1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. hi_hitendrapatil

hi_hitendrapatil Novizio

Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado,
    While TD at panditAuto, No rattling issue observed and till date not in my Avvy. you can check my Avventura
    Tornado and tattoo like this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @hi_hitendrapatil , During my TD, I heard the rattle,yesterday, got a call from Pandit showroom stating that rattle issue in the TD car stands resolved. And your findings are endorsing his statement.

Just one question for all the members here.
    In future, if I feel that I need a low end torque similar to Ford fiesta, is it possible for me to get it if I install dieseltronics tuning kit . Is it possible to remove the kit before sending the car for servicing & replace it afterwards on my own?
    Although, on this forum it is said that tuning kit is nothing but attempts to fool the ECU, it would be probably better for me from warranty POV.
  3. tattoo

tattoo Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado
    My friend has a figo and he uses a tuning kit he bought from germany. But before visiting the service station he always reverts everything back to stock and retains his warranty :D

But the short answer is Yes, it voids the warranty.
  4. Rohan

Rohan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys, I am really confused now.
    It's a tough choice between Avventura and Punto Evo. Both being the emotion variant. As Fiat isn't giving any discount on the Avventura even in December, I am thinking more towards the Evo as the total benefits are around 65K which a decent amount.
    So Evo is costing me 7.3L OTR
    And Avventura close to 9.4L.
    Total difference is 2.10L
    Suggestions please.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well, the Punto Evo's styling is based on the Avventura's, NOT the other way around. So if you're keen on the design/styling language: Avventura's it!

You seem to be comparing the 75 hp Evo to the 90 hp Avventura. Not fair to the Avventura: guess it boils down to what beyond styling/design/detailing do you intend doing with the car. So I'd say: the Avventura's great with city style, efficiency and driveability BUT it is clearly the much better highway/bad-road car than the already good Punto Evo.

And so, maybe: if you don't intend venturing out on highways, the hills (from Delhi) then you could just go for the Evo, which looks hot and sleek and aggressive enough.

Also: styling (everything from 'skidplates' to alloys and spare wheel cover to art leather seats) has a price. And so, if I am right about you liking the Avventura's overall look and feel more: go for it! You'll also get 90 horses, better tuning and that tall-high-riding feel + BIG tyres.
    Rohan and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  6. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    @Tornado For all our driving enthusiasts, its like going to a coffee shop which is located far off from home, just to have a good drive. And our Fiat satisfies this in every aspect. Imagine a 7 series which occupies one full lane and can't use all its ponies, and a punto infront of it maneuvers so easily. Not just speed brakers on indian roads, there are many which will come with life - buffaloes, sheeps and blind men with healthy eyes:D. Sometimes I feel that buffaloes and dogs will give way when we horn, but our great blind men can never hear the double horn and please don't call them deaf. Am a patriotic Indian and I have to live with it;)

@prabhjot A4 is one pathetic car when it comes to handling. There is one A4 customer who has a linea and every time we meet at the fiat workshop. He says A4 is just for the brand. Last weekend, when I went to barista, there is a guy who comes regular on his Accord to the same place, and he asked me that he would like to check the interiors. I updated him that the new punto has all new interiors and some exterior make up. He said that there are no many ads, and i said with fiat its like - "u like it, take it or we dont care". He asked me is it to be considered as confidence or pride. I said, confidence on their product and pride for you:D. He looks like he already knew about the fiat power train technologies. My observation is: some people who really can understand tech and engineering always will like fiat. Others only like Bentleys or may be an equivalent like Hyundai or maruti:D:D

My colleague bought a fiat punto Tuscan wine last month after listening to all my bashan;) I have booked an evo white for my parents this week. There are two more colleagues who are waiting to take punto in jan. With that we will hit 100 vehicles annual target:D. I don't know when I will see those sales charts going up atleast to 5000 per month.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 17, 2014 ---
    @Rahul Singh Great that it's finally fixed and no rattling issues. Thanks. happy motoring
    limraj, pabhishek, prabhjot and 3 others like this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    For the bicycle & luggage rack one dealer said 12 to 13 thousand INR while another said 25 thousands INR.
    Can someone clarify?
  8. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    12+13 = 25, rt? What's the problem?
    :)
    Jokes apart, the dealers quote whatever they feel like - for accessories, insurance if you are buying from them etc. I recently bought a new car and the initial insurance premium the dealer quoted was 28k. Finally closed it at 16k.
  9. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : KHT Fiat in Bengaluru quoted 12k for bicycle & luggage rack at the time of my purchase, can't comment if the prices have increased now!

@RCP : For reaching the milestone of 5k sales per month (cumulative) FIAT has to go a long way. They have to change perception of mango people like us and that can't be done quickly only by word of mouth publicity. The number of offerings from Fiat should also increase drastically to pull people to showrooms. Last but not the least, they have to increase dealerships as well, if people see the brand presence then chances are footfalls may increase and sales may increase as well.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Guys, I might be doing a repeat here but couldn't resist temptation to pen my feeling here after fantastic Test Drive of Avventura today :happy:. Had been to Times Auto Expo at Pune over weekend and had booked a TD of Avventura (Diesel Emotion variant) for today. Promptly Sky Moto folks got the car at my place right on time which impressed me again (same experience while purchasing Linea T-Jet). Boy once the car was in motion, feeling at home was prominent. I will not be repeating plus points as we all know those very well but want to highlight two drastic changes observed, one was clutch operation is super soft and smooth and second one was perfectly slotting gear stick. I do not experience the same in my New Linea but could feel the difference significantly in Avventura. When asked SA about any modifications done to clutch pedal and gear lever, response was that yes some modifications are done and those are not present in new Linea and Punto Evo :(. But all in all after long 45 min of test drive was really impressed with Avventura. Best product again from FIAT.
    Raj_pol, tattoo, pabhishek and 2 others like this.