1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    She should start doing the Banana challenge like Rebecca from carbuyer from UK. Will suit her better :D
    Vinodh_Gowda and Drive4freedom like this.
  2. RCP

RCP Amatore

how come she say the steering in ecosport is better than fiat. She can't handle a perfect hydraulic steering from fiat and complains that it disconnects at corners sometimes...An 800 with a power steering wud be the right car for her

They write everything for a sandwich. At what price are we getting all those sync, blue tooth features etc in ecosport? at 11.3 lacs right....she didn't mention a word abt price.. we have to do an apple to apple comparision..
    Dr Nitin Dutta and zenwalker like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

She knows squat about driving ergonomics. So lame that she was giving this job.
  4. Drive4freedom

Drive4freedom Novizio

She has done this review with a clear prejudiced mind of Ecosport being the best no matter what!!She just nit-picked few issues and blew it out of proportion which is uncalled for while doing a comparison.Sadly some people fall for this when they watch it.
  5. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Just saw the video. The moment she said the steering in ecosport is light and more desirable for some weird reasons, i closed the video. :p I agree the Ecosport is a good vehicle,but then after its priced was hiked to 1 lakhs it doesn't seem a good buy to me. Yesterday,a family in Ecosport stopped to just check out my Glitterati Gold Evo.The children in the rear seats jumped and had their face on the rear glass to see my car.I felt like "hell yeah"
  6. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @rudresh : Rebecca Jackson atleast looks good. I just love her video reviews. Back seat comparison wherein she mentions her height each and everytime, "5 foot 4and a half" :p and the way she reviews the cubbyholes in the car using the banana technique is too good as well. Between, she has left Carbuyer now and is working for Telegraph cars and pursuing her Le-Mans dream for 2017.
  7. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Linea 1.3
    @chetanmohanty even I did the same, i feel bad that i downloaded and watched this video in 720p waste of mobile internet- deleted it.

She is totally against the Avventura for some reason. besides how will a hydraulic steering be inconsistent compared an electronic steering which has the probability to be inconsistent which is in the ecosport...

she has any common sense? she didnt talk about the price nor the roof rail nor the alloy in base variant.. Sh***y review
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Look at the bright side guys, though she said some crappy things yet she accepted the ride is better, engine powerful and even the ride handling is better. At last she ruined by saying eco sport handles as well as savvy does.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Autocar has by now given three or four wildly different reviews of the Avventura, depending on various ...er...'commercial considerations'? ;-)
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

What a crappy review some points. She clearly lacks flair for an automobile reviewer
    • Fiat themselves advertise this as CUV and not as SUV as the reviewer seems to claim
    • Instrument cluster looks like sticker when switched-off, So what do you expect it to look like when switched-off?
    • Fiat Blue & Me also has voice recognition for Albums, Playlist etc, again reviewer doesn't seem to have spent too much time
    • If the steering is direct you're supposed to use it of course and how is it disconcerting? Clearly Fiat's steering is miles apart from the one on EcoSport
    • When you said EcoSport steering feels much better you lost it - kindly stop reviewing Fiat for god sake
    • And lastly EcoSport isn't an SUV as you claim it to be, it's just hatch on stilts only built ground-up