1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : i agree with @praveen subramanian , my rattling issue was also resolved by A.S.S. after much labor into fixing the latch play. Interestingly, what resolved it was some tape on the locking mechanism, will take a pic and post it today. Also, Bronzo tan is THE color for AVventura (although i had to buy white for personal reasons :arghh:).

@Ichimaru : Fiesta steering is best of both worlds, EPS with Hydraulic like Feel. It weighs up nicely at high speeds but again that's my personal opinion. Also, i m in agreement with tjet, it's the best car in this segment ( My running didn't warrant a petrol hence had to keep it out of contention)

@prabhjot : Agree with In gear acceleration, it's too good in my Avventura. Where Fiesta scores over Avvy is it's low end response and lesser gear shifts in city.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 13, 2014 ---
    @praveen subramanian : Can you clarify your extended warranty duration?
    prabhjot and rishike007 like this.
  2. tattoo

tattoo Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Rahul Singh, I checked my extended warranty invoice/documents. It is indeed 2 year or 1 lac km after standard manufacturer warranty. That makes it 5yr/2 lac km overall. I am not sure why it is different than linea/punto. My dealer said only for avventura they are offering this. If you want I can send you copy of the document.

Can you please upload the pics of how spare wheel rattling issue is fixed for your car?

@All I was very concerned about the rattling issue before buying the vehicle, I discussed about the same with sales person at skymoto. He was honest in telling me first batch of vehicles coming out of factory had some problem and its fixed now. Since spare wheel is not directly mounted on rear, this mechanism is supposed to be sturdy. I have 350 km on odo and have not seen this so far. I will update if I face this.:pompus:
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    So what happens to those who bought the first batch?
  4. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Had a test drive of the Avvy today evening at Kakinada, AP, courtesy Mr. Somu, Proprietor, Popular Automobiles and A.V. Motors, Hyderabad.

The drive was good on the pot holes and vehicle was stable all through. I felt the interiors good but was a bit disappointed with light coloured fabric on the dash which looks soiled. Compared to the 2009 GP Epack+ the new Avvy was more silent and more refined.

Had the chance of meeting a die hard fiat fan who inherited from his father. It was quite a surprise to see this gentleman, @srinivaschandalada who was present at Popular Automobiles.

His earlier possessions were Fiat Uno (First customer to own) clocked 2.5 lac kms before owning Palio which had done around 1.5 lac kms. He currently owns 2010 GP Emotion clocked 57k (approx) and had recently bought Avventura apart from Tata Indica Vista and Tata Manza (both were bought because they had Fiat engines.)

His review can be seen here. http://teamfiat.com/threads/my-pearl-white-avvey.13434/

I and my friends had gained information from his vast knowledge he has on fiat cars. We had been invited to his home to see the pearl white Avvy. White looks really good.

Thank you @srinivaschandalada for your time and sharing your ownership experiences.

The rattling sound at the hatch/spare wheel was making noise else the car was quite.

Overall, Avvy is awesome and my friend is finalizing the deal.
  5. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    @nbvcrao very coincidental! I took a test drive yesterday too! But I took mine in BLR. I agree on all points, the drive is really sorted and all the good points about the Punto are still there. It sits a little higher and you can feel that too. I didn't feel too bad about the interiors though. Overall, I really enjoyed the experience.

One thing I did feel is that city traffic might be a bother. It doesn't just get up and go - if you want to suddenly accelerate out of a tight spot. The wheel-well's space has gone to waste too. We could've used that to increase the storage space. And the big deal is, of course, the ~2ft extra that you've to keep, in case you want to use the boot. With us operating the boot at the entrance of every public place, I can see how that can be an issue - the car to your rear is guaranteed to be well up your backside in such situations, since most people drive exactly like how they queue up for tickets at the railway station. ;)

With all of this, at least in BLR, I find it very hard to justify the 10L+ price on-road in BLR. That's just a lot of money, for what is essentially, a hatch with better ground clearance. Even if it's a very well-sorted hatch. The Linea is around the same price and selling the Avventura at home (read rest of the family) at that price is an uphill task - to say the least!
    prabhjot and nbvcrao like this.
  6. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @rainy

rightly said about wheel well space and the opening of the boot particularly at tight spots.

I think the tools placed in the wheel well can be removed and luggage can be placed. But the flap will go out of shape. It should have been designed keeping in mind the storage of luggage.

the price between the New Linea and Avvy worked out to be 38k. I personally felt Linea to be a good buy.

Did you notice any hatch rattling noise?
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    No, the car was pretty quite. I didn't notice any rattling per se.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @rainy The relevant comaparison is with the Ecosport on the one hand, and the other so-called 'cross' hatches. The Avventura diesel trumps the former for value and quality of plastics, lamp assemblies, ride-handling-steering, i feel: it is up to a lakh cheaper, version-for-version?

And is all-told great value, and a proper crossover (which are all just hatchbacks with bigger tyres and higher GC: including an Audi Q3/5 or a BMW X3/5 or even arguably an Evoque! ;-)) compared to the Cross Etios and Polo.

But yeah, I do see the point about the Linea being suddenly the compelling Fiat to buy. But that's what we in India do, don't we?, myself being a culprit too: we cross-shop wildly between body-types and styles! The new Linea couldn't be more different in design philosophy from the Avventura, one stately and kind of premium/classy, the other young, venturesome and....more hot-expressive-'Italian'.

Update us on how your decision pans out, will ya?

cheers
  9. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad

Overtaken a BMW......He later spoke to me in Vijayawada.....I suggested him T-jet....he is also looking to buy a punto as a back up car....he said that he also had prius, and told me that it was too light..
    he was shocked that a 1.3 - 75 hp car can give a tough fight to a BMW..My only rule is: U blink, and I will glide through the gaps with that steering:D
    limraj, kk27, nbvcrao and 1 other person like this.
  10. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    The video is private....:eek::(