1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Got a call from SE that Bronzo Tan is ready to deliver.
    I said, on booking form it is mentioned that I will be delivered a Jan 15 manufactured car in first week of the Jan.

He said that it would take 3 months to deliver a Jan manufactured car.

Then I asked him, why did he made false promise to me? He said, next year fiat is going to increase the prices due to excise, price hike blah.. blah.. blah...

@all, How much depreciation is expected at the end of 4 to 5 years, if I happen to purchase a car manufactured in last quarter of 2014 rather than Jan 15?
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well, resale value is impossible to predict since there are innumerable factors at play. Not the least of which are the unpredictable number of miles you put on the vehicle over 5 years, accidents etc. And used-market conditions. And who knows whether you'll sell it only after 3 years, or 7 years?

Not advising anything, just saying!

Post updates?
  3. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : The depreciation becomes insignificant if you keep the car for a longer period (Say 5 years or more). I would say don't bother about few Thousands that may or may not come your way when you sell your vehicle. Just take the delivery and start enjoying the Avvy.

As pointed out, resale value depends on a number of factors. As an example, i was able to sell my 2.5 Years old Beat LS Diesel for roughly 4.5 Lacs (50k+ run), where as one of my friends could sell his only for 4.1 Lacs (almost same age and ODO reading)!!
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Tornado, don't worry about depreciation or resale value. As prabhjot and Rahul said it depends on different things and when you are selling and how desperate or fast you want to sell the car. Fiat is not a good car if you are worried about resale value. :(
    Also a good buyer will not just look at Year of manufacturing, he will see month of manufacturing also. 1 month is not going to make much difference.

But, as you had clearly mentioned that you wanted 2015 car, (and they agreed), you have the right to get one. Escalate to Fiat India and they will instruct the dealer. Send a mail to sales/branch head of the dealership and mark it to fiat customer care, they will take some action. Dealers are sort of scared of manufacturers.

He is just bluffing - 3 months to deliver - just to push you to accept 2014 car.
    Also if there is any price hike, the dealership has to bear the increase. You had agreed on price, model and delivery date. They have to honour that.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado .I guess you are in the wrong forum if you are looking to buy a Fiat and expecting a good resale. Fiats are bought mostly by enthusiasts who value the driving experience more than any thing else. If you are planning to keep the car for 5 years dont be too bothered about it. Who knows in 5 years Fiat might have turned around as a company and selling like hot cakes or planning to shut shop. No one knows whats going to happen tomorrow. No point predicting the resale 5 years down the line. As the best photgraphers say click with whatever you have as you may have a better camera tomorrow but you end up not capturing the present click which may not happen again. The best gear is what you have at the moment.Same goes with car just enjoy driving rather than worrying if its Dec 14 or Jan 15 car or what will be the resale value after 5 years.
    Saket Sidana and prabhjot like this.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    It's OK if I get driving pleasure at the cost of some financial (might be mediocre difference in amount between 2014 & Jan 2015)loss due to low resale value . What I did not liked is that the dealer first told me that neither the his showroom nor fiat plant have a 2014 manufactured Bronzo Tan, And he mentioned on booking form that the car would be 2115 manufactured. Also he told me that he would deliver it me during second week of Jan 15.

Today, all of sudden, he called me and said he has got a Bronzo Tan Avventura ready to deliver.

Lack of punctuality & transparency made me angry. And who knows car might be rejected by someone during PDI.
    Also, he was unable to tell me exact manufacturing month of 2014.
    Hence I thought of eighther getting some discount or changing the dealer .
  7. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Please make sure that a display car is not being pushed to you. Just make sure that car is a new one and there is no harm in getting it now itself.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado Best is to get the VIN and decode. You will know the month of manufacture. You will have all the info that you need.

Just search on net on how to decode Fiat VIN. Looking at the VIN you can figure out how old is the car and how long it has been in the stock yard. Some body may have cancelled the booking due to some reason and may not actually have rejected in PDI. You too can do a PDI and reject if you find anything fishy. Anyway Avvy was lauched 3-4 months back so you can not have a car older than that.

In case you want a 2015 car just stick to it and ask the dealership that you will wait for a 2015 car. They may be trying to sell you a 2014 car at the price promised for a 2015 car and trying their luck that you may agree. You can always ask for bigger discounts on 2014 car. Wait till 2015 and you will get 2014 cars at higher discounts.

Never listen to Salesman. They are the worst enemies of a consumer. You would not believe one of my friends bought a mid varinat and not a top variant as the salesman brainwashed that Airbags are of no use unless you are driving at speeds in excess of 100. He could have afforded the top variant as well and me inspite of sending inummerable links on the use and advantages of airbags and their role as a life saving agent he still went with the Salesman words and bought a the one without airbags.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    No, they didn't had a Bronzo Tan Avventura on display. Pics of Bronzo Tan Avventura which I posted on this forum few days back was a 'to be delivered car '. Today, he said that he will enquire at fiat and let me know the manufacturing month and probably it is Sept 14 manufactured car.

Other dealer Jay Vijay has also got a November 14 manufactured Bronzo Tan Avventura with him and he seems bit transparent than the Sky Moto people.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    prabhjot and Tornado like this.