1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Probably they are waiting for first 500 delivery which is a confirmed booking to generate more money for paying the channels to air their AD ;)
    Stupid fiat.
    pdash and adisrini1103 like this.
  2. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    This may sound like a daydream but is fiat in the process of making a new advert - tailor made for India??? with sharuk khan flying and diving from a mountain top with avventura??
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  3. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Done TD of Avventura and Evo, disappointed with the Avventura performance as compare to Evo and IMHO i would definitely go with EVO rather than Avventura as per their pricing.

I just found the Avv as head turner and nothing else.

P.S. While TD, people are looking on the bicycle attached instead of car itself :p
    pdash and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    hi aashish.

Are you sure? Do you mean the city performance of the 75 hp Evo v/s the Avventura's 90 hp? Well, the Avventura's meant as much as a highway/rough rurban-road mulcher as it is a city slicker, so perhaps the comparison's a bit awkward to make by TD-ing in Delhi traffic?

Still, delighted to hear that the Evo can hold its own vis-a-vis the Avventura for some buyers! That hopefully means that the Punto Evo's sales will hold up alright in the next few months, despite the fraternal rivalry with the Avventura.

BTW, on the earlier note about the skewed and baldly prejudicial review from the very mag that raved about it a few weeks ago. And whose original UK avatar is scornful of the Ecosport.

I guess Fiat (and we) should brace itself for more of exactly the same from all the other mags and tv autoshows, at least when it comes to comparo-s. 'Commercial considerations'?!
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  5. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Prabhjot,

Yes!! its evo(75) Vs Avv(90)

I drove it both max 90kmph on a straight stretch using all gear ratio at same rpm and i found Evo to respond much better than Avv.

Well, many of the people rarely use the patchy and rough road which Evo can also handle with much ease as per GC provided. In my post, i have also consider the pricing factor as GC alone and some exterior cosmetic are not enough for people like us or me . I do have 2011 model Punto and i rarely feel GC as culprit and i use to play with tires movement/position on up down format to drove on rough surface, if needed.

I am planning to buy new car for my family and i somewhat dicey in Evo, Zest and i20 elite seeing all parameter for my hometown n person who will be driving it.

Evo(Dynamic):
    Pros - Body, driving dynamics, pricing, added thigh support, ABS
    Cons- 120Km away service center, minor repairing headache, resale, gear shifting

Zest(XMS):
    Pros - Better quality compare to earlier product, ICE, ABS, Airbag. resale better than EVo
    Cons - 120Km away service center but will be opening shortly in 5-6 months, Body.

i20(magna)
    Pros - Look, Service/parts availability, resale better than EVo and Zest,
    Cons - Pricing, no ABS/airbag, maintenance somewhat higher than evo and zest.

Above are just my opinion and trust me, if i had to keep car in NCR then surely and undoubtedly it has to be Punto EVO without any fuss n thought because of their pricing, body and awesome driving experience.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Not sure if you made that statement in general or w.r.t Noida per say.
    If in general, when it comes to the great pot hole city Bangalore, i encounter every day this damn shit holes every where and even some times on the highways (state). Thank goodness for the GC we have on our FIATs, many of my colleagues friends bash their cars for lower GC and due to which they either had to cross ride vehicles on pot holes and speed breakers or get off the passengers to pass by which i never need to do so in my car. Any extra GC without compromising other qualities is always welcome by most of us and avventura is no means an exception here ;)
    prabhjot and pdash like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Interesting stats, these, especially in terms of how misleading they are:

From 0 to60 the Ecosport diesel is a mere 0.2 seconds faster than the Avventura. And yet every review has complained of the Avventura's city driveability! From 0 to 80 the difference is a mere 0.55 seconds.

Now either the reviewers have a very acute sense of speed OR, more likely, they are just parroting entrenched cliches about the mjd, even though they know it is in a different state of tune on the Avventura.

Now, consider this, the only measure of an engine's performance qualities: in-gear acceleration as against 0 to 100 sprints. The Avventura is FASTER than the bigger Ford diesel from 20 to 80 in 3rd gear by a full 2 seconds. And from 40 to 100 in 4th gear by 3.4 seconds!

Source: The same Autocar India's current print edition comparo with the Ecosport.

Bet the Avventura outdoes the Ecosport in 80 to 0 braking distance too!

Fiat need to find a way to get the message out that the mjd in general and esp on the Avventura is still a champion small displacement diesel, more than a match for both the Ecosport's and the Duster 85 hp. Else the hearsaid depreciation of this brilliant engine will continue to be damaging, leading to an ignorant chorus demand for the 1.6 mjd when the 1.3 remains more than adequate to MOST people's needs AND desires, esp on the Evo and the Avventura.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Two things: 1) Avventura is no match for a Duster in terms of the space and comfort. Agreed, Duster is way costlier, but they are in two different categories of cars. With Ecosport, I agree-save for the boot-space, where Fiat engineers have just blundered.

2) "Fiat need to find a way to get the message that"- You know, that asteroid heading towards earth has a better chance of impact accurate THAN Fiat giving out any message on any of its products. I know its hyperbolic, but nothing about Fiat India's Marketing strategy has been conventional.

I am not surprised that @aashish_19 found the Evo equal or better to the Avventura. This is pretty much the experience a regular car driver will get. Hence, the value proposition of Avventura will be called to question sooner than later. In my opinion, this will divide up the sales - 400 Punto, 250-300 Avventura . In any case Fiat was averaging 700 Punto's per month.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Acechip,Prabhjot has compared with the 85 ps engine of DUSTER ;not with the car as a whole.

@Aashish,In the city the same experience has been echoed by other TFI-ANs as well.But out on the highway the story is completely different.
  10. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I just watched the FIAT Avventura commercial on youtube thrice. Its the best auto commercial I have ever watched.

Kudos to Fiat on coming up with such a class commercial and such a wonderful product.
    prabhjot likes this.