1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    That Spare Wheel cover looks smashing :)
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    This is one HWAT car and thoroughly deserved such a high quality review!
    Hats off to you guys for such a comprehensive and unbiased review. Forget the rest of the goodies; those pics alone can tempt to buy one!

I wish FIAT all the best with this car. I hope it sells the numbers it deserves!
  3. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Great review guys. Awesome infact. The more I see it, the more its tempting to buy.

Good to see that this car is not a Punto Evo with cladding. It is a car, rather CUV by itself.

I liked the black FIAT logo that is shown once the spare wheel is opened.

Is the spare wheel also an alloy?

Just my thought. With the roof rails given and build like a tank, we can have the luggage compartment added on the roof :)
    nkrishnap and vivek_lko like this.
  4. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Very nice review !! One concern is regarding the extra space that the car requires to open the boot . I am imagining the situation when many times I have parked my car in cramped hotels specially in hills ; when I would open the boot easily to take out the luggage . With this new mechanism it might become tricky . Would require at least a meter of space b/w the wall and the car . I guess it would require more space to open the boot than the EcoSport . Correct me if wrong!!

Am also wondering if this mechanism confuses the security personals. Even if they understand how to open it (though even this might not be very simple since they need to open the wheel to its last click else the boot wont have enough space to open up ) ; they will get confused on how to close it ; what with the spare wheel locking!!
    Anyways there are too many positives too and I hope the market concentrates on the positive aspects.

Request to Mods : please delete my first post . I dont see an option to delete it.
    nkrishnap and punto_emotion like this.
  5. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very nicely done. Thanks for those short videos guys. Have read so many reviews n pics but this is the first time seeing the video. Wonderfully narrated n such a clean review. Let's see if really this turns the fortunes of Fiat India being launched first in India.
    nkrishnap likes this.
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Is it possible to remove the spare wheel assembly altogether putting the spare wheel back in the boot ??
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Thanks guys very much, terrific, esp the photographs and videos! :)

This car does a much more honest job (esp i bet on pricing) as a crossover than the Ecosport, which just does not have a good, balanced, sorted ride, handling and steering package that Ford like Fiat is otherwise famous for. The Ecosport also has styling that has its proportions quite wrong (too tall for its length and width, outsized front grill). And downright atrocious material quality (for the price) in far too many places, absolutely and not just relative to the excellent standards Fiat have kept on the Avventura (black bumper cladding, roof rails, spare tyre cover, head- and tail-lamp assemblies, dashboard plastic, seat fabric relative to this excellent art leather-cum-fabric material on the Avventura, even the over-bright shiny silver alloys.)

And: the Ford's diesel engine's all too evenly matched by the 90 hp mjd here to be worth any premium in price. The petrol Avventura will i think blow the Ecosport away for vfm, which is probably why Fiat have avoided the T-jet (at launch), they want very much to fight on price. And i feel they are right: the Ecosport and Etios Cross (which is also selling quite well apparently) are sitting ducks on pricing (esp the petrols).

Fiat just know how to do 'cross' and 'trekking' avatars that much better than anyone else (Panda Cross, Palio Adventure, Strada). The Sedici/SX4 was probably the pioneer of the small crossover in Europe, now a big booming segment in an otherwise recessionary market.

The Avventura manages to successfully look low-slung sleek AND high-riding, linear/pointy AND wide (front), sharp/edgy AND rounded-off (rear). Unlike the Ecosport, which is trying too hard to masquerade as a big beefy SUV, this design coheres and 'works' with effortless style. Italian lithe panache rather than American pseudo-beefy-ness.

This car has decent export prospects too, i figure, to commonwealth markets (Aus, South Africa, SAARC, and maybe the UK?)

Fiat should have some accessories available for this car: esp projector lamps, drl-s, sat-nav, etc. Only because i figure there'll be better demand for them than that (not) seen for the Linea's or the Evo's.

Over to Fiat's advertising, which now at least has the field open to itself, given that all the other car launches from other firms are already done/over!

Though: all the usual caveats about the car-buying public's 'infinite wisdom' still apply in Fiat's case, am afraid. Let's see: i guess most of us on TFI do feel very 'cautiously optimistic' ?! ;)
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Brilliant review. Just a couple of points, especially to the reviewers:
    1) What is the purpose of those inclinometers/compass from a laypersons perspective ? Would he/she not have a nice touchscreen/nav system that would be more useful than the angle at which the car bends during cornering? How many would even look at that data while driving ? Bad marketing idea, IMO, especially when the Indian consumer "wants"a multimedia interface in the car, nevermind that he/she can use his cellphone for the same.
    2) The boot space, as I mentioned in the past, should have been much better utilized with the externalization of the spare wheel. That is a really bad miss. Also, the C pillars that curve inward at the roofline further impede the space. The Ecosport has a slightly "rectangular" contour , allowing one to stack suitcases vertically better, I guess.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    An absolute masterclass of an effort by Krishna & Ravi. I have come across many professional level reviews which seem like amateur efforts compared to the standard of this review done by you. Thanks to Kartik & Puntom for accompanying the team and providing valuable inputs.

The Avventura has what it takes to make it's presence felt in the market. Now let's see how it's priced.

Cheers.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Mods (all of them) - Thanks a ton for the detailed review and tons of pics/videos which gratify the Avventura. Few points noted from the pics and review:
    1) Avventura is TFI sticker friendly, lost of spaces for the stickers to be prominently stuck.
    2) Dashboard looks like a smudge magnet.
    3) No space at rear for rear parking sensors or camera.
    4) Underthigh support seems to be similar to Punto and Evo - Very less and under thought by Fiat
    5) Jack & Took kit arrangement well thought of.
    6) Higher chances of spare wheel opening abuse during entries into Malls if one doesnt know the opening technique.

I agree to @turboKarthik of having the Fire engine under the hood of Avventura, its a known flop. Fiat should come up with an alternate engine ASAP.

Once again a big thanks to mods for bringing out the review, appreciate the efforts gone into this,
    Ravi, GirishRaghu and Puntom like this.