1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @drsantoshms Well thats what touches a motoring enthusiast's heart.

I own a MJD 90 HP Punto and everytime I am behind the wheel every other short coming of the car seems irrelevant.

The whole driving experience even with the goofed up ergonomcins is miles ahead of every other manufacturer barring may be Ford(Fiesta and Figo). The smile that a Fiat can plaster on your face every time you revv beyond 2200 rpms is something only a Fiatian can understand.

Its so true when most of the reviews after bashing Fiats left and right still agree that Fiats make cars that connect with the driver in a way no other cars do.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and GirishRaghu like this.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    saw the below news in Business line ....

BUSINESSLINE TWENTY YEARS AGO - TODAY

Punto muscles Fiat turn around

Italian industrial giant Fiat SpA bounced back from record losses last year to register a pre-tax profit in the first half of 1994, with prospects for the next six months also strong, the company said. Fiat made a consolidated gross profit of 72 7 billion lire ($467 millions) in the six months to June 30, against a loss of 982 billion lire ($631 millions) in the same period last year. The company's journey along the road to recovery has been speeded by the huge success of its new small Punto car, launched at the end of last year. So far orders for some 585,000 of the distinctive, snub-nosed car, have been placed.

Hope Avventura does the same thing for fiat in India.
  3. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This is just an amazing news. Put this as part of a separate thread.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    That 1994 story seems to be about the Punto not the Grande Punto. Also, the parallel is inaccurate since Fiat in India actually makes profits, at least from the manufacturing side of the business. Both the Punto and the later Grande Punto and the 500 sold so well that they ended up completely turning Fiat SPA around, followed of course by Marchionne's heroics with the Chrysler/Jeep takeover.

I for one do NOT think the Avventura and Evo on their own can achieve nearly the same boom in Fiat's Indian car baazar fortunes. But they are a really good beginning + improving dealerships/FASS: by the time 2016 comes around with the all-new launches: Fiat (and us!) will be feeling redeemed i bet! ;-)

btw, no Avventura TV ads yet, if I am not wrong. Does that mean they have their hands full with pre-bookings and the response from the online marketing? Hope so! Followed by an ad blitz, of course: maybe the Avventura's sales nos. are going to really surprise even the cynical/pessimistic among us Fiat fans! ;-)
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    FIAT Avventura - We made their adventure happen! #1

bharath and kaps like this.
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    How can they drive a car from new delhi to rishikesh without a registration number plate :happy:
    RCP and prabhjot like this.
  7. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    Everything is good in this car including price and features at that price, except the odd driving position. The car is clearly solid and built better than some of the popular german cars. Engine and gear box feels super solid . Compared to punto, I felt some vibrations to the gear knob (May be because of the adjustment). May be its just with that particular car. I felt that there is some change in the ECU mapping. That 1.3 multijet felt to be the same bullet proof one.

Be cautious while looking at those terrain gauges while driving or you may hit someone and end up loosing your license to drive.

Heard that there wont be any launches till 2017 from the Fiat stable (There will be in Chrysler, Jeep and Abarth though).
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 31, 2014 ---
    what a catch. I don't know how come a camera captured the moment when he opened the letter from Fiat (May be they gave it in person). But at least will he not get a phone call or SMS confirmation from Fiat? I mean it looked so artificial and already planned. May be they will pick people who will do skating and jumping, but not driving enthusiast. As a Fiat fan I would like to do adventure with my car by going to tough places, not by jumping and skating. They should have shown more on the character of the car. Whenever I get bored, I will drive my punto. If somebody have to go for jumping and skating, they can even go by bus or train.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Just took a small TD in city today. I was interested in city drivability specially. Below are the observations and comparisons w.r.t. my 75HP punto.

Good:

Fit and Finish
    Seat: Amazing compared to older punto, great back support.
    Car has great road presence and a looker like any Fiat car
    No, it does not look that big.
    Seating position due to height.
    Ride quality: excellent
    Steering: Is much lighter in city, did not drive in highway
    Noise isolation is better

Not so good:

Drivabilty : I still feel 75HP is a better city car, the car has lackluster power delivery and getting in to power band did not felt the punch like in older car.
    With same seat adjusted like my punto, I felt the gear knob is closer which made little uncomfortable for me
    Clutch: significant lighter and has greater 'false' area. Low end torque felt better in older car.

Also I felt older punto is much nimble and agile on road. Avventura is a great proposition from Fiat. but I don't feel drivability is better than older punto in this small TD. So won't trade my old punto for it :D
    Ravi likes this.
  9. Drive4freedom

Drive4freedom Novizio

Bangalore
    Case study:rolleyes::A man's and woman's opinion on Avventura from the ACI stable.

SOOZ_P and zenwalker like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    She should only review nano, beat and such cars. :banghead:
    Dr Nitin Dutta and Drive4freedom like this.