1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot : that is a rare thing to see. I wonder what made that taxi owner pick an Avventura for ferrying people around. Might have been an owner driven Avvy ;)

But I admit it is extremely rare to see so many Fiats at one place in a short duration of time. And especially since people around us here we are absolutely nuts to have bought an Avvy and an old S10.

I took the Avventura again after 20 days. It brought a big smile to my face while driving it. And a big smile on my wife's face when she saw groups of people stopping in the parking lot to gaze at its design. Damn you Fiat for not being able to sell such a well made product.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Today, saw an orange Avvy in Kochi while returning from a family function. I told them it's the new car from Fiat. They liked it. Avvy was moving so slowly as to receive everybody's gaze on the way. Let's buy it, in came the choice from mother in law. We are considering another car for wife.
    How much would it cost.?
    I told very close to our Linea.
    They went silent for some time. Still there was voice to go for it.
    Then came the question that decided the discussion. Does it have auto transmission ?
    I confirmed "No". That was it.
    I wish Avvy came with auto transmission
    14aff375f7280db9243acb35f30beae6.jpg
    prabhjot and Anup like this.
  3. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Agree with you @Vidhyashankar Kannan... For me yesterday, it was not big smile.. it was a huge smile with PRIDE.!!!!!

5 guys (including me) went for a weekend trip to a water fall approx 275km away from B'lore. All except me in the group own Ford, MS and Hyundai vehicles and it was first time for them to experience a FIAT.
    Our drive included curvy/forest terrains (as usual for any water fall which needs trekking to access it) and Highway as well. All of them experienced my Avvy for considerable duration(both high way and forest). I was really enjoying the way they were stunned after expereincing the vehicle. It was a Pride Feeling to listen to their comments on Avvy's ability to ..
    - Corner/Grip the curvy roads ( Ha ha ha.. the were Stunned like any thing ...!!! The Wooow from them ensured that they had never had / tried such an experience with their vehicles!!)
    - Confidence inspiring Brakes (really they were stunned the way it was stopping from high speed without a small jerk )
    - Speed absorption ability and Stability n Control at high speeds
    - Awesome Steering Feedback (I actually enjoyed this part more ..when they compared their vehicles' steering feedback, and how they were a discouraged to drive the way they were driving Avvy)
    - Lesses body roll despite driving at high speeds in curves
    - The ability to conquer the Bad roads (the potholes ..rough patches at road construction sites etc) with ease and no disturabance to the people inside
    - Off roading capability to some extent (if not upto 4x4 drive) with bigger alloy wheels.
    - Finally the milage - we got approx 16 kmpl(as per our rough calculation) with 5 memebers on board with speed of 100+ always in highway and despite covering hilly terrains also.

I waited..if some one comments on the power delivery...But couldn't get any. Then I only asked them about that... None agreed that it can be considered very underpowered!
    I was just enjoying their comments and replied to them - "This is how the FIAT DNA is!!!!! , and it can be experienced in Punto and Linea as well".

All these comments I had read in internet user reviews / auto forums.. but Listening to these comments LIVE on my own FIAT with real expressions was something very special to me...and the BIGGGGGGG SMILE :) :) with my FIAT Avvy continues....
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 29, 2015 ---
    FIanlly I waited..if some one comments on the power delivery...But couldn't get any. Then I only asked them about that. None agreed that it can be considered very underpowered considering the way it pulled with 5 members inside! They said initially they felt something different with the power delivery(as they are used to their vehicles)..but gradually when they understood how engine behaves (of course with some tips from me), they drove as per its requirement - keeping it in right revv band and right gear shifts, and they never felt any starin in engine for pulling the full packed heavy body.

I was just enjoying all their comments and replied to them - "This is how the FIAT DNA is!!!!! , and it can be experienced in Punto and Linea as well".
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  4. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All, I am new to this forum and this is my first post as a member. But I have been following this forum and particularly this thread for quite some time.

After spending 3 months in researching which car to buy in a budget of 10 lac, I have finally decided to go with Avventura and made my booking today @KHT,Bangalore.

Would like to thanks everyone in the forum for sharing your views which helped me a lot.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats and welcome @Raguraman. Do share details on why you chose Fiat/Avvy, color and variant . Also, start an ownership thread with lots of pics once you get your Avvy. Cheers!
  6. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Saket Sidana - Thanks a lot :)

To begin with, I am not a Fiat fan or enthusiast. In fact this is going to be the first Fiat car in my family and relatives circle.

I started looking for a car some 3-4 months back. I was not in a hurry and had ample time to decide on which car suits me well.

On spending most of my time in reading reviews from different websites, I understood that no vehicle is going to satisfy a buyer in all aspects (atleast with a budget) . So I had to decide on what I want in my car.

FE, Performance, Safety, Build Quality, Ride and handling, A.S.S, Resale Value being different factors.

I don't want to be an typical Indian, who is keen on FE and resale value. So I was ready to compromise them for a vehicle with
    Solid Build quality, safety, performance, good Ride and handling.

