1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip let us see about the sales figures. The spiel from the manager of my local dealership is that the Avventura will sell well AND will add to, not subtract from Evo sales, since there'll be more traffic into showrooms. He claims that something like that is already happening, post the Avventura launch.

I'd be very surprised if it does not, net of cannibalization of Evo sales, add AT the very LEAST 250-300 to Fiat's sales figures, on a sustained basis. I would not be particularly surprised if it sells AS MUCH as the Evo (600 to 850)! :)
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    On the TVC, I got a reply on FB page:

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 2, 2014 ---
    Isn't fiat India damn late and lousy in airing the ad on all channels after the launch. What were they thinking :banghead:
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

I honestly feel that the most value-for-money car for both the average Joe and the GI Joe is the 2014 Fiat Linea. And yet it sells the least amongst Fiat's tiny portfolio. While Avventura, which is IMO the least value for money , is being touted as Fiat India's saviour.
    Note, I am comparing within Fiat's portfolio.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I agree wholeheartedly: it gives me, as a new Linea t-jet owner, a perverse glee to know that I have a 14-15 lakh car for 9 odd lakhs, and an even more perverse pleasure in knowing that others don't have a clue, whether as 'consumers' or 'customers'. ;-)

However, such is the neo-philia in our car baazar over the last couple of years: if it's a 'new' model with a styling package that reeks of new-ness, of futurism: it sells, while the 'older' models (unless they are from Maruti or Toyota) languish or decline rapidly. This last has happened to the Linea, but even to some models of Hyundai's, let alone the Nissan Micra-s, Sunny-s, VW Vento-s, Polo-s etc.

Interestingly for the prospects of the Avventura, the craze for the 'new'/'latest' looking Ecosport has been dwindling over the last 4-5 months, down by much more than a quarter year-on-year.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot This is one point that I agree with you. The T-jet is :) Enough said. However the Avventura, which I saw in KHT Fiat from up close did not interest me. I felt it still looked like my EVO.
    On a separate note, I did not like either the Eco sport or the Duster. A step up for me would be the XUV.

The hydraulic steering - initially I also found it odd though I am used to it now. Let me put it this way - if my father had to drive a car he would probably find the hydraulic steering tougher than a regular power steering.

Note: I did a weekend trip with my friends to Chennai. They hydraulic steering responsiveness on the highway is almost telepathic. I honestly cannot comment on the other cars because I have not driven them.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Another Review From a Man :) - ET Now

Drive4freedom and zenwalker like this.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

A pretty balanced review, much better than the so-called Auto-expert magazines. All the positives and negatives well highlighted. . Fiat should really think about providing a stylish Thule box as an optional accessory. Maybe throw it in as a freebie..In any case, discounts will start to trickle in a few months. And get rid of that inclinometer please !! How about a GPS Unit mounted on top instead of those meters ?
    And last but not the least. A T-Jet , if not a 1.5MJD A-S-A-P:arghh:
    zenwalker likes this.
  8. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    I have seen a new avvaentura being checked in the workshop today when I went there to check for a spare part.... Another person who have seen it from outside, actually stopped by and said that he is thinking to buy an ecosport and infact he thought avventura initially appeared as a premium cross....he immediately called the fiat showroom and asked them to send the avventura for a TD....he said that based on the price quoted, he is 90% determined to buy avventura rather ecosport.... and called ecosport a r****sh.....but only because there is no other option he initially decided to go for it and he said it is over priced..i wish fiat will start airing the ad very soon, so people will know that there is a new product which is worth buying
    Murphy_Fiat, prabhjot and zenwalker like this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @RCP
    Already its aired on 3 news channels time ndtv, times now and headlines today. Slowly will get increased to other channels.
  10. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad