1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Ah am I converting you :p and with the projector lamps, add the rear view camera, maybe even a rear spoiler, a very good music system, for once they can borrow an idea from the Tata's - Harman Kardon would do just good.

Happy New Year to you :D
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Rohan

Rohan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Happy new year every one
    There is a sad news guys.
    My car was to be delivered on 5 jan 2015.
    All the formalities and payment was cleared. Today we went to showroom to have a look at the car that would be delivered to us. I was highly disappointed.
    1) 89 kms on the odo
    2) Dirty tyres
    3) No plastic wraps on dashboard neither on the seats.
    4) Few very small scratches on music system.
    5) The rear quarter panel on the inner side had 3-4 scratches, so deep that paint was peeled off, later found that this due to seat belt buckle stuck in between the door and the body.
    6) It , anyhow didn't gave a new-ish feel.

I along with my friends and family noticed these faults on deep look in and around the car.
    I straight out declined that car due to above faults. But what's shocking was the reply of the manager.
    He told they would repair it and then we can have a look at it. Seriously?
    They were not even a percent interested in selling the car. Repeatedly told that we may cancel the car. How casual they are.
    Anyhow my birthday gift is now in deep doubt. Feeling sad on very first day of new year due to all this.

However, wrote a mail to the support team and posted on their facebook page.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Same to
    you there, bro.
    4days yet to go, it's too early to get disappointed.

Upto 300 km, it's OK, My dealer has printed booking form on which it is mentioned. BTW have you gone through the PDI thread on this forum?
    Its logical for 89 km run car. On delivery date they would be cleaned and polished by the dealer. And by the time car reaches your home they would be dirty again!
    Plastic wraps on the dash are required only for Linea because the color of the soft touch part of the dash is really light coloured and are prone to get dirty. In case of Avventura it is grey and does not need wraps.

AFA, seats are concerned, they might have been removed for vacuuming. Just see if the dealer has his own dedicated TD car. If yes, then don't worry.

If they
    ar spoiling the look, ask them to replace the HU.

Get it painted FOC before delivery .

I have seen people banging the cars on first day of the ownership.

If you have made full payment & car is already registered on your name at RTO, then similar reaction can come from the members here.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

I understand your anguish. But you are not the only one, nor are Fiat dealers the only guilty ones that do this. Seen plenty of threads with cars ranging from Wagon Rs to BMWs. In my case, when I took delivery of my Linea T-Jet in December-2011, the entire wiper/washer assembly was not functioning. They tried to pass it off as 1) fluid tank empty/lack of water 2) dirt in the rubber water tube 3) the rubber split joint (for the 2 nozzles) come loose. But when none of these worked, I took the matter in my hands and barged (literally) into the cabin of the dealer's top boss. He immediately came out, personally supervised the replacement of the entire wiper/washer assembly, gave a memo (atleast on paper) to the sales incharge for not conducting PDI thoroughly and delivered the car after about an hour.
    But you do have the option of asking for another car if you are not fully satisfied.
    prabhjot, asimpleson and Tornado like this.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    yes and from the sales numbers it is very clear and evident that people will not care damn about the above listings.
    and still few dare to purchase Fiats get such experience.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado At least you managed to get accessories list for Avventura, KHT Fiat doesn't even have the list :p. I am interested in getting few of them but dealer doesn't want to sell them :p
    Raj_pol likes this.
  7. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot
    Happy and prosperous new year to you and all other TFI members . For me In new linea the killer feature is its stance when you view from the profile. It's forward crouching stance coupled with high ground clearance is a feast to eyes. To me it looks like an arrow ready to be released.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Rohan, welcome to the forum. Your post (resolution) is pretty self-explanatory. Do wait/allow the manager to fix all the issues, discuss exactly how he wishes to address the issues, esp. of HU scratches and such. Please email a feedback to Fiat and/or Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar too (email id on TFI) so it gets forwarded to appropriate department for further inquiry or action. As far as tyres are concerned, yes you can ask them to give it a quick spray wash too.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rohan

The issues you picked up are minor, and will be resolved perfectly by the manager, surely, come delivery day. Missing polythene cover, dirty tyres etc are not issues at all, man! That's what PDI is for.

As regards the rudeness from the manager: you are buying the car, not his manners! Forget it, this degree of friction at delivery time (and yours is still 3 days away) is, I am afraid, par for the course at any dealership, Japanese and Korean ones not excluded (as @acechip pointed out).

Why let a rude or blase sales manager come in the way of years of ownership pleasure/excitement, especially since this is your first personal car, it seems?

c u, post updates?
    drsantoshms and JohnyBoy like this.
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Rohan My answer would be a bit different. The dirty tyres - yup that would get cleaned (should rather) on the day of delivery. The scratches are unacceptable and should not be there. Look contrary to what other members say I am very sentimental about such stuff and if I am not happy I will not accept it. You should do the same.

Regarding manners, behaviour etc - well this is India and because this banana republic of a country has such bad implementation of rules any Tom, Dick and Harry can do whatever they please.

p.s. I was reading on another car forum how a dude was sold a demo BMW which was passed off as a new car. Imagine his plight.