1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    For Indians Fiat want to give their product at cheap price. The same people have no issues if MS or any other manufactures increase the price daily. I think the loyal fiat fans are the problem for fiat we are present everywhere so the argument never ends and most of the people get confused. Fiat cars are VFM IMHO. Avventura price is spot on IMO. Time will tell that.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I completely agree with the perspective presented from your end. Frankly I was never thinking i the direction your previous post points to. Thanks alot :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 24, 2014 ---
    FIAT cars have always been value for money especially the Linea. People expect FIATs to be cheap because of the discount way FIAT allows later on. As I mentioned in one of my posts previously, People just keep waiting for discounts. I myself have had friends asking me to let them know once the discounts are in :(

However, I still feel the Avventura could have been priced a couple of thousand grands lower. But got to agree that nothing compares to the Avventura and am bitten by it since I heard about it from the Auto Expo and then when I first saw it in it's concept guise at the FIAT Caffe, Bengaluru. :) My mother refers to Avventura as "Cycle Gaadi" (Cycle Car) More to do with the pictures I have bugged her with with the cycles stacked up. I even mentioned to her about the launch dates and also about the pricing. Am so so so in love with this. This will be a perfect macho guy to the Princess (Punto - 2009) we currently have in our family.

Off-Topic : I had video made on the New Linea on my visit to FIAT Caffe to check out the Avventura concept. Link below,
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    gautham, JohnyBoy, prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    What do you folks think of the strategy of delaying the launch to Diwali, with advertising on TV and print to come only after the 'festive season'? No bad thing, given that they already have 500 confirmed sales, at least? And the Evo should've done well enough in October, uncramped by the Avventura?

And now: the festival-consumerist distractions are over, all the other car launches are done, leaving the field relatively uncluttered to get the Avventura message across, and create buzz with that very distinctive and telling though/because quite un-desi TVC?
  4. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Hyd prices: Dynamic MJD-~8.4L OTR, Emotion MJD-~9.71L OTR, expected time of delivery around two weeks.
    My two cents.

Any possibility of placing that huge spare wheel inside! :( )
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    On a seperate note i am dying for those huge spare wheel.
    bharath likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Of course there is, but why you would want to is beyond me! ;-)

Just look at @Ravi 's photo posted earlier of the orange Avventura driving in the rain, taken from the rear: the rear spare trye cover looks fab, makes the car look chunky, strong and hefty but not ugly-beefed-up.
  7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    IMO, as much as I have seen the Avventura, I do not see anything looking odd or out-of-place. The car/CUV looks good and is sure a head turner as with any FIAT product.

I have booked for a test drive and waiting for the same.
  8. Ramkumar

Ramkumar Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I did not a take a photo. But I can definitely share the name and contact via PM.;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 25, 2014 ---
    Since it was Diwali, he was the only one in the showroom :(.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 25, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 25, 2014 ---
    The alloys are different from what was shown in the expo. Will they be available, at least as an option? The double exhaust is also missed sadly (of course the tjet, projectors and drls are also missed). And personally, the evo 90hp's black interior is much more visually appealing even though the quality of the avventura's is much better. Anyone with me? And finally, I would be very happy if the camouflaged exterior is available :cool:.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Are you thinking, jungle safari expeditions; cause vinyl wraps are better options that having a car colored in such hues. :confused:
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 25, 2014 ---
    Would be a surprise if it isn't. Atleast for some it could be a deal breaker. Although those in metros could perhaps manage without hauling around that extra tyre. Then again having it on the back will offer a great lot more protection.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    sathishgv likes this.
  10. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    We have here members speaking about getting rid of the spare wheel on the Avventura and I was making a wish if FIAT could provide a 4x4 version of the Avventura :nailbiting: