1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    45 minutes of TD is enough to give a review. Overall how do you rate Avvy compared to punto evo 90HP / Linea T Jet ?
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @kgramesh I cannot compare Avvy with Punto Evo 90 HO as I haven't tried hands on Evo. In comparison to T-Jet, well ride appears to be more balanced in Avvy, undulations, pot holes, speed breakers etc. which are so called hindrances for smooth ride actually don't bother in Avvy. Avvy just glides over such roads. High seating in Avvy gives a sense of command. From performance point, frankly i did not find Avvy any lesser than T-Jet. Once RPM needle approached 2k, fun was endless. As mentioned in my earlier post, I am in love with clutch and gear lever of Avvy than one on my T-Jet.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @mangeshtendulkar, that was a winning stroke by you for me. Your post ends ambiguity about Linea vs Avventura in my mind .
    It would be Bronzo Tan Avventura for me.
    AFA, sales figures are concerned, I recently had an argument with a Maruti fan friend, he was boasting about Maruti sales figures & bashing Fiat for its low sales figures.

I just told him that if word 'fiat' is removed from Maruti , what remains is 'manually malleable metal ' and the sales figures of Maruti petrol counterparts of the Mjd.

But he kept on boasting about how a dent on Maruti bonnet was removed by a mechanic with just a blow of clenched fist. @Rs 200.
    Then I left remembering similar dent repair carried out on my Uno with hammers & machine costing me 4 k.
    Indeed, what a built quality it was!!.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 18, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 17, 2014 ---
    IMG-20141218-WA0001.jpg IMG-20141218-WA0000.jpg Guys, got pics of bicycle stand and the luggage rack.
    In the pic, is it two in one stand +rack or only stand?
    Asking above question, because I got two different quotes, 12 to 13 k & 25 k from different dealers .
    What I feel is that Rs 25 k might be the quote for two bicycles as seen in the fiat advertisements.
    Overall, SE's knowledge on this subject seems to be nil.
  4. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    Right now, the decision is that window shopping will continue!

Having said that, cross shopping is a reality in India. Fiat should accept that. I see your point about the Avventura & Linea's target audience being different. I get that. But marketing in India has some of these quirks. Buying a car in a lot of households is usually a "joint" decision, so you do have to find ways to surmount the "but it has such a big boot!" argument that always comes up when all arguments are limited to the sticker price. ;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

What exactly do you mean when you say that Avvy glides over undulations ? Is it a low speeds or at high speeds ? Reason why I ask is, on the Linea T-Jet (mine is 170mm GC) , if I drive over the undulations or irregular surfaces at high speeds , the car doesnt flinch. However, at low speeds (~40-50 kph), it does tend to pitch a bit. Whereas, when I test drove a Duster recently, that one didnt flinch either at low or at high speed. It was flat as a pancake. So whats the Avventura like ? If they have managed to match or better the Duster, then thats a helluva job.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @acechip , I know your question is not directed towards me. But I can say Avventura is little bit better than Mjd Linea on undulations at all speeds. On a offroad stretch, where Linea passed without any issues or flinch with 5 occupants on board . ES due to hard suspension felt like 'racing bullock cart' on that stretch.

Anyways, I have refused to pay handling charges.

One question :which is best tuning box for Avventura Mjd 1.3? Eg. duel chanell Dieseltronics.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Today, Morning I saw Avventura Branzo Tan just ahead of me on a traffic signal, car is really looker in so much traffic rush of Morning almost everyone was staring at it bikers/4 wheelers.
  8. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am keeping my eyes wide open these days on road to spot a Avventura on road, but no luck so far..
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Can someone post a link for best plug & play tuning kit.
  10. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hi Guys, I need your help and advise based on your experience. I have started putting in mobil delvac 1 in my mjd from 45,000 kms and I change every 7500 kms. However, I noticed a lot more noise when the car is at idle or may be more on the cold start. This was not present with Selenia nor with mobil 1 0w 40 (only at idling I use to hear little noise with 0w40). However, the car revs are superb and it revs freely (but I hear the noise). Now I have to say that neither FE nor power had any decrease. All are well, and infact its better. My technician said that due to the good flow rate, we may hear sound but that does't mean the metal is scraping. Thicker oils may decrease sound, but the metal gets affected due to poor flow rate. Right now I reached 88,000 kms and just wanted to check if any one have observed this in their cars.

I know that Delvac 1 (D 1) is used in various car engines across the world, but just thinking whether this oil is more suited to engines with larger sump capacity. As mjd has smaller sump, and then the tappets are hydraulic and the rings are not located very high like in the modern buses or may be like the chevy 2500 cc car trucks etc. Is this oil extra qualified for mjd as this engine wont create that much soot for which D1 is intended to handle.

My technician also have shown me an other mjd which was changed to Mobil delvac 1 and it also has a bit more sound. But somehow, I like this sound and also in high speeds it goes freely (Better than selenia at high speeds). If this is not the right thread, can some one help me to the right one, please.

This is actually not psychological, but I can see the difference and so asked. Thanks.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014