1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I think Avventura Mjd

@Tornado if you are considering the lag then please consider the weight if the car also.
  2. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @tattoo : I checked with dealer and the said it is total 150000 KMS or 5 years whichever is earlier(1 lac in 3 years and other 50K in extended period). Even Fiat CC confirmed the same thing.

Request other Avventura owners to confirm this .
  3. tattoo

tattoo Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    First time the customer care also replied me same thing 150,000kms/5years. Then I told him about the dealer's quote then customer care asked me about my location/dealer and then informed me that for Pune it is 5years/2 lac km. I am also not sure why it is.

@Tornado : I see you mentioned about 2 lac/5years and you are also from pune. Do you have any update that its for only pune location as such ?
  4. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    Extremely disappointed to see only 600 odd evo+avventura selling in whole of November. THis is worse than this year's punto/evo monthly average. This is pretty disappointing. What is worse is to see an uncompromisingly comprosmised i20 elite selling 10K. Is there any justice in this world?
    Tornado and adisrini1103 like this.
  5. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Fiesta used to be the (2ND) best driver's car when it had a Hydraulic Power Steering. No More!
    Tjet for me is the best driver's car in India this side of 12L.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado I'd say go for the Avventura over the Linea mjd, unless you prefer the latter's more stately, less hot-Italian looks, and you often need the BIG! boot.

The Fiesta diesel's not as good in its in-gear, mid-range punch as the Linea mjd, but it is somewhat better in low gears in city traffic. It is the much smaller and lighter car, remember. And its does have a weirdly narrow track-for-its-length, a butt-ugly rear-end, a dashboard that tries far too hard to be trendy and sporty and has really nasty looking hard shiny silver plastic all over. Lower GC, too, though that adds to the 'sporty driving' feel, i guess. At least these were the reasons I chose recently to get the new Linea t-jet over the pre-facelift Fiesta (aside from a Fiat pre-disposition, that is!)

Interestingly, given that the Fiesta and Ecosport are similar enough in weight: in the Autocar print edition comparo test between the Avventura the Ecosport recently (NOT the video comparo!) the following figures stand out, and bring out why the mjd is the better of the two diesels. The Ecosport was a mere 0.3 seconds quicker from 0 to 60, but in-gear (which is what matters in your case, given what you've said about your overtaking needs) the Avventura DEMOLISHES it: a full 2 seconds quicker from 20 to 80, a full 4 seconds quicker from 40 to 100 kph. Moral? The mjd when on the turbo boil is still the champ!:cool:

If I had a vote then: Avventura. :)
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @rishike007 , @prabhjot ,
    Thanks bros, for the objective & experience based explanation . I agree with you.
    My only grouse against Avventura is the rattle from spare wheel cap & probably rear seat hinges. If dealers can't fix them on TD car, then what's the fate for owners?

Moreover I found this rattle on TD cars of two different dealers and during all four TD s. Also, to my surprise, explanation given by both SE s was same that they had some loose luggage for Avventura promotion events which was rattling in the boot. And, to my horror, when I opened the boot after their explanation, it was empty :sour:. Not to my surprise , though both these dealers posses my phone no. I was never invited to attend these so called events .

Now, my family is strictly against booking it unless this rattle issue is declared as settled matter by its owners across internet.So, pendulum now shifts towards Linea & Fiesta 2014.

OFF TOPIC : Ford fiesta brochure , mentions every tech specs but has forgotten to mention the GC!

BTW ,I checked Bronzo tan Avventura today. IMHO, B tan & Orange colors are signature colors of Avventura. They go well & complement
    the brown leather inside and orange coloured ambient & mid lights.
    On the conrty to famous color complementaion & matching theory (We usually do not wear black/grey shoes, belt or tie on the brown shirt & trousers), brown body and the matte black finished claddings and some part of bumper, grey of the headlamps, alloys, and roof rails does suit well with each other.

Also, orange body looks suitable with the matt black cladding , grills spare wheel cap , grey of alloys and roof rails.

The minimal grey colour matches of the body suits or matches well with the black cladding the grill and grey of
    the Alloys.

VocalWhite, HHblack & minimal grey are the colors seen on almost all fiat models eg. PEvo, Avventura, hence it difficult for our lay friends who are likely to mistake a Avventura for a P EVO.

20141212_195236.jpg

20141212_195230.jpg

20141212_195156.jpg

20141212_193234.jpg
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado

From what I've been able to understand:

(a) the rear tyre cover does not rattle if the correct procedure/sequence for fixing its latches is followed
    (b) i suspect we would've heard from the Avventura owners here if there were rattles, check with them via pm
    (c) TD vehicles are the last ones with which to judge such matters, since the rear tyre cover would've been hastily removed and re-fixed WAY/SO many more often than any real owner would.
    (d) maybe an empty tyre cover rattles while one with a tyre would not?

cheers
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry for back to back posts, from mobile version of the website, there is some typing and uploading problem hence posting some pics from tapatalk. 523aeef93f1d4c7e791985730cfcf58f.jpg 7683ef81602e70cdd8bc79fce95940de.jpg d0986a7d8ea3e79a1578966689c125d4.jpg fc494374cf4793adc4de8dd34d62b84a.jpg 366e177776bfc0ef7ac2cd6e27624ce8.jpg df7d6e611b66d139f480347330077c8b.jpg d38e14dd6ec350ad7d519ebdd29e31ff.jpg The faint soft touch grey part of the dash does look out of sync with bronzo tan.

bd6d9c669ad123b17c24f4c2e9219cb8.jpg 4b6139ef6191bbea6dbe9a2ff00ef9eb.jpg 269accad3f5133516a3e600b22edf43b.jpg 37996396558e0f0d3279bb0ea192ad87.jpg 03be36c906f39aab420f23bde6d99ee3.jpg
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  10. praveen subramanian

praveen subramanian Timido

bangalore
    bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    guys, Even i faced the rattling issue which was very irritating. I took it to the service team and thry have fixed the issue. It took close to 1 hr to fix it but now there is absolutely no sound inside... trust at time I feel as though the spare tyre is not there...

did ppl frm Bangalore get the invite to the family event next week in confident cascade
    prabhjot and rishike007 like this.