1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://overdrive.in/od-videos/2014-new-fiat-avventura-road-test-review-india/hIzEzceni72Krao/1/

Overdrive's belated video review of the Avventura. They posted it on the 21st, but it is still not on their youtube channel, neither is it on their homepage: you have to hunt under 'videos'. They did a similar thing with the Evo video review: reviewed it fairly enough and then hid the review so that it never came up prominently on google searches or on their youtube channel. Their Nov print issue did not have a review of the Avventura in it either, even though they were shown and they drove the car as early as Autocar, as early as Aug 30th.

We've already seen how Autocar played both sides of the Avventura v/s Ecosport question.

Like the rest of the media: these car mags are just hacks, and corrupt to boot! :sour: Mostly paid PR and marketing than analysis or knowledgeable critical appraisal.

The internet has its pathologies, but i'd rather go with 'crowdsourced' amateur-genrated information than rely on such 'professionals'.

Not that the review is unfair or incompetent, not that overdrive mag counts for much in print or on tv, but still: trying to damn through neglect, by speaking all too inaudibly, 'killing softly'!

Fiat will have to 'manage' this bunch better in future?!
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I have seen Avventura on tests at my native place near Fiat Factory, there used to be 4 - 5 Avvys in a queue and all the drivers pushing it to the limits may be bad roads, ghat/hilly sections, highways. and were almost disappearing in front of my Verna or Linea.
    Never tried to chase them by risking my and others life on the roads :);)
    sandipan_r15 and tattoo like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry for OT,
    During my last weekend mangalore trip, i almost was neck to neck with Verna in the Ghat. Was surprised that the GP did so well in those turns and on par with Verna. :)
    dadasaheb likes this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GP 90HP 'on par' with a Verna, that too on a twisty road is a clear understatement Zen:D
    cassini and aramico like this.
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @zenwalker Punto will be anyday be better than Verna on twisties. The dynamics of Punto can only be matched or beaten by a Linea or Ford Fiesta. Nothing esle comes close. Verna will no doubt beat Punto in straights and drag day in and day out but it cant hold a candle to Punto on twisties.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    hahaha lol
    but one thing i must say that the verna was able to have an initial quick pickup or boost, and i guess its the higher capacity engine and a better GB.
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @zenwalker I am not refuting the fact that the Hyundai's have more powerful engines. Even the i20 will beat Punto/Linea in a drag race or 0 to 100 timings. But what is the use of the power if all of it can not be used. The chassis and suspension set up of The Hyundai's can not complement the engine. But with Fiats you can not only use all the power of from the puny engines but I guess most Fiats can take engines from a segment higher and still shine as far as driving dynamics are concerned. Hyundais will beat most Fiats till 130s. After that it will take a real good driver to beat Fiats. I have done 170 on my Punto before the road ran out. I know my car still had legs to go till 190. I know people who havdone 200 on TJET. I don't think the same can be said of Verna's or I20s. Once Fiat India gets the 1.5/1.6 mjds our Puntos and Line as are going to put the competition to dust as far as high speed dynamics are concerned. The only weak link of current Fiats is the 1.3 MJDs. Its a great engine no doubt as other manufactures have showed by proper tuning. But the sheer weights of the Fiats makes this engine a slouch. Come Fiat get us the latest MJDs.
    cassini and zenwalker like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Data from the Autocar Avventura v/s Ecosport print edition comparo (NOT the hackery of the video one by that good ma'am):

0 to 40: Equal
    0 to 60: Ecosport quicker by just 0.5 secs
    20 to 80: Avventura quicker by no less than 1.8 secs!
    40 to 100: Avventura quicker by as much as 4 secs!

Now: who says either the Avventura or the Evo need, cannot do without the 1.6 mjd? ;-) The Linea, yes but if one knows how to drive in resonance with the 1.3 mjd's character on the Avventura and the Punto ...it's still got the measure of all its competition, no? ;-)
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    My friend's Avventura is getting delivered tomorrow, perhaps the first in Haryana!
    Its a Diesel Emotion in Orange color. As per the dealer, the interest for Avventura is pretty high as compared to other FIAT vehicles. However, the Evo also sells about 20-25 cars per month while the Linea sells about 1-2 :( !

We have negotiated for Free Mats, Reverse Parking Sensors, RSA, Zero Dep part of the Insurance and car cover. I think its a good deal for a newly launched car.
    I hope his FIAT serves him well.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is a surprising factor! With higher displacement and less turbo lag, expected Eco to outperform MJD in this segment. But, it really shows if tuned intelligently + mated to a better gear box, 1.3 MJD is still unbeatable!
    prabhjot likes this.