1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Huh??? Idiot !! Ask him how many bookings do they have to command that waiting time? Wait till it officially launches. Ignore his BS. And next time you visit the showroom demand that you want to meet the GM / senior person and not this stupid sales guy.

The price quoted by him I am guessing is correct but will hold my comments till I see the break up. Dealers tend to "add" a lot of stuff on their own in the price. Insurance is also one significant variable factor.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 24, 2014 ---
    Of course you do !! :)
    pv_krish and J Ravi like this.
  2. Ramkumar

Ramkumar Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yup, I only hope that I heard it wrong or the sales guy is wrong.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think the quoted price is absolutely fine. The ex-showroom price of Avventura MJD Emotion in Chennai is 8.4L. Add 11% to it and the insurance too. It would easily make 9.56.
  4. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    As we are discussing over the pricing, is it only me or does anyone else over here in the forum think that FIAT might have gone overboard and priced the Avventura a tad bit higher? I expected a premium of around 80K INR over the Punto Evo model to model.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Placing it higher priced than EVO was very obvious. However, this could also be so that Avventura's sales do not cannibalize Evo's. We will have to wait and see how market responds to these pricings. I am betting that price revisions and occasional discount offers is what will keep the sales moving or happening.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

Well, I wouldnt fault the sales guy for trying to create a Honda-like hype around the Avventura, but he is way out of his league at the moment. But hearing his antics, I am sure his dealership manager would faint :wacky:!

But good to hear folks talking about waiting period for Fiat cars instead of waiting period for Fiat parts, for a change.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Vinodh_Gowda : Maybe. Time will tell. But there is enough material to justify the price. Pricing it too close to Evo will take away sales from Evo. We got to remember that as well. Good thing is that Ecosport's price has been under cut which is what FIAT was targeting.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    This is the biggest worrying factor about FIAT. They always seem to price their products taking into account the future price-cuts and discounts. Why is it so difficult to get the pricing right from the word go. Also, due to the price-cuts and discounts expected in future, few individuals may with-hold their purchase for now and by the time the price-cut comes there might be a Hyundai or a Maruti with similar product and those individuals will then go ahead and write the cheque to them. :banghead:
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 24, 2014 ---
    There are two sides with respect to the Punto Evo and the Avventura sales on the forum. One where FIAT might be concerned about Avventura eating up Punto Evo sales and the other where FIAT does not care which one is bought by the end customer, what matters is the total vehicles sold at the end of the month. I would side with the latter. Punto Evo and Avventura appeal to two different set of people. And also by starting to proceed with undercutting the Ecosport , FIAT might I mean just might have gone overboard with the pricing. It's not that Avventura does not deserve the now set pricing, just that the current scenario at FIAT does not allow it to command such a premium as of now.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  9. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    We all understand that the Avventura has been priced high to the liking of many. But the strategy would have been to price it higher than Evo and lower than Linea.

As known from FIAT, it has this habit of providing discounts later than provide a pricing before. The problem at this point would have been that, providing a killer price now would have moved the Evo's bookings and prospective customers to Avventura. Actually speaking, FIAT found themselves caught in between.

But on the positive side, knowing that there are not many such contemporary vehicles in the market and knowing the tactics of Ecosport of raising the prices without prior notice, people did not have a secondary choice to look around and were sticking to this. Also, the next available product in that segment was duster which was always enormously priced.

Taking these 2 factors into account, IMO, Avventura should do pretty good. Its a wait and watch scenario, and I am ready to bet on FIAT this time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

@Ramkumar, did you take the photo of the sales guy who informed about the waiting period, I would want to meet him for sure.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    In Mumbai region, in many other discussions with earning individuals Fiat is never even talked about, the Punto atleast gets mention for looks but not as a serious purchase option. I have found that individuals who go to showroom have a higher chance to be bitten by the charisma of a beautiful Fiat in showroom. It happens so that the sales teams really are quite amateurish at most dealerships; for the most part.

Example, on my recommendation a friend wanted to book a Linea. He had visited a Fiat showroom and went ahead to book the outgoing Linea model (regular one). He liked the car so much, he immediately offered to book it on the spot, but it was sold already. So he called another dealer to book the car and the sales guys managed to arrive a couple of hours later. Not only were they not well aware of the product engineering and features, but one guy a trainee was making such blunders in answering product related questions, the deal never went through. There was also this fact that they were trying to push a specific OB colored Linea and not even offering marginal discounts when customer (my friend) was fixated over another color of this liking. The follow-up after the meeting was also not there. They hardly had any cars in popular colors nor willing to commit on procuring one at a later date, reasons - lack of stock, cant say when new one will arrive. To top it all their pricing was much higher than their nearest competitor dealership. Really? who will buy such arguments when the choices are abundant for a buyer in todays market.

@Vinodh_Gowda,
    People are looking for deals or choices or both and unless Fiat and dealers create some smart strategy and market the product aggressively, giving the dealer some good bargaining powers or tricks to entice the customer, atleast making customer believe that he is winning; no matter how good the Avventura is, or how rightly it is priced as is being argued here, getting to or maintaining those three digit sales will remain to be a considerable challenge. And that is the part that bothers me the most. Its really not the after sales that is bothering many buyers, its how good is the product and whats the deal price.

So I guess more than the pricing part, it depends on how much is there in the hands of dealerships to offer some great spot discounts and bargains to the customer. Customers in my opinion, look at the mota-moti (ballpark) pricing of cars before entering a showroom. To argue that product should be a lac rupees less or half a lac less; the serious buyer is prepared for shelling some more to avail the good product he likes. This all the companies know well and will exploit to improve margins for self and dealerships, and I guess Fiat does the same while pricing products, perhaps as you believe on a higher side.