1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It is not a switch. :)

Here is a pic from my Bossa Nova White Fiat. It is just a nut screwed on, the thread is painted in the body color, hence it is white in mine and Orange in the pic.

It holds the pedal assembly in place.

IMG_0020.JPG
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    J Ravi, pv_krish, prabhjot and 3 others like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure how you guessed the bottom end pricing for Avventura Diesel, but for top and mid variant prices, there will be actual discounts and exchanges offers etc. And in my opinion many people do manage to get some great deals on Fiats which would be the case with Avventura also if initial or later market response dwindles. There will be pressure to sell so Fiat does offer massive discounts occasionally.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just on other note, it was a chance to meet other TFI members and spend some time with them. It is always special.

@Puntom, @turboKarthik Sujai @nkrishnap chatting and planning on test drive, after a great breakfast and hot coffe.
    IMG_20141018_074921 (1).jpg

Tanking up the Avventura in morning.
    IMG_20141018_055459.jpg

It rained as well, and Avventura in Rain, from behind.
    IMG-20141020-WA0011.jpg
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    FIAT India website updated with all the details of Avventura. Please visit FIAT India website.

www.FIAT-INDIA.com
    bharath and prabhjot like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The whole point of a 'cross'-dressed (and modified) version of a hatch (e.g, Palio Adventure Locker, Strada, Panda Cross, 500L and upcoming 500X Trekking, the myriad styling avatars of the Cinquecento, and now the Avventura) is to blur categories.

i.e., Fiat does not care whether it is the Punto Evo that sells or the Avventura, AS LONG AS net-net there are meaningful increases in TOTAL sales and, very importantly at this stage of Fiat's renaissance in India, in the brand profile.

I have to say that i feel that the restyling of the Punto Evo vis-a-vis the Avventura has been accomplished so well in both cases that 'ordinary' non-Fiat fans will have not the slightest difficulty in attributing a distinct character to each. If at all: it is the Evo that will be depreciated relative to the Avventura, not the other way around.

Let's hope the cannibalization of Evo sales is not too great, and that there is a sizeable NET increase, say of at least 400-500 cars?!
    bharath likes this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ravi, is that the BTM layout IndianOil pump? Seems too familiar. ;)
    Ravi likes this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are spot on :), yes it IOC on BTM.
    This is my regular filling station. Reasonably reliable.
  8. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Dear friends, I still feel 8.17 lakhs for emotion avventura overpriced. Rs7.79 L to 7.99 L for top model is the bang on price. @asimpleson it is better to price and market aggressively when a company like Fiat is hungry for success. It is lot better to price appropriately than giving hefty discounts at a latter date. But Fiat is thinking other way round
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @drsantoshms I agree about not discounting but not at all about it being overpriced: the diesel avventura emotion is nearly a lakh cheaper than an Ecosport Titanium! And, it could easily be pointed out that it is the Avventura that has more 'features' not the Ford!

It is only in the option pack that one gets the extra airbags, the only area the Ecosport might argue that it is not exorbitantly priced. It too is just a cross version of a hatch--the Fiesta--only it costs as much as or more than a sedan, with worse ride, handling, steering, build, alloys and materials too.

The only downside is the practical friction involved in getting the rear hatch opened in some urban situations, getting the spare tyre swing arm open fully.

BUT: it actually needs LESS not more room than an Ecosport, since the latter's rattly (if you consult owners) spare tyre on the hatch door opens sideways and not up, hardly any more practical, though the Ford's set-up allows part-opening of the hatch door which is impossible on the Avventura. It's also extremely heavy and difficult to open and shut the Ecosport's rear hatch door-with-spare-tyre, and it does not just vibrate silently, it rattles often even at lower speeds on decent roads.

It is a trade-off for some between congested-urban practicality and the HUGE aesthetic value the spare tyre cover adds. Needless to say, it wouldn't bother most of us here on TFI!
    ramjn likes this.
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Below are the prices in Chennai (anyone can get it from the fiat india website)

upload_2014-10-22_5-19-17.png

So this means the on-road price would be hovering around 9.5L for the Emotion variant with the addition of insurance, road tax and registration. Its a pretty dicey situation at this price point. With this price point, the common people would be taking a call to go in for a sedan at similar price. The general talk would be like "its a refurbished Punto Evo or I do not get a bigger engine or I do not have enough cabin space" and the stuffs. FIAT should have probably created a psychological pricing (similar to what bata have been doing for ages). IMO, pricing should have been a bit more aggressive at least at the launch.

But still, I would surely like to see FIAT growing from here.