1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Exactly. You should not let anyone come in the way of your pleasure and desires (except may be your wife).

@Rohan
    These are minor or non-issues. You have to worry about other things like damaged bumper repaired and repainted, dents fixed by the dealer service guy, or demo/TD cars sold as new. These are not the case here. If there was any major issues like this, the dealer would have kept the car extra clean to distract you. They could have given the polythene covers, washed the car, cleaned the tire etc - it's a nice feeling to get a present in a gift wrap even though the packing has no or low value. These guys are just lazy or careless, not dishonest or trying to cheat you.

Enjoy your new car and have great time.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 2, 2015 ---
    Raj, I was also reading the BMW issue. That's absolutely cheating. Compared to this, Rohan's case is nothing, just minor issues.
    prabhjot and Tornado like this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

Tires would be dirty, yes. Scratches are not acceptable. But here's the damn thing. For far too long, we have been accustomed to "adjust". This adjust mentality should go sometime. Until you sign off on the gate pass, you have every right to take your money back and walk away. Its just that the whole experience can be so overwhelming that one tends to " get the heck with it". And delivery times are typically evenings, when the staff pays the least attention to you. Having said that , not all experiences are so bad. In my case, I never had a delivery problem with my Santro, Dzire, Nano, Micra. But for the car I was "most" excited about, well, I have already talked about it.
    Raj_pol and Rohan like this.
  3. Rohan

Rohan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Today's Update.
    The complaint was sent to FIAT India via e-mail and facebook. They along with the dealership had several phone calls and now they will get a another car from another dealership, and what's even better is i will also go there and have my choice of selecting any of the Avventura.
    I was really serious about changing the dealership bit the problem was the refund and re- payment to another dealer which would take several more days. But my dad really wanted to gift it to me on this 5 th as a birthday gift so the decision was dropped.
    Anyways tomorrow i will have a look at the another car and will post the update.
    Tornado, Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rohan

I don't understand this 'bhav dena' and 'bhav khana' as criteria for judging such things though. I personally don't ever care or even notice how insolent, blase or ingratiating a service-provider is. These are incidental to the implicit 'service' contract with a dealership or a hotel/restaurant. As long as the 'food' is good and the 'service' is prompt and honest...don't care whether the waiter is pretty, well-coiffed or good at bowing and scraping. In fact the latter is irritating to me, discomfiting and sets alarm bells ringing.

Good that you mobilised Fiat to the cause of tighter dealer 'customer service' protocols, especially in Metros where standards/expectations are higher. Hopefully, future customers of Tuli Fiat and they themselves will be the better for it. Showing a scratched car for PDI is unacceptable.

Still, not sure the percieved rudeness of the sales manager deserved to be reacted to quite SO. Anyway, don't know the facts of the 'case'. Just gave my own 'funda' on 'service industry' standards: as long as the 'food' is good...in this case it wasn't but will be! :)

btw, I prefer flying Air India and as a rule prefer street food and avoid pubs and restaurants, just so you know where am coming from:p. Yeh hai India meri jaan...Tuli Fiat is in West, Punjabi Dilli, after all, no?;)
    Rohan likes this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

Only a Fiat fan can understand the fact that Air India is not half as bad as it is perceived by the 9W/EK/BA/LH/SQ/CX loving crowd. I assume most of those drive Hondas, Hyundais, Toyotas & Teutonics .
    Rohan, asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I would not agree to that. I had traveled by our national airlines to Singapore once. Worst. most idiotic crew ever and unless there is a platonic emergency i am never going to do that. I ride a Fiat though :D but in my case as I had mentioned before I am not a Fan Boy. Tomorrow Suzuki brings a NCAP 5 star rated car with exceptional driving manners and maybe even mileage I will definitely look into the same.
    Just my two cents :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Raj_pol
    NCAP 5 star rated maruti car with excellent driving dynamics? What a joke! For more such jokes send SMS Suzuki to 45451;);)
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Well I am not at all against Suzuki , after all we still own M800 , now 16 yrs old. But I really laughed out loud @drsantoshms :p:p:D. Why don't we have lol link for these moments:cool::rolleyes:
    drsantoshms likes this.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @drsantoshms I was expecting such a reply :D but your comment is actually far from the truth. The European version of the Swift is actually a very good car and is also 5 star rated for safety. What they sell here in India is a tin box and that is because we as Indians demand only mileage and nothing else. That is also probably true for other brands like Honda.

Also, if we introspect we realize that only the top versions of the Punto have air-bags which is excluded from the other versions (only VW has it for the Polo).
    Additionally, the Swift will smoke any other Indian hatchback in any form of race (barring the GT twins from VW which are leagues ahead). Add the rubbery gearbox to it too.

See I drive the new Punto, but that does not make me blind to it's shortcomings. One thing is to like a product, another is to be blind to any or all of it's shortcomings.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and drsantoshms like this.
  10. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Raj_pol
    I agree with you completely. My previous comment above is because of hatred towards maruti. Being leader in Indian car market, what kind of trend he started? Compromising on design, comfort, built, safety and driving dynamics for the favour of mileage, and other gimmicky features which will appeal to less informed buyers. All other car makers are following this trend of cost cutting and Compromising on basic motoring issues. Why can't MS launch global models in India? Why MS and Honda launch India specific models?
    No doubt Fiat is also forced to follow this trend. Designed in Italy for Indian priorities.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.