1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

What is Suzuki shorn of its gargantuan market dominance in India? Little-to-nothing: they don't have diesel engines of their own, they don't have turbopetrols (or only about now). What does the brand stand for: heritage? technology? racing? tuning? exemplary dynamics? design? national identity/style? exemplary quality/reliability/durability (a la Toyota)? innovation?

So, no, good as the European Swift maybe (when I was in the Uk I did confirm that it is FAR better built than its Indian avatar, though still well below Punto/Fiesta et al): I can see no forseeable reason to ever buy a Suzuki.

One buys a brand history/story/heritage/reputation/narrative and identity, one buys a fantasy and an intrigue when one buys a car: that's what makes a car-brand SO different to an appliance (First Apple, then Samsung and now every damn phone is as good as every other, more or less).

So no, one does not buy a car-as-appliance. Suzuki-s are a sort of appliance-car (with nice ASS, apparently). They are mutually substitutable, appliances are! Why buy it when one can buy a Fiat, a Ford or a VW, brands with history, character, interesting brand and car ownership experinces? And no their ASS aren't bad either, not to mention NCAP ratings.
  2. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Suzuki might be making a NCAP 5 rated car in Europe but who buys it in Europe...Suzuki practically has no presence here...Am currently in Stuttgart and over the past 10 months I might have seen 10-12 suzuki cars and most of them Swifts.

The reliable ASS associated with Maruti is more or less am eyewash. The spares at Maruti are costly as well and moreover their service internal is too short and the service guys insist on replacing.

Maruti will never give us a 5 rated NCAP car for sure as it means increase in kerb weight which in turn affects the mileage their USP. Frankly I have immense respect for VW for making Airbags available across the range and I wish FIAT too follows the same path. The market leaders i.e., Maruti and Hyundai in their pursuit to counter each other and increase their market share are forgetting that leaders are those who lead the path and when in comes to safety both are found lacking.

Yes, FIAT might not have a great After sales. Yes, FIAT cars aren't the fastest accelerating. Yes, FIAT cars in some case might be trouble some. Yes, FIAT don't return 26kmpl as per ARAI. But then if I have to choose a brand in which my family would be safe then it has to be FIAT closely followed by VW. Life matters not mileage.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  4. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado
    I am not talking about Avventura. I am talking about New Fiat Linea and Punto ego. They spoilt their timeless subtle designs by extra dashes of Chrome. Their indifferent attitude to bring better technologically advanced engines, automatic transmission drive trains and full range of accessories. I am looking for OEM inbuilt satnav device for my linea with no luck.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    What is satanav device?
  6. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Lack of Airbags and other safety features in dynamic trim may be also because of this strategy
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Number of Airbags in top end versions varies across brands, some come with 8 depending on budget.
    By safety, I meant the built quality which confers crumple zone protection. No matter how many airbags are offered if built quality is poor safety of the airbags itself is at risk leave aside the occupants.
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Completely OTT, but you seem to have flown Air India once, and made a judgement basis that particular flight. I have flown AI several times and then also others, and hence can claim AI is not half as bad. I have seen more idiotic crew in the Gulf sector particularly. This is analogous to someone having a not-so-good TD experience with a Fiat (not related with the car itself) and then deciding not to buy.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    New Tjet ++ launch in near future ? as we are talking about the flights. :wacky:

FIAT Panda Cargo :smuggrin:

fiat_cargo_pic.jpg
  10. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Hope it means satellite navigation
    asimpleson likes this.