1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

Without even venturing into the aspect of discouraging speed competition on Indian roads, lets just face it. No Fiat product in India is even remotely close to the capabilities of even an entry level BMW, Audi or Merc. Not even my wonderful T-Jet. That comparision is just meaningless. Now, if we have to talk about A/B/C segments, yes, I can write volumes about performance.
  2. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    This is part of locking mechanism in my car was causing the rattling. Notice the tape fixed by A.S.S. which solved the issue.

IMG_20141215_090425.jpg
    nbvcrao, prabhjot, Tornado and 3 others like this.
  3. tattoo

tattoo Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  4. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hmmmm.

What u said may be true on the race tracks or may be in controlled environment or a very open stretch which has big lanes not on indian roads or highways. I agree, BMW is a good car and it's dynamics are unmatched. I really disagree that with Audi same VW chasis and engines but at higher price. I earler had a BMW 1 series and am a satisfied driver but when I drove an Audi A4 LAST YEAR, it use to squeal and slip in the tight corners and that electric steering made me feel like something overly reacting and taking all that fun my friend said, it squealed becos, it is not having Quattro so to have a car not to slip or squeal in corners, I have to pay 55 lacs:eek:

The point here is - there is nothing bad in BMWs but punto is such a small car which is capable enough to be in the rear view mirror of a hugely priced branded car as to me - am least concerned abt all that bmws or mercs am happy with fiat and I already knew that it can make that merc think, that it has an extra capable chasis which can even handle the horses given for bmw etc (if given the engines of mercs etc engine)

But if I have to choose one from the three: I will choose BMW or may be the fourth one: Porsche

But even in the good big city roads, the BMW cant open all its performance or may be becos the owners are s**t scary about their cars getting dents and bends on their mercs or bmws...

T-jet may not be close to whatever A/B/C/D/E/F segments or to whichever segment it belongs to, but I can keep it well up with a BMW THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT BMW IS BAD AND ALSO DOESN'T MEAN IT HAS EQUAL PERFORMANCE

I don't respect a driver by its brand, but I respect by the way he drives no respect at all:smuggrin: the respect is for their passion (if they have) or if they think they belong to that big fattened celebrity breed and so they drive those brands to show off, definitely no respect.

The other guy who spoke to me in Vijayawada, knew that BMW is far premium brand than Fiat but his passion let him have a chat about fiat cars its not because his car is not good, but his attitude towards driving and understanding the engineering..

Honestly: whenever I see those stickers with - "live to drive", I literally wanted get down and beat them up, they sit like big fats in their seats and will never give way but as I pledged to my primary school teacher that I will not bring violence into this nation, I wont beat them up. peace be upon this nation:D

Period
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2014 ---
    Yes, the tape thing is good for all rattling issues it is fiat's way of handling those niggles and rattles Fiat technicians are very innovative BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN, FIAT IS NOT INNOVATIVE I mean to say Indian mechs are really good at solving the probs very in-expensive I like that thing

Mod Note: Please do not type with too dots ....... It makes the reading unpleasant. Kindly refer to the TFI rules here - http://teamfiat.com/threads/tfi-rules.9288/
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    Rohan, limraj, VIJENDRA SINGH and 4 others like this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    AFA Indian driving conditions are concerned, I agree with @RCP , on Fiat vs BMW, I too come across a BMW sedan on my Highway route. Concerned BMW driver can't demonstrate the performance chractistics there as every 5 km we come across a WIP board , diversion & speed breakers or a road crossing for U turns & pedestrians.
    And no wonder, any car with good GC overtakes the BMW there. In case of BMW, it is not defeat there but it must be a painful situation for a enthusiastic driver whenever its underbody scrapes despite slowing down to dead slow speeds.

Good to know that Avventura owners are reporting that the rattle issue is getting solved.
    BTW, I got a call from Fiat showroom , stating that after latest discount scheme Linea MJD Emotion would cost me 9.65 L vs Avventura @9. 38 L .

If after next TD, if I find that the rattle issue of TD car is solved, I am likely to go for Avventura. Mean while I request Pune tfians to post updates on TD experience wrt rattle issue if they happen to take a TD.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

The power/torque-to weight +ride+handling+GC+steering+braking equation (trade-offs and all) of an A3, A4, A-class, B-class, old C-class, old 3 series, Mini Cooper (S) is not much better, IF AT ALL, than your and my t-jet or a 90hp Punto(Evo)/Avventura or a car like the Ford Fiesta. Those cars are, in the Indian road and traffic context, and in the prevalent automotive culture here, just show ponies, status badges, worn like jewelry rather than driven or riden in. The A4 can't quite match the handling and steering prowess of a Linea or Punto or Fiesta, the 3 series and c class have properly AWFUL ride, and so on. And so yeah, it is very likely that a t-jet or Punto or Fiesta or Polo GT driver can comfortably outrun, in Indian conditions, these brands.

That is just the calling of Fiats, Fords, Renaults, VW-s and Abarths et al: to provide D- and E-segment-quality speedy-drive-ride-refinement engineering (not counting soft touch plastics, gizmo-s and MMI screens here) at B- or C-segment prices. That is what the European mass-market firms are known for.

Which is why I just hope the all-new Fiats (2016/17) will not be mimicries of Hyundai-s and Suzuki-s and Honda-s: kind of a 'if you can't beat them, join them' tough-lesson learnt from the sales figures over the years in India.

VW tried doing that with the terribly limp/diluted Polo and Vento when they launched, complete with squishy suspensions, terrible EPS, too-thin build, and huge and loud advertising. They still flopped, and have only recently tried to return to that calling with their TSi+DSG+better suspension design etc, with no worse success/failure.

That could well be the end result, i fear, of all the hand-wringing within Fiat and among current Fiat owners/fans about the great 'mystery of the missing sales surge'! :(;):cool:
    hi_hitendrapatil and Tornado like this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP

Also, let me know, 1 L km /4 years down the line, which car amongst Avventura emotion with OE alloys (9. 38 L, OTR ) & 2014 ford fiesta Trends (10 L OTR + 30 k for alloys, +40 k for extra servicings) for will have better resale value?
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The Fiesta, now, still, despite the new front styling has sold next to none at all, so I'd say the Avventura will fare better on the 'resale' question, as also the maintanence cost one. Though: given that the Fiesta is notably more expensive, and given the brilliant warranty on offer by Fiat and equal or better spares prices (as per the recent comprehensive spare parts costs survey), the Avventura would seem to be the better choice, resale being better OR worse.
    hi_hitendrapatil and Tornado like this.
  9. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @RCP : The tape was fixed to make sure the rattling goes off completely, the basic fix involved adjusting the play of screws on top of mechanism.

Coming back to extended warranty, my certificate mentions it as 2 Years/100000 KMS. Is it additional 100K over and above 3Year/100k or total 100K? Can someone please clarify.
  10. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    On enquiry with Sky Moto folks, got to know that EW on Avvy is 5 yrs/ 200K kms whichever is earlier.
    tattoo, hi_hitendrapatil and prabhjot like this.