1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Ramkumar

Ramkumar Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today TOI, Bangalore edition, full page ad, on last page.

04_11_2014_020_002.jpg
    sunil216, bharath, prabhjot and 5 others like this.
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    There is T-Jet on Linea, how many are taken by enthusiasts, FIAT have launched T-Jet just for the sake of enthusiasts who were every where bashing Linea as underpowered, what is the result ?
    Just commenting on forum that we want a T-Jet in Avventura and actually buying it, there is huge gap in this.
    NO offence please, pardon me if i have hurt anyone's sentiments but this is reality on which decisions are taken.
    teky, prabhjot, Raj_pol and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ramkumar

Ramkumar Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I would attribute that to Fiat as well. Variant on variant the price of T-JET Linea is equal to the MJD Linea by means of discount.
    dadasaheb and Ichimaru like this.
  5. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I think currently in the new Linea, Tjet sales are almost as good as the diesel.
    Please also consider that when tjet was launched, it was only available in the top variants. A lot of people at that time bought the Fiesta 1.6S because of the price factor. If FIAT would have launched the tjet across all variants from the beginning, the story might have been different.

Also, personally, I think its not about being an enthusiast but the Linea should have always come with the tjet as petrol. The 1.4 NA petrol is plain simple stupid for that massive a car!
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 4, 2014 ---

They need to manufacture that engine in India to bring the cost down.
    bharath and drsantoshms like this.
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Just for the sake of assumptions, of Linea had Maruti Badge then it would have sold like any other product of Maruti if not better. There is noting wrong with the product or engine. Its the perception.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    along with MJD engine now Fiat should supply whole car to Maruti, Maruti Linea ;)
    zenwalker likes this.
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Lol that. On a serious note it would probably fail because of the lower mileage figures and hence might turn out to be a dud. A lot of folks claim to be enthusiasts but when the time comes, we end up buying the tried and tested stuff.
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Having been one of the guys who sold Linea in the early days, I personally feel it begs for more power or atleast a gear box that can actually make you feel the power of 90 horses! (Remember the 77PS City or the 68PS Fiesta)

FIAT addressed the same issue in the petrol engine, albeit late but have not yet done the same for the diesel. When one says, how many enthusiasts have bought the TJET; let me clarify we can't compare a petrol engine to a diesel. If the Linea diesel had better performance, it would have been standing in my dad's garage today. Just because one is an enthusiast, doesn't mean he/she would completely ignore economy and practicality. And enthusiast or no enthusiast, its the car that begs for more power and better gear box specially considering the kind of chassis, suspension and steering it has.

The world have moved forward. Cars with 100+ bhp deliver 23+ mileage (ARAI). This is a fact that can't be denied.

Coming back to Avventura, I believe it will atleast make more people visit FIAT showrooms and would add 300-400 cars for FIAT's monthly sales even if there is a but of cannibalization with Evo.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  10. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Sorry not being specific here, I am talking about petrol one here which now has t-jet across all variants. Diesel, yes I agree, but look at Ciaz then with same 90PS and topping the chart :D
    dadasaheb likes this.