1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For those who liked the Avventura ad and the song here is the link to the video of the original song:

Empire of the Sun - Alive
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Just back from the Gurgaon Fiat dealer: went to check out the Avventura first hand (not that I needed to, given TFI's review! :) )

Loved the interiors, especially the terrific tan art leather-cum-fabric seats. Liked the softer-and-duller-than-my-Linea dashboard textured plastic. Loved the sense of drama the interiors are given by the high terrain gauges. Beats anything as redundant as a touchscreen ICE, in my book! I have to say my aversion to the designer-aggressive-macho interior styling of the Ecosport and Fiesta grew further.

Checked out the rear spare tyre swing arm mechanism thoroughly: it is very reassuringly over-engineered. And when the pro-s and con-s (rattling noise, security, weight of tyre removal or prior removal of luggage in the boot, weight of hatch-with-tyre-on-it opening/closing etc) are totaled up between say the Duster's sedan like technique, the Ecosport's and the Avventura's: methinks the Avventura does well enough, all told, for practicality. In any case it adds so much drama, subtle tasteful at that, aesthetically. Hope the sales people can, and have been trained to, handle skepticism from prospective customers.

They've already sold 4 + 1 more sale i witnessed myself, and are much more optimistic than they were about the Evo about its sales once the advertising takes off, and once the test drive vehicle arrives. They claimed the Evo had good breathing space over the festive season, resulting in a good sales uptick over the last month, at least by their not lavish sales-number standards.

The Avventura parked outside on the public road was getting eyeballs, touching and feeling, with interestingly a couple of middle-aged non-Fiat guys declaring confidently that it WILL sell well.

They meant to say they love the car's looks/aura but felt compelled to phrase their own judgment as a purely objective assessment of what OTHERS will do! (Not unlike most commentators on THAT other automotive forum! ;-)): a great omen, no?
    Dr Nitin Dutta, mchanna, kaps and 6 others like this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I feel that Avventura's pricing is perfect between Evo and Linea. I can clearly see the product line up of FIAT now. Now I am eagerly waiting for the SUV launch which provides an upgrade option for all FIAT fans like me :D (when will 2016 come? :meh:) Initially I thought of upgrading to Linea but now I have decided to wait for the SUV to get launched.
    prabhjot and zenwalker like this.
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Can Someone add this review with the videos to that Forum Please.
  5. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    I was reading the review in some other site, they mentioned Toyota etios cross ride and handling is better than avventura. is it true?
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Ignore it blindly. The etios in which ever avatar is no match to the ride, handling, braking and build quality of the punto evo/avventura.

Which site is it, if I may ask?
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Off Topic:

@prabhjot : ever considered sending your resume to FIAT :)

If not do send and add your posts in this thread as an "Annexure". I think there is a good chance they will hire you in the Avventura Marketing team :)
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    +1,

Will also make a great mind in the board room where most articulate arguments are direly needed for benefit of the company. :)
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  9. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Its team-bhp
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Do not bring the comments given by sites like toon-bhp. I used to have a lot of respect for that forum, but after seeing their biased opinions in so many instances, have no respect for them now.

Not only this forum, most of the auto shows (used to watch NDTV car and bike show), do not have a good opinion about FIAT for God known reasons. For instances, NDTV and other magazines were blasting nano for car catching fire, but do any of you know that vento and rapid both have caught fires and even worse, the owner of vento dies in that accident because the seat belt did not unlock and the car would not unlock. None even bothered to project this anywhere. God knows how many such incidents happened later.

All these paid news are what are being circulated today. I might sound harsh here, but if you want a opinion, please check for yourself instead of believing these respectable forums or magazines. All hypocrites.