1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I have already sold my previous car. Last month I TD almost a dozen cars and after selling my car have driven dozens cars borrowed from friends. Now, no friend is left from whom I can borrow a car.

One thing is clear that there is some problem else why all the dealers would tell that it will take 3 to 4 months to deliver a car manufactured in 2015.

Now, I am feeling like going for Linea (tuning box or remap if required in future) , and second car purchase is due at the end of 2015 when I will have options like Avventura, Abarth Avventura, Chevy trax etc.
  2. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado
    AFAIK Linea Multijet emotion stock is not available in the plant or with any dealer. Now you have option to consider Multijet dynamic with possibly huge discounts. 2015 linea Multijet is available in the month of February.
    Forget about tuning box to linea in near future. Because I am sure you will get used to the characteristics of the engine and enjoy the Linea as it is. Right now my linea is super smooth and runs with lot of enthusiasm from 1500 rpm onwards. Only issue is short first and second gears. You need to upshift the first two gears early to be in the third gear. Believe me third gear is the gear of choice for most of the city driving.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    A website called 'gear shifting' had also posted a scoop regarding engine mount problem of fiat avventura on 17 December, but it is removed now without citing a reason.

If at all, there is problem with engine mounts, following things can occur.
    http://ccs.webcrawler.com/ClickHand...1&mid=9&hash=BE4E0BEDCF08871E2DE55FD43470C056

After hovering over Emotion Avventura , it would be pain not to get 16 inch alloy, Cruise control etc in case of Linea. It would be well and good if I don't require the tuning box or remap. And if I require, it's always there in the market.

We have 3 +1dealers in and around Pune. I will check with them.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

also mentioned in the following link. Not good at all, if true. Is that the reason NB had to go? Considering that Marchionne has been aggressive about QC problems esp in US, that could well may be so.

http://carzoom.in/fiat-india-to-launch-punto-abarth-and-avventura-abarth-in-2015
    Ashwani295 likes this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat needs to come clean on this, if there is a problem, they should recall cars delivered earlier and if there is no problem then should update and clarify on Internet.

There silence is enough to make buyers anxious .
  6. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : Engine mount problem has not surfaced yet at least in my vehicle. I suspect it's not a serious one for now. Fiat, though, is making sure that problem can b e sorted out at the earliest so that their image is not tarnished. Expect Fiat to fix the problem once they sort it out.
    As of now i would consider it as a rumor and nothing else. I just hope Fiat doesn't do a GM and do silent recalls to fix the issue as and when reported. You can still consider getting the vehicle but again it's a personal choice since you are plonking the money ;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    QC issues have been there, and even shopfloor employees (at assembly) I am sure will acknowledge and suggest the management, if they are allowed to be that vocal. The same thing happened at Chrysler, Mr. Sergio acknowledged these things post takeover of the company and those who really were desperate for these changes for good were filtered and selected to be at key management positions to make sure only best products / practices were adopted for cars thereafter.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado

This is just a classic internet rumour: how do you know it's a generalized problem, as opposed to a particular case or even just a vague even remote possibility. On the net things become true by being stated and repeated through links, and 'likes', and copy-ing, not because they necessarily have ANY rational ground. Mefeels you're being a bit reactive here. Afterall, enigine mounts are not an issue on Punto-s, Evo-s and Linea-s (new or old) ...and the Avventura is just a variant of these cars, esp when it comes to the engine and presumably its mounts?
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  9. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado
    I agree with @prabhjot here. That is exactly what I want to say in one of my previous post. Don't get carried away by this base less piece of information on the Internet and miss opportunity to buy your dream car which is just tailor made for your priorities. Just think rationally and proceed. At the end of day.. It is your money and your car.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Assuming it is not a rumor isn't it a good thing that these issues are being addressed soon at factory level. Recalls are done silently where there isn't a major issue like safety and maybe to save further embarrassment sure, but also to avoid unnecessary panic among customers. Recently Honda too acknowledged and changed airbags in a specific batch of cars of specific time frame of manufacturing. You can say that was silent recall since one such person I know who owns Accord from that batch was not informed. However, Honda put it on their website. I can state many such cases where major global players including the reliable Toyota have recalled vehicles for embarrassing reasons.
    prabhjot likes this.