1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Oh! Then it makes all the sense in the world. FIAT not offering a top end petrol is a huge mistake, specially considering that the gap between diesel and petrol is diminishing and that their petrol TJET is the best engine they have.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip You misunderstood what I said. I was referring as much to the highly sorted handling, steering and braking synthesis of Fiats and to a lesser degree the VW Polo and Vento as much as and together with a tough build of chassis members/crumple zone/skin.

I believe an ABS and airbag laden Japanese or Korean (Indian model) car with decidedly unsorted handling, skinny tyres, weakish braking, poor road-holding and weightless/feelless steering is, to me, worse safety-wise than a car like a Fiat that has sorted basic engineering because it is likelier to get into/cause trouble esp at higher speeds and when there are emergency maneouvers. i.e., this 'safety feature' stuff is, while not a placebo, certainly a way for all of us missing the woods for the trees.

We should be focussed more on ensuring the probability of accidents are reduced rather than obsessing (hypocritically: non sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali! You cannot drive fast and loose on poor handling/braking cars and then reasonably expect airbags to save your skin!) over safety 'features' when an accident actually happens. More than 85% of fatalities on our roads are caused by cars/buses and trucks but are of pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists!

Our roads are mostly unsafe NOT because cars have zero NCAP ratings but because of ungoverned traffic conditions, untrained, lawless, incivil and self-indulgent drivers and too many cars that simply do not have the chassis, suspension and braking/steering/tyres that are upto the task of SAFELY managing the power/torque and speeds most engines in the Indian mass market are capable of.

None of the above means ABS and airbags will not save lives: but i believe that, statistically in India, it will be ON THE MARGIN.

Also, a tough build is no option as long as one has 'safety features': it should, alongwith tyre width etc be made as compulsory as say airbags! After all one wants cars that are affordably repairable and insurable when there are accidents, and not just cars that martyr themselves at great/exorbitant expense in the process of saving their occupants.
  3. abhinav_nani

abhinav_nani Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Pearl White Avventura was on Display at Ramkay Fiat, Velachery Chennai.
    Looks Fabulous :) IMAG0042.jpg IMAG0043.jpg IMAG0049.jpg IMAG0050.jpg
    Tornado, me_at_fiat, prabhjot and 8 others like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Myself and @vayfiat on saturday did saw a guy driving the new Avvy in white. It definitely did not look outstanding in the crowd of other cars. We felt like a cab is being driven due to this color, whereas the Orange or the bronzo tan really makes this car outstanding. :)
    vayfiat likes this.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Saw review video of autocar just now:

Totally biased review. SHE praises Avventura and then Boost upon Ecosport for some or the other reason. Avventura seat is high and same is a drawback while Ecosport seat is high and feel like Suv what rubbish!

Avventura is good and cornering and handling but Ecosport being not doesn't feel insecure.

Avventura seat length is high means more under thigh support now that is a drawback for her despite being long legs. And Ecosport being short at length feels roomy.

I have seen their review for Linea that was very unbiased but here for Avventura its feels totally biased towards Ecosport.

From front Avventura looks shy little girl lolz check out the name.

I must say people should judge themselves and don't take these reviews as final verdict.
    vayfiat and ASNM like this.
  6. ASNM

ASNM Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Chevrolet launched Spin Activ crossover in Brazil with external spare wheel mounted on a swing arm similar to Avventura.
    Source: IAB

Sipn Boot & Spare Wheel.jpg
    Tornado, acechip, vayfiat and 2 others like this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    After taking a TD on Saturday of avventura, got a follow-up call today morning from the vecto guys. Glad that they are improving.
    vayfiat, Ichimaru and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  8. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday Got a Chance to TDed Avventura. I a lucky to have TDed both Petrol and Diesel variant same day back to back. Taken a TD on my daily commute root.

My observations are as mention below.

1. Seating Position is very much commanding. All around view is very good.
    2. Gear shifting has improved compare to my 75 HP 2014 Model.
    3. In Diesel the low end torque with linear increment is good compare to my ride . I feel good for a city driving.
    4. Bit faster from my 75 HP from start block in 1st and 2nd gear, but felt in 3rd gear response to throttle is bit less initially. But initial roll-on speed compensate for the same. Petrol variant is dead in 1st and 2nd Gears but once reaches to 3rd it start responding to throttle.
    5. Steering in Petrol version is very light compare to Diesel version. Asked Sales guys response got diesel is heavier then petrol that's why. I am not convinced with his answer.
    6. Ride quality is stiff at low speed compare to my 75 HP but once reach to high speed it just increasing drastically. You feel like guiding over any surface. minimal body roll compare to my 75 HP.
    7. did some 1 KM of offroading trust me guys the machine glides on pot holes like nobodies business. Just Loved it.
    8. Only bad part of the TDed is both the vehicle in very shabby state.
    9. The response of KHT Fiat Caffe guys are not welcoming. It is like they do not care about the business. I told them I am looking for one more car in Gujarat hence doing TD here. Still no interest shown in explaining the vehicle features.

Now the questions

1. Would i buy Avventura if it is my first vehicle? -- Yes
    2. Will i upgrade to Avventura? -- No as my ride is only 1 year / 22K Km old. Still we need to go long way.
    3. If you i have option to buy new car for wife? -- Yes, She loved it over my current 75HP (May happen end of next year)
  9. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Why did you have high expectations from her??! :D I never liked her reviews. Illogical, always. She should rather say that she likes Ecosport for unknown reasons.
    Tornado likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Autocar has played both sides, haven't they? I have to say the news media are going from bad to corrupt real fast, if they aren't there already, and Autocar isn't even the worst, not by a distance. Have you noticed how NONE of the other automags have bothered to so much as quick-review it in their current issues? Not coincidental, now, not at all!