looking at the state of affairs at FIAT India, Its better they declare themselves as an engine maker cum supplier in India. They have had enough management changes and they are still not done. I feel sad for FIAT but gotto accept that the competitors are moving ahead at a far faster pace.
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    Actually Fiat ranks last in most places as far as brand satisfaction is considered.
    Now @prabhjot would you say the whole world does not know how to drive?
    MakeTheMove likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

my family and I have had 4 Fiats over 6 years. While imperfect, we've been VERY satisfied obviously by the cars but also the stuff you insist Hyundai is brilliant at.

Note that I am arguing against the idea that an i20 elite sells 10000 a month while a Punto sells 500, and that that is justifiable merely on the basis of better reliability and ASS. Are the latter 20X better?

Remember Hyundai-s ARE a discount brand EVERYWHERE in the world, including South America, ASEAN and China. i.e., they have to sell MUCH cheaper, with much better warranties, and offer much more per-dollar.

Here: their cars are MUCH more expensive, their warranties are much worse, their spares and ASS charges are among the highest.

So: I am not saying their cars are awful nor that they aren't much improved. But that neither the cars nor the brand identity have ANYthing whatsoever to justify this exorbitant premium and domination.

They're fleecing a very foolish herd, that's what I am saying. That foolish herd is missing out on not just excellent build, ride, handling, safety etc which are NOT or rather SHOULD NOT be a concern only for a negligible minority....but on good old VFM.

A Hyundai in India, like a Honda though arguably unlike Maruti, offers very poor value. If I were in Indonesia or Mexico or China or even the US I'd buy one happily, given that it is by-far the cheapest good-option available. It IS a discount brand everywhere except India.
    Murphy_Fiat and dadasaheb like this.
  10. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    I wish management people from FIAT India and head quarter have read the last few posts at least. This will AGAIN give them insight on what people thinks, what are their pain areas while dealing with FIAT, what is their frustration when they see their beloved brand not doing good.

Anyways... less said is better as it has discussed so many times and I dont see any point in discussing anything about FIAT.

@prabhjot, I don't understand what is wrong with i20 Elite as a product. The price mentioned for the product is perfect and way better than how FIAT has prized their products. Just consider the FIAT product without discount and compare the same with competition. Now compare the features on offer by competition as compare the same segment FIAT and you will realize FIAT products are overpriced.
    Also services offered by HASS is not bad either as they projected. When compared to FASS, I feel HASS gives excellent services to their customers.

Expect handling part, Hyundai products are way too superior as compared to FIAT. With government making safety standards for car mandatory, I don't see any USP with FIAT products once they are fully implemented and followed in Indian market.
    dadasaheb likes this.