1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Drive4freedom

Drive4freedom Novizio

Bangalore
    Screenshot from 2014-11-16 00:07:54.png
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    He needs to be told: you are better off/safer in a solid, tough Evo or Avventura, with its build, and accurate controlled handling, steering, braking and big tyres than on an East Asian tin can with ABS and airbags galore. The statistical probability of casualties on a tough built car with sorted dynamics and steering-braking engineering are a damn sight better than mere add-on 'safety features'. In my book, at least.

All over the world Volvo owners pay far less for insurance than their German competitors, even though the latter have for many many years now been offering as many or more 'safety features'. Insurance companies are the least foolish people around, basing as they do their business on big data analysis/actuarial statistics.

Fiat is the Volvo of the Indian mass market. Except that that accolade will now go to VW, who can afford to get away with premium pricing for their ostensibly hot/powerful, and ostensibly safe sub-10 lakh hatchback/sedan.

Fiat should, as they have finally started to do in their marketing, emphasize their build, handling, steering, braking and tyre qualities, rather than try and play this 'safety feature' game, which will soon be joined in by even the original sinners Maruti, Honda and Hyundai who'll soon be charging loads of extra bucks for the ostensible safety of added airbags/ABS/ESP on their dangerously under-engineered cars.
  3. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I completely agree with the post.

After driving Emotion Pack Punto for 5 years, I was looking forward to the new car from Fiat. They disappointed me with no Emotion variant in petrol.

Went and booked a new Polo and getting delivery next week.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I prebooked AVVENTURA but has cancelled it for the time being(due to some financial constraints right now).No,I will not buy some other car because no car in this price bracket could give me the bad road capability(205mm GC+Robust shocks+Super strong built quality)like AVVENTURA does--my take.And that will be potent enough to fullfill my touring aspirations with aplomb.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    vayfiat, Rohan, nbvcrao and 3 others like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Don't say we didn't alert you to the inevitable regret you will have in say a year from now! ;-)
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Time will Tell :) Btw Congrats on your new possession
  7. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Its a personal decision and congrats for that; but I think the Avventura is a huge upgrade over a 5 year old GP. I could have understand if you had booked the Ecosport but I really see no reason to buy a Polo over Avvy. The car barely has any space and running/maintenance costs are very high.

Anyway, all the best with your new car. :)
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I want a petrol car only. I was really looking forward to Avventura.

I hope what you said will come true. I mean I hope Fiat will come up with a new petrol vehicle in the next one year and I can come back to Fiat.

I'm a huge Fiat fan and inspired / pushed / forced at least 6-8 of my friends to buy Punto/Linea in the last 5 years. And all of them are happy and thank me always.
    I bought one of the first batch Puntos and really love it. Now it is five and half years old and I was looking for a replacement and Avventura launch made me wait without looking any other car. People like me who bought the first generation Punto are looking for a car to replace it - it is 5+ years and the right time for Fiat to give us another car. But they had other plans and decided people who like petrol cars don't deserve Emotion variant.
    I am not going to sell my Punto, I will keep that. I really believe Fiat will do something in next 1 year to get me back to buy a new Fiat car. :)
    cassini and GirishRaghu like this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

I am going to have to completely disagree with this one, as much as I love Fiat's build quality. To say that a tough build is a substitute for abs/airbags would be deluding oneself and questioning the scientific basis of those inventions. Look at this video where a tank-like pre-Airbags Volvo 940 is nearly obliterated by a smaller, lighter and more modern Renault Modus.

It would suffice to say that strong build quality is a necessary but not sufficient condition for higher levels of occupant safety in crashes.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Agree 100% acechip about the safety aspects and can't blame johnyboy to look elsewhere at some other brand. Not giving AIRBAG and ABS is bad decision. Unless they want to force diesel Avventuras or maybe bring out Avventura Tjet in near future, in which case the other petrol buying guys might feel deceived at some level. Are they toying with the idea of full featured Tjet Avventura somehow.