1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Avventura would be better as indicated by many that the gear ratio is better in Avventura than Linea. For highway, Linea will have an edge.
    dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  2. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : The answer to your question is both require getting used to because of low end response, however, Avventura is better than Linea in terms of city driving but still not in the league of say VW's GT twins.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @ Rahul Singh, Thanks for the enlightenment . AFA vw is concerned it is equally faster when it comes to spending on non routine ASS! IMO.

Today I took TD of Avventura Mjd on same Highway & Ghat section on which I TD the Linea and experience was similar to what's described by you.

I felt avventura engine response more peppy than than the Linea. My biggest concern about my outgoing Manza was the turbolag & time spent in downshifting while overtaking the trucks.
    I also TD the ford ES diesel today & felt that ES is bit faster than Avventura while taking off from standstill but when it comes to overtaking trucks from a speed of 40 to 70 /80 kmph, both are equally quick(correct me if I am wrong) though they can't beat 2014 Fiesta on these fronts.
    Looking at price similarities between Linea 2014 Mjd Dynamic(958000, OTR after discounts ) & Avventura Mjd Emotion (938000, OTR) I was inclined towards Linea but since todays TD, I am feeling like booking Avventura Emotion.
    Looking at my requirement of 'overtaking trucks quickly', do you feel Avventura is enough or I should go for ford fiesta 2014(Trend model Rs 9, 99000 OTR after discounts) ?

Only negative points felt during my TD of Avventura was that there was occasional rattle (as if a standing spoon falls down in a metal vessel gently) most probably from the cover of the spare wheel. Has any one felt it? Similar sounds were heard by me during my two earlier TD s.

Also, I felt that the rear seat hinges were making some rattling sounds occasionally while passing over the potholes.And these rattles made me think of Linea 2014 and Fiesta 2014.

Basically, I am in the market for a Rs 10 L car which is a driver's pleasure, should not be a problem while overtaking trucks and should have good GC (not necessarily highest) while passing over all kinds of made in India speed breakers and medium cost of ASS.
    On big speed breakers with full load in the car, I found that the Fiesta is at disadvantage but felt that this problem can be fixed with the aftermarket Urathane cushions(Rs 10 k)

I would be happy with any car which serves these purposes irrespective of segment it belongs. Friends, at present, I am passing sleepless nights and help me choosing a proper sleeping pill!

Few more questions :
    What are the common known pocket troubling expenses faced by Mjd (Linea /punto /Avventura) owners in past few years which are covered by Fiat's famous warranty ?

I learnt from the SC that Avventura comes with 5 years /2L km warranty, is it true?

@Avventura owners on this forum, What are catches or tricky points you mentioned in this 5 years warranty booklet?

What is the cost of bicycle fixing rack /stand which is shown in the avventura advt.?
  4. Rohan

Rohan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Avventura is a very capable package when it comes to it's uniqueness and use ability. My vote goes for the Avventura.:)

Coming to the bicycle rack/stand, it costs around 22K INR. Quite expensive IMO but even more exciting than the price.:p:D
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I would suggest to go for Linea MJD as it will help you with its big boot capacity for luggage whenever you have carry some.
    would also suggest to go for the emotion for 16'' wheels with 205/55/R16 tyres for the better grip and handling also you will be amazed by the quality of Italian leather seats which come along with emotion, for such quality i think in after market one has to spend 25-30k easily.
  6. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    One of the reasons why Vento/Polo was excluded from my purchase. The service costs are on higher side for VW.

If i was in your seat, i would have purchased New Fiesta. However, in Trend version you will lose on few goodies like MID, Rear Air Con Vents, Fog Lamps, Alloy Wheels (I personally love the alloy design on Fiesta). You will have cruise control and an awesome chassis mated to a capable engine! The NVH levels are excellent and the Aero Package aids to the FE as claimed by Ford.

Fiesta, however is a sales dud, not even Ford people are interested in selling it. But it still remains one of the best Driver's car in it's class.

I would suggest you to take a back to back test drive of Avventura and Fiesta. My gut feeling says you will go with Fiesta after TD without even thinking twice, provided you are ok with a slow moving model (Sales are less than Linea/Punto).
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 12, 2014 ---
    The standard warranty is 3 Years/1 Lac KMS and extended warranty (at 11k odd) is another 2 years 50k KMS. The warranty claims are hassle free in FIAT.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  7. tattoo

tattoo Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I had zeroed down on fiesta, but I had to take a hard decision of rejecting it for its low ground clearance (about 156mm i think) which was not suitable for my need. Another turn off is the leg room for second row. Please keep in mind about these constraint otherwise Fiesta is one of the best looking sedan which meets the performance as well.

I am given a 3years-1lac km, standard + 2 years-1 lacs KM extended warranty. That makes 5 year, 2 lacs KMs warranty on Avventura.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Ok, i may be wrong on the extended warranty duration, need to check it out, thanks for pointing out @tattoo.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rahul,it's '5 yrs or 1,50,000 km whichever is earlier' in extended form.
  10. tattoo

tattoo Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @sandipan_r15 : I got confused by this. I had specifically cleared this fact (repeatedly) with dealer. Today I again called the dealer and Fiat customer care (02067283500). It is indeed 5 years and 2 lac KM. for my vehicle.