So I decided not to go with Maruthi, Hyundai and Honda for that matter and I had to pick one between Skoda, VW, Ford and Fiat.

Keeping my budget in mind, I was left with VW Polo, Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP and Avvy.

Further on reading multiple reviews I decided to go with Fiat for its superior Ride Quality and Handling.

To chose 1 between 90 HP Punto Evo and Avvy was most difficult task I have ever had.

The price difference is almost 1 lac between these 2 and Avvy is nothing but a beefed up Punto Evo. But then my wife and dad made it easier for me by voting for Avvy.

So we had a TD today morning and was completely impressed with the vehicle. Both front and rear seats were quite comfortable. I initially drove on a normal road and the road presence was good. As mentioned in many of the reviews I didn't feel very difficult to drive within city.

After going through some normal road, SA asked me to drive the car in a route where there was no sign of a road.I was initially like "Are you sure, you want me to do this ? " But then he insisted me and the experience was awesome.

It handled the road so well which was beyond my imagination.

We came out quite impressed and paid the booking amount.

Color - zafferano orange.
    Variant - 1.3 Emotion

SA informed me that it would take 3 weeks to deliver the vehicle and I may get it approx by Aug 20th or so. But I am planning to the take the delivery on Aug 31st for my Wife's Bday.

Will start a ownership thread once I get the vehicle and will post the pics as well.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 25, 2015 ---
    Fiat vehicles were kept for display at my office campus on Friday by Vecto Motors. I managed to check out Avvy and noticed that the seat height adjuster handle was broken.

And today when I had TD @ KHT Fiat, I noticed the same issue with the TD vehicle as well.

Is this something I should be worried ?
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Raguraman for entering the Fiat world. For your requirement, Avvy won't disappoint you. On the Seat height adjuster, for TD vehicles people sometimes applies more force than required. So it just breaks. When i took td of Avvy and Punto for a friend saw that. However, now its more than a year and no issues at all. I think no fiat owners have this issue.
    So just keep enjoy the waiting days.
    Raguraman and prabhjot like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats @Raguraman on your new ride. Avvy is a great all rounder. You are gonna love it all the way.

Regarding the broken seat height adjuster don't fret. Just make sure you do a thorough PDI before buying it. Fix up a day prior to the delivery day and check it from top to bottom. And even if you miss something, don't worry Fiat would be more than to happy to replace any part, under warranty.

I drive a 90 hp and within few days I noticed that the center ac housing was not perfectly aligned on the right side and it wasn't easy to notice, it was that minor. Took it to FASS, they tried fixing it, but it was a defective part. They replaced it without any issues and it was worth 6 grands. FASS is actually a lot better than other manufacturers ASS in a lot of things.

Looking forward to your ownership.
    Raguraman and prabhjot like this.
  9. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @SOOZ_P & @Turbothinghy - Thanks for the clarification

I understand that the vehicle used for TD could have been manufactured in the first batch when it was launched. During test drive noticed that it had already clocked around 5500 Kms. So may be FIAT would have already rectified the issues noticed earlier.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 27, 2015 ---

Yeah, I agree that they are better than how it is projected in other forums, reviews. But IMO they had to do a lot better than what they are currently.

The problem with FASS comes later but the primary problem being with marketing team. They have to make sure that their product reaches a common man too.

Honestly I started my search for a car knowing nothing about FIAT cars at all. Keeping a budget in mind on my initial days I visited Hyundai, Ford and Skoda showrooms. I also had VW and Honda in my list and spoke to the showrooms over phone.

I had no clarity on what I want, but what I had is patience and urge to know more about the cars. After all it is our hard earned money and not every month we are gonna buy a new car. So I decided to spend more time in analyzing the cars before deciding on one.

On going through reviews and spending 3-4 months intensively on internet I got clarity on pros and cons of each and every car manufacturers in India.

During those time I realized that FIAT is most under rated cars in India given the solid build quality, ride quality,Life on the Hydraulic steering etc compared to what other competitors have in offering. Then I also understood that they themselves are the reason for their own downfall because of what they did in the past to their loyalists.

1. Joint Venture with Tata
    2. Spare parts being quite costly and unavailability of them if I am not wrong for palio and Uno.

But in-spite of that, I noticed few things.

FIAT owners have always been in favor of their cars no matter what. You guys are different unlike others. When Maruthi has 46% of market share and Fiat has 0.46 % you guys still have the guts to go out and say I own a FIAT and it is any day better than Maruthi or other manufacturers in India :) This is why I admire you guys.

When I decided to go with FIAT and informed my family, their reaction was like why not Swift or i20, maintenance cost, resale value etc .

Then I had to spend some time in making them understand why Fiat and in what way it is better than others. Now they are quite convinced and happy with the decision.

I think people should start exploring different options rather than playing safe before zeroing in on decision.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Raguraman, we are kind of brave. I also faced a lot of resistance from every quarter when I took the decision to go with TJet. Actually, only those FIAT owners are happy who do not get complex problems in their cars. Once/If the cars develop complex issues, service centers are generally unable to sort them out leaving bitter experiences.
    Raguraman likes this.