1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is Avventura suspension setup is compatible with older punto?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Read post #5 of this thread (ride handling part), there are modificiations making certain spares non-interchangeable. Remains to be seen.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

Maruti akin to Bentley. Which office is this boss ? What happy & blissful folks you have! Please dont disturb their dream by showing the images of Bentley on your PC/laptop.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well not office but many a Maruti buyers perhaps in their own sweet bubble ;) and yes no intention to do that sin of bursting bubbles, who are we after-all I think. :)

Well the point Zenwalker raised is and I believe, many are never coachable on these topics or most topics if you will.
    zenwalker likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    They don't name Bentley per say but they talk so well off it that one can easily presume or be mistaken if they own an merc or a Bentley :p
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Zenwalker, got the essential meaning there. Then again most Fiatians in India and many in world are the minority community in the realm of car owners world. There must be similar sentiments about the guys making reasonable arguments for Fiat cars.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Today had been to vecto with @vayfiat to get the rear seat rattling issue resolve with the seat vendor.
    Though the issue did not got resolved completely for @vayfiat in the process we both thought lets take avventura TD.

So while I drove the car, he enjoyed in the passenger seat.

Here are my take away:
    1. Suspensions are smooth
    2. Less nvh compared to our gp
    3. Interiors are better
    4. Outer plastics are of good quality and does not even feel like etios cheap
    5. Gear shift very sooth. Felt like a MS or Hyundai GB
    6. Steering has gone smooth which I didn't like coz more stiffer in my gp is comfy for me.
    7. Lags in first or second gear is not evident as in our gp but 3rd is still present.
    8. Clutch is very smooth perhaps I had to get used to it compared to my gp.
    9. Feels like SUV when sitting inside it.
    10. Closing the boot wheel is really tricky and perhaps would be most complaining topic from then new owners
    So overall I am really happy the way fiat has improved designed and worked on many stuffs.

Vecto already got 30 bookings so far. 3 weeks if waiting time. Saw few oldies as well taking TD today. Looks like fiat hard work is paid off. Only if they work more on the service quality and dealership services and proper followups would be a better chance of going higher

Met and discussing with a tbhp member and a linea tjet owner its a myth that other service centers of other car manufactures giving or doing great job than fiat. But yes those vendors at least do a proper followup which our fiat sucks.
    prabhjot, vayfiat and sunil216 like this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Looks like its a slow but steady beginning for Avventura. But I still feel, and I suppose we all agree here, that both the Punto and the Avventura lack that something special to make it an unbeatable combination - in the form of the T-Jet/ 1.6 MJD. Fiat really needs to make that much effort to improve its sales. The need to remove the 1.4 Fire engine from the 2014 Linea was realized a tad too late.
    The Linea Classic should be dumped altogether.

In the present form of Fiat Punto/Avventura, I wont blame potential buyers for purchasing the Ecosport or the Polo TSI/TDI 1.5.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

And not to forget new i20. Fact is its selling like hot cake. In fact its launch has dented sales of new Polo too. I would have been much happier seeing more of Polos on road than this new i20 with a confused look and interior copy pasted from BMW.

Really wish Fiat adopts Tjet engine and the same marketing gimmicks like Hyundai /MS. It has proven again and again, in a maturing market its brand and marketing that people fall for and not the product.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    I would blame them for taking Ecosport Diesel :) 1.5TDci in Ecosport is just an average Joe. I had test driven it recently. Following are my takes.

1) Avvy is of strong build
    2) Avvy has got phenomenal ride & handling. Ecosport is no competition here.
    3) Style - Avvy's is a notch up compared to EcoSport which is just a mere SUVish looking crossover. So many things have got compromised due to that - average in handling/ride qualities, priced almost 2 lakhs higher, poor visibility for the driver - towards front/rear, Flimsy steering, cramped interiors - felt like there is a lack of Oxygen in the cabin (Dashboard is too high and has eaten up the interior space to achieve the butch look of SUV), pathetic headlights, no engine cover, low ground clearance, average underbody protection... it goes on.
    4) Avvy is certainly a real crossover and Ecosport is nothing different - it might just make you feel like owning an SUV.

To be frank, if I were to take my first hatch now, I would've ditched my plans to take an Evo and would've booked Avvy straight away.