1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Manyata today. I could only wish for an Avventura :(

Etios.png
  2. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    Are they real aluminium roof rails on Etios cross? In here, all other manufacturers are displaying their cars in malls and IT parks, except Fiat.
    Raj_pol likes this.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Just for display :) etios cross is not worth mentioning here
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Murphy_Fiat, it should be rather called as Etios Clad!

Today, I handed over the booking check to SE of Fiat caffe, koregaon Park, Pune.
    He tried to take my signatures on unfilled RTO registration form. I declined and told him that I will do that after PDI.

The booking form mentioned that if booking is cancelled, cancellation charges are Rs 25000.
    It also mentioned that SE can't guarantee the manufacturing date & year.
    So dealer tried to be safe in case of legal scuttle in future!
    Funnily enough,
    SE spelled Emotion as 'Emosion ' and Bronzo Tan as Bronzo 'Ten '.
    Poor dealer does not know I can sue him for not delivering me a car in 'Ten' colours ! and delivering a Emotion variant rather than 'Emosion' as mentioned in the booking form.
    This is the same dealer (Jay Vijay Motors, erstwhile dealer of fiat and later on Maruti suzuki, located near PMC head office. I remember, I have read a thread about how he tried to sell a car (probably Swift) manufactured 1 year back, but the customer intellently exposed the coup and didn't took delivery, though the car was registered on his name.)

Now that place is taken over by VW showroom and fiat showroom is shifted to KP.)

Anyways, SE is going to bring the TD car once again just for purpose of reviewing the ICE, kind of ICE TD!

AFA, advertisements in malls is concerne, SE said that this car is not yet launched in true sense. Fiat has sponsored many events to be conducted on 31st December under the banner of 'Avventura 'alone across India and people are expected
    to enquire about its manufacturer who is going to be under camouflage.
    And then, TVC would also begin.
    Murphy_Fiat, prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If I may suggest, please take the ICE TD with a proper Audio CD and not MP3. Ofcourse check the MP3, but play one or two favorite tracks of yours via a good audio CD of your choice. Yes, very less people use Audio CDs, but if you need to check the sound and HU inbuilt amp and speaker combination capability please do the same to get a fairly accurate idea of the factory ICE setup. I know I did the same test and felt the needed improvement is already there for a stock ICE system.
    Tornado likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    or check with mp3-s with a high 'bit rate' (isn't that what it's called, sorry am an ICE- and IT-fool?) :)
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bit-rate means more information, but the codec used for ripping a track is much more important and often most neglected. A not so good codec is a very weak link during audio track ripping. I would rate WMA Pro Speech or Music depending on genre, or LAME or original Fraunhofer codec. VBR instead of CBR to save some space and while lowering Sound information loss. For those audio freaks, a lossless codec. For those wanting SQ yet relying on AUX, all the above measures, plus a wolfson based implementation of portable media player or phone. Its a very big subject as you must be knowing and one solution for all, even the most expensive solution does not work. Everyone has a different liking, tolerance and approach towards music :)

CD still rules for those who cannot tolerate any fiddling to the original sound.
    Tornado and prabhjot like this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson, agreed with you on the ACD. Rest of your post has gone 10 feet above my brain level.

I am just a fan of Sharp thump which comes out from Infinity Reference 6500 speakers ,and good drum beats lover.
    I play music on +3 bass, and - 4 treble levels.
    Songs which I love include Cherry cherry lady, Brother louie louie from modern , Touch me from Samantha Fox .
    In Hindi, I love AR Rehman with good drum & Tabla beats.
  9. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @acechip Yes at speed of around 40 kmph, Avvy rides gracefully over bad roads. At that speed even my Jet makes ride a bit uncomfortable but again I own a Dynamic variant, hope that Linea Emotion might work better than my Dynamic, owners can confirm.
    Tornado likes this.
  10. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Happy Afternoon guys, just TD drove AVVY...
    OMG, what a refreshing feeling.
    In fact went to Marvel fiat to finalise GP Punto for my friend,mjd emotion version, April 2014 model GP is being offered for 7.00 and evo 7.45. Need members advice for choosing the right model.
    Coming back to TD of Avvy, its difficult to be live that the same engine is in my linea,pre facelift model. There was absolutely no turbo lag and the response even at 1500 rpm was fabulous. Most of the auto sites which had written the reviews said that low end torque was not good,but on the contrary I felt the response was fabulous, I felt I was driving a petrol vehicle.
    In fact when I changed my vista after 90k, I felt extremely difficult to come to terms with linea
    Avvy is great at both lower end and higher end, I wish linea was tuned as well as Avvy.