1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Thank you Krishna, Ravi, Kartik and Puntom for the fantastic review! The video review was the icing on the cake! Avventura surely looks like a well rounded package
    nkrishnap likes this.
  2. drjake

drjake Timido

Cochin
    Guys, that is a Commedable job done in showcasing the product avventura - though the earlier reports didn't look all that good, the review presented here really puts things in perspective, especially the better ground clearance, the tuning of the engine that is specifically planned for this cross over model, the better interiors and the claddings and roof rails which are not just there to provide the show but rather to also function better. Those short video clips - apparently taken in a hurry without much equipments at hand, provides the reader the confidence that this vehicle could deliver the purpose that it is meant to. the comparison with Ecosport is also something that is to be specially appreciated as well. Good luck FIAT
    nkrishnap likes this.
  3. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great work Krishna and team ... Nice illustration and videos
    What about the leg space and dimensions ? Do avventura have more rear leg space and headroom when compared to Evo ?
    nkrishnap likes this.
  4. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    As the famous saying goes, "Bad roads lead to Beautiful destinations"
    The car is capable of treading tough terrain and reaching some beautiful destinations.
    But after we go there...we have to enjoy the landscapes isn't it?
    The picture below shows exactly how an Avventura guy would enjoy the views :)

DSC_0448.jpg
  5. savio9923

savio9923 Timido

Delhi
    Awesome work guys. Great review. This is the best review I have read about the Avventura. Great job by Fiat to launch the car first in India.
    nkrishnap likes this.
  6. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    Fantastic review! I always loved Avventura since its display at the Auto show, and now from your reviews, it looks like a very capable machine, just like every Fiat has been so far. Avventura has always looked special, and I hope this can become a game changer for Fiat.
    Dr Nitin Dutta and nkrishnap like this.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The interiors space has not changed from the EVO. The differences to EVO are already mentioned, the interior color theme, dashboard color combination, door pads, seat fabric with leather inserts. The seats are firmer than the EVO.
    sakartechin likes this.
  8. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Why no Enotion variant in petrol? Is this confimed or just rumour?
    I was looking forward to replace my Punto with Avventura.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    T-Jet is just an rumor as of now. Emotion variant is not available in Petrol is confirmed.
    But 1.4 FIRE itself is a decent engine, you can test drive it. And the maintaining 1.4 is much cheaper than others.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is evident that the car has got quite a few things going right for it.

The challenge now really lies in taking it to the customer. If FIAT is targeting the Ecosport segment (which I understand they are) then they have their task completely cut out. They will have to come out with a focused, well designed and articulated marketing campaign. Just videos of a car moving around with a voice + music in the backgroud is not going to help. Killer pricing is an imperative.

As things stand no other product in the market is going to feel threatened. It's up to FIAT to make them feel threatened.

When you effectively showcase your product to a million people, a few thousand consider, a few hundred short list it and a handful end up buying it. But if you showcase it only to a thousand then the end result is FIAT's current state of affairs in the showroom. 5 sales people and 1 customer.

Buckle Up FIAT. You have ticked most boxes right in this product. Now your marketing better do it's job !!
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 20, 2014 ---
    It's confirmed. I too disagree with this stupid positioning. When petrol market is picking up again and diesel has been de-regulated it is the perfect time to introduce the petrol line up. I won't buy the 1.4 at all. Not because of the engine (the engine is pretty darn good mind you!). But because I don't want a car with no safety features.
    GirishRaghu, prabhjot, J Ravi and 5 others like this.