1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Stay away from sky moto people,, Choose pandit or jay-vijay if still you can!
    You will relieve yourself from undue stress.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Need urgent advice.
    I received a message from Hyundai that 6% excise duty concessions on cars is going to end on 31st December 2014.
    FIAT dealers are also sounding similar.

Can someone confirm this?

Screenshot_2014-12-31-10-42-02.png
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, government is not extending the excise duty benefit after 31st December. Manufacturers may increase the price to that extent, though it would also depend on specific cars as they may not increase it for every car due to demand gaps. However, I expect most of the cars to get little expensive from now on.
    Tornado likes this.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado i think for Avventura you will need to pay 12% after 31 Dec 2014, now it is 8% for today only, tough task for you to decide.
    Tornado likes this.
  5. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Tornado, don't bother to find out the exact month of manufacturing. It doesn't matter. Avventura is a new car, so whatever is the manufacturing date, it can't be old.
    Your issue is not the date. As you said "Lack of punctuality & transparency made me angry." That's the problem you have to sort out. You cannot buy the car with a 'I was cheated' or 'dealer is fooling me' feeling.

In your initial post you were worried about resale value. When people pointed out that it is not a valid worry, your worry shifted to "And who knows car might be rejected by someone during PDI." You will keep on finding out such worries. You cannot keep driving the car with this feeling for 5 years (trust me, you will not change the car before that). It will be there in your mind always, any small issues in the car, you will associate with this.

The best and simplest thing you can do is to forget about the 2014 car and go for the 2015 car as you planned originally. The dealer might have got an extra 2014 car (cancellation or came form another branch or something like that) and he is trying his luck to push to you. He is bluffing about the 3 month wait period for 2015 car. (I think promising a 2015 car for delivery in first week of Jan was another sales tactics by them, it is possible, but highly unlikely). You may not get in the first week of Jan, it may be pushed to last week of Jan.

I suggest you do this:
    a) Tell the dealer you need 2015 car and ask them to confirm the delivery date. If they insist on 3 months, tell them it is unacceptable and ask them to check with Fiat and get back with a reasonable time frame.
    b) Send a mail to Fiat customer care highlighting delay in committed delivery date from this dealer. Just say you were promised delivery in first week of Jan and now they are saying 3 months. Don't mention the 2014 car offer from the dealer. Just make it like delay in delivery.
    I can bet you the dealer will come back to you with a delivery date of 2nd week of Jan (for a 2015 car).

All the best buddy, enjoy many years with your Avventura.
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado .Its in TOI front page as well. Cars and SUVs to get dearer as no excise duty wave off any more. The call is yours. Would not make much difference for Avvy as the car manufactured in 2014 cant be more than 3 months old as that is wyhen Avvy was launched. To me it makes no sense to buy the same car manufcatured just 2-3 months later doesn't make financial sense. You may check with other deailers in the city for better deals on 2014 make car and do a thorough PDI in case you feel your current dealer is not clean enoug in his dealings. Let me tell you when I got my GP Sports in May 14 it was a Feb 2014 model and sitting in the stock yard for may be 2-3 months. I did a thorough check up once in the stock yard and once just before delivery. I made it clear that I will cancel the booking in case I find any issues. The did the registration only after my final PDI just before the delivery. I made all my payments only after that. Just need to be a little stern in your delaings and you should come through fine. Its been 7 months of ownership and touch wood not even a single issue till date.
    Tornado and prabhjot like this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Urgently, decode this for me
    Chasis no :MCA1185G07060949LJZ

I am new in VIN decoding.
  8. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, Although final decision making authority is FM of India, AFA excise duty hike is concerned I am taking the words from fellow TFIans here.
    Sky Moto is offering me corporate discount of Rs 5000.(this is probably in lieu of handling charges which he refused to wave off.
    )
    Also he has committed to provide me free mats & mudflaps. Guys, please tell if I should opt for mats & mudflaps from dealer or not?

The car would be December 14 manufactured.
    PDI will be done tomorrow or day after.
    Please, provide me link for the same.
    Also, I invite Avventura owners to mention Avventura specific points to be checked .

Also, let me know, if HTC Desire 820 s is compatible with the 'blue 5 & me 'of the Avventura Emotion.? , as one of my friend is going to purchase it for me from Dubai.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado. In my opinion the Avventura does not need the mud flaps as it already has the cladding. On the mats demand the fabric ones, the rubber ones are crap.
    Tornado likes this.