1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Rahul and happy to see one more Avventura confirmed booking. Which dealer you booked it, and when is the expected delivery?

Reverse sensor or camera will be helpful. Though visibility is similar to Punto, only extra thing is spare wheel.
    But actually rear part is safer, compared to Punto. Max you can put some scratches on real wheel plastic cover (I guess that should not be a costly spare).
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Rahul Singh, just a suggestion. You will get some after market mirror that you have stick in the rear. I have seen this in SUVs. This would be helpful because if there is a hit while reversing, this would be the first to take that hit. I am not sure how this would change the look on the gorgeous car, but you can give it a try.
  3. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Ravi: Thank you very much. I have booked it with KHT Fiat, Domlur. More details to follow in a separate thread.
    Murphy_Fiat and Ravi like this.
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    I too got a chance to take a test drive of Avventura. Observations from my side:
    • Clutch seems to be super light compared to my 2012 90HP sports. When clutch pedal is depressed, after a certain point it just goes in swiftly. It feels quite nice.
    • Gear throw is superb and better than mine. Felt that it has shorter throw and quite lighter than mine.
    • Suspension is softer but behaves really well when cornering hard.
    • Felt sad after seeing the interiors - mine is like a decade old comparatively?!
    • Opening the boot felt like a PIA (as @ghodlur mentioned) - especially when I tried to open the boot lid without fully opening the spare tyre setup fully before getting it locked to the right extreme. You need to take good care of it or you might end up getting some scratches on the boot lid's corner.
    • BUT, I really liked the spare tyre setup while I took a look when walking back after completing the test drive - I was really thinking to buy this beauty. This is a superb evolution of a good solid car - it just became more stylish.
    It was all smiles. :)
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I am curious that how ARAI mileage figure of Ecosport is 22.7 kmpl and Avventura is 20.5 kmpl though following things are same.
    weight of car = + or - 50 Kg.
    power = 90 PS + 1 or 3
    gears = 5 speed
    cc = here is big diff. 1248 and 1498
    engine valves = 16 and 8
    considering all above Avvi should have 24-25 kmpl at least, reasons smaller displacement and double engine valves.
    can someone please shed some light on above aspects.
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I do not buy the ARAI figures. My Linea TJet+ delivered 18+ ARAI is beow 15 for highway figures. Same with Punto Multijet, capable of 25+ why ARAI is below the real world figures.
  7. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    My friend's Amaze used to give around 18-20 in highway while we know what Honda is claiming! :)
    limraj and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

One of my office colleagues seems to be interested in Avventura. I happen to be the resident Fiat expert (rather, auto expert) in my group. When I told them that the typical Fiat service interval is 15000km and average cost of regular service is quite low, the Honda and Hyundai owners jaws dropped. Such is the ignorance that Fiat has to contend with.I am trying to persuade this colleague, to take a look the Linea T-Jet- its not too much above the Avventura top end diesel, and with discounts kicking in, the Emotion T-Jet may be actually cheaper than the Avventura atleast in the interm! (What an irony)
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @acechip
    If an individual doesnt have a care or patience to listen then no matter what FIAT advertise they never bother to look. So its the perception of some individual who needs to change.
    In my case, there are some colleagues who are very much biased towards MS cars, for them no other car is even worthy to look at and MS cars are like Bently.
    asimpleson likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If MS cars are akin to Bently :) as is the case with many, it is indeed in our best interest not to persuade them, cause we might risk looking like fools ourselves. ;)
    vista7155 and zenwalker like this.