1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Congratulations Raghu,
    You have made a learned/ informed choice

The fiats are indeed better than the rest. You will keep discovering the great engineering even on the small bits, for years to come during your ownership.. The punto is a global car .. And good thing with fiats low sales is . they do not spend time and effort to make them India specific. Meaning most of the features/safety/structure/suspension are up to global standards. At a strictly Indian price
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Raguraman .Congrats on you new acquisition. Well MS,HY and H selling more cars has nothing to do with how good or bad the cars are. Same goes with Fiat. Its not like it doesn't sell because Fiats are bad. It is more of Indian mentality where everything is based upon perceptions and anything that doesn't confirm to norms is perceived as not good or rather bad.

Its not just about cars almost everything including career, life partner, house purchase to name of kid is decided by everyone esle. We Indians in general love being with the herd and sticking to off beaten norms and practice. All of this is only due to one reason that is nothing but risk taking ability. It is engrained in us right from the beginning to take the easiest route. Its sinister to be different.

If its studies then getting the best grades is more important that having best understanding of the subject. If its job it should be highest paying that one is able to crack rather than the one which gives you the maximum satisfaction. If its choosing the life partner its which family he/she come from , how good her/his family is , how much he/she earns ,how does he/she looks(as in fair). The compatibility you have with a person is of least importance. The love and trust which two people have( if its a love marriage) or how well one gets along(if its an arranged one) is never even considered.

Same goes for our vehicles. If its a MS then it will be like the good house wife who does all things well without excelling in any departments. If its HY then its like a girl who does few things very well and is bad at a lot of things with the icing being the dowry she gets(read all bells and whistles). If its a H then its like a girl from very good family who is perceived to be doing very well. But she cant actually cook well nor does she is doing great in her career either nor is she too compatible. But she is the arm candy every one wants to have but doesn't know the maintenance she craves for.

If its a Fiat then its that beautiful dignified girl who comes from a family which no one perceives good of. People actually think that since she doesn't come from a great family she will be arrogant as she is beautiful and come with her share of high maintenance cost. Actually she does everything pretty well and people do not see beyond the obvious which can be seen(perceived) or felt.

So I guess you can figure out how our mentality works. Anyone who goes against the tide understands that it will come with its share of struggles but the fruits that one reaps can be immense.

Same with our car buying process. Either buy one of the big three and just travel to your destination. Else buy a Fiat or a Ford or a Skoda and enjoy the travel. The destination will any way be reached.

I have usually taken steps in life which do not always go by the norms. But let me tell you I have been pretty happy with my life till now. I may have wanted a bit more success in my career but I am not too bothered there as well as even success is what is perceived by as others.

The grin that I have on my face when I drive my Fiat with my wife and kid by my side is unmatched. At least that's what my wife tells. She tells when ever you take a corner @ speeds above 100+ the kid in you jumps in joy.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    gklc811, SOOZ_P, aramico and 7 others like this.
  3. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Raguraman : It's a perception that Fiat parts are costly. I have owned a Hyundai as well and during my Ownership itself, i have seen cost of routine maintenance rise 3 folds. Also, Warranty on Fiat is best in class and warranty claims are hassle free mostly. Trouble is with availability of parts, that's the most frustrating part of owning a Fiat :(
  4. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Raguraman.. Congrats on ur booking!.. I am pretty sure, you will enjoy your ownership!, and Avvy brings more smile to you and your family.

Yesterday, I visited FIAT Service to get my vehicle checked before my next planned long trip (as my vehicle has crossed 14200 km and a few km behind for next service). I learnt from FIAT service guy that FIAT has come up with a global fix for Tail Wheel rattle issue, identified and reported in most of the vehicles delivered during the launch, and the fix will be provided to all the vehicles soon - through dealerships. He advised me that he will try to get that fixed during second Free Service (at 15k km) which I have planned by end of next month (August).

As your vehicle is booked just now, I hope your vehicle readily comes with the fix. You may check with your dealership when u take the delivery.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Sujit508 - Yeah true, but is it the case with Avventura as well ? Looks like it is specific to Indian market and not sold elsewhere.

@nibedk - Bro, you nailed it :) No one could deny it.

@Pr@bhunav - I hope the vehicle get delivered with all issues fixed :) If you don't mind may I know from which dealer you got the info.
    Sujit508 likes this.
  6. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    The avventura is India specific. And Has some unique firsts for fiat features like the swing arm,mounted spare. But underneath the DNA is the same of Fiat's punto. Albeit much better.

My point is there are lot of small features. (Read thru the 'did you know' thread ). which hasn't been deleted for India. And Also one of our member activated cruise control on his 2010 linea. As a diy . .. I'd bet such things cannot be done to a India specific designed Honda amaze, Suzuki desire, ciaz
  7. praveen subramanian

praveen subramanian Timido

bangalore
    bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I got the tailgate lock fixed. It works well and there is no more noise even on really bad roads. The flipside is the tailgate is now really heavy. You feel the weight while opening the arm.
    Fiat guys told me that they have replaced the old metal locks with a rubber one and that is why there is no more noise
  8. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @praveen subramanian - Hi may I know from which dealer you got the tail gate lock issue fixed in B'lore.
  9. praveen subramanian

praveen subramanian Timido

bangalore
    bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Whitefield... I had raised a complaint in Fiat website and they got it arranged and fixed within 5 days...
    Raguraman likes this.
  10. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @praveen subramanian - Thanks Praveen, I would be taking delivery of the vehicle tomorrow @kht whitefield. Will check with them if the issue is already fixed in the new vehicle :)
    prabhjot likes this.