Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.
For a change.
Saw the avvy AD on Comedy central channel. So far its on 4 channels. Any other ?
Got an opportunity to ride the Avventura Emotion diesel variant today at Balaji Fiat Thane. The observations are purely mine and as below:
1) The car looks gorgeous. Has got a street presence, turns heads, makes people give a second look for sure (atleast in the early days). The side claddings, with Avventura written, the wheel arches etc everything added a character to the car.
2) 16 inchers alloys on the car with 205 mm GC makes the car go anywhere. I rode on a few monstrous speed breakers without down shifting to the first gear. The alloys are simply wow although I would have also loved to see the turbine ones too.
3) The engine is same as the 90 HP Punto I drove during the TD days, although I couldnt find the 90 HP lag which is so prominent in the Punto. The pick up was smooth, the gear shift still had those long travel issues making the slotting not that smooth. The sound deadening needs to be more as I could still hear the engine noise inside.
4) The ride quality was brilliant, the handling even better. Suspensions felt different from Punto, lot more softer not stiffer.
5) The Emotion diesel variant which I drove had leather and fabric seats and found to be comforting although the thigh support was as usual missing.
6) The plastic quality inside seems to be slightly improved but cant be guaranteed to be niggle free.
7) The spare wheel opening has to be with extreme caution, also the locking switch which needed to be pressed to open the spare wheel arrangement was hard to operate. Overall this arrangement is going to be a big PIA whenever approaching malls. There is a spare switch in the boot to operate the wheel arrangement in case reqd. The arrangement is prone to vibrations and will be one of the top issues to be attended by Fiat workshops in the coming days. Also the spare wheel is always seen in the rear view, kind of gets irritated.
8) Most of the genes are actually bought from the Punto, so there is no specific USP of the car when it comes to either the interiors except for the different MID.
Would I buy this car? Hell I would for the sheer looks, engine performance, street presence. Wish only for the Fiat to come up with a sure shot winner campaign to let more people know and not do the sitting on the side act waiting for people to come looking. The delivery time schedules of the already ordered one's need to be professionally adhered to, any delay to that and Fiat is back to square one.
I have joined Team Fiat recently and i am excited to be a part of exclusive Fiat community! I have booked Avventura 1.3 MJD Emotion this week. However, the car with it's limited rear visibility would definitely need some parking aid. Looking at the GC of vehicle how effective would a reverse parking camera or parking sensors would be. Inputs from community are highly appreciated.
First of all congrats for avventura!!
As per you doubt,
You can go for either of them but keep in mind that, if not going with genuine fiat accessories, do consider warranty implications.
Plus either of them won't be keeping margin for stepney. As sensors/camera will be on bumper so watch out for those.
My doubt is how come GC Will effect usability of sensors or camera?
Thanks @pabhishek. Actually i never had a reverse camera or sensor installed in any of my vehicles, hence the question. Also, i was concerned if the field of view will get affected due to higher placement of bumper on avventura, as there is no alternative location where the camera can be fitted .
On a side note, the camera/sensor is a fiat genuine accessory being provided by dealer and i have already clarified that it's not going to void the warranty. Just waiting for delivery of vehicle now!!
Congrats Rahul For Getting Avvy. Can you please share your Selection Process and Booking Experience with us in the relevant thread. Thanks in Advance
Congrats on booking the Avventura. Regarding the reverse sensors, I am of the opinion that it might not serve the purpose as putting them on rear bumper will not give accurate sensing due to spare wheel. The only alternative is a rear view camera but its position is a headache. If you ask me I would suggest to install an aftermarket rear view mirror similar to the one found in Safari/Storme or other proper SUV's. This might spoil the look but if it saves your car's rear then think about it. Ask Fiat if they can provide one for you.
My idea for you is to reduce the height of the number plate and place the middle sensor there...
@Murphy_Fiat : Sure, i will start a new thread for same soon.
@ghodlur : Thanks for the suggestion, will sure consider this option and speak to SA about this.
@adisrini1103 : Need to look into this option and evaluate if this might solve the problem.
Frankly, i don't feel the need of sensor or camera but other people in my family who may drive the vehicle are stressing on this.
by the way, i have booked a white one. Was tempted to go for Bronzo Tan but Family had enough of my experimental shades on previous vehicles . Had to bow to their demands this time round.
Separate names with a comma.