1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

The wheel size of top end Evo is 195/55R16. Changing to 205/55 R16 (Avventura/Linea Emotion) increases the tyre diameter from 621mm to 632mm.
    Ganges likes this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    So Avventura GC is not effect of mere tire upsize as only 4.5mm (half of the diameter rise, as only radius contributes to rise in GC and the rim size is same 16 inches in both the cars ) rise in GC is possible due to upsized tires of Avventura over EVO.

Hence, it is apt to say that there is some other factor responsible for the rise in GC of the Avventura over EVO eg. suspension.
    Ganges and prabhjot like this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Punto Evo 90HP 195 55 R16 and GC is 185mm if I am not wrong.

Avventura 205 55 R16 and GC is 205mm.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 29, 2015 ---
    Punto Evo 90HP 195 55 R16 and GC is 185mm if I am not wrong.

Avventura 205 55 R16 and GC is 205mm.
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Ganges likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What did GC kit had to improve the ground clearance with reference to the below pic.

punto__1_3_mulrijet_suspension_front_1.jpg
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The spring and the travel distance of the strut
    Ganges likes this.
  6. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Compared space between dead pedal and clutch on both Avventura and Linea after another back to back test drives. I can rest my feet comfortably on the Linea dead pedal and access clutch easily wearing broad footwear. But I can;t do the same on an Avventura. Tried in display vehicles and found that space between dead pedal and clutch is the same in both cars but on the left side of dead pedal the space is more in a Linea allowing the foot to be placed comfortably but not so in a Avventura. Anybody who has driven both these cars felt the same?
    Tornado likes this.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Frankly speaking i dont rest my left big feet often on dead pedal of my Punto, i take it back when i m not using for the most time
    I didnt find much of a difference in both cars dead pedal space because all the 3 cars have same setup, only thing is Avvy has even more smoother clutch pedal, thats it, while driving Linea you feel comfortable and relaxed like you are driving a big luxury saloon whereas in Avvy you feel like driving a grown up compact car
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Another Fiat has joined the family. My sister was looking for a car and was quite enamored with Ecosport. I managed to swing her to Avventura, petrol. Test drive was the clincher. She was quite impressed with driving dynamics and speed masking ability of Avvy. Car was delivered yesterday.
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kaps . Good job.. Interstingly this post of your's was the 666 th post :)

kaps 666 post.jpg
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    It's been a cool rainy afternoon here in gurgaon: perfect for a long walk with umbrella, and a few hot chais at the nearby chai stall, right on NH8. And therefore, all one can do, over chai, is spot cars: car-spotting, if you will.

And what an unprecedented visual feast statistically, speaking as a Fiat fan: 4 Punto Evo-s, including a Gliterrati Gold, and as many as 2 Avventura-s, all in around 20 minutes. I go there pretty much everyday: have never seen this many new fiats at a go almost.

Of course, goes without saying that the Z Orange Avventura was ravishing, putting even the 3 or 4 RR Evoques and the white Bentley Continental GT to pale.

But the star of my little 'car spotting rainy day film' was: a white Avventura....inter-city taxi, RJ number plates!

Was delighted at the thought of the Avventura-as-long-haul-cab: it's perfect for the job on Indian roads for say 3 people and not an excess of luggage. What could be inexpensive yet more comfortable, safe, quiet and reliable than it on North India's roads?!