1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Really?!!?
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Ya, I am going to bring this crazy guy for one of our short teamfiat meet at Pune.

Paint of only one door had peeled off, but the guy was damn sure of his opinion that a 9 L car should not pose this problem with in a month, and if paint peels off, rust can be the next problem.
  3. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : The speed that you have mentioned is achievable but beyond 140 the vehicle feels overworked. I personally have tested it above 150 but you can clearly feel the strain on engine.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even 75Hp also feels more strain after 110Kmph,the only difference between 75 and 90 hp is the sweet time taken to reach top speed.VGT wins here.Love the pull of 90Hp in our TATA Manza.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Yes, my previous car was Manza and use to pull nicely on highway . But during gear changes its RPM needle use to drop down quickly bellow the turbo zone. In Avventura I find the RPM needle is too lazy to drop down bellow 2000 RPM during gear changes and that's the sweet point of MJD 90 making it fun to drive in city also.
    And this is one reason, why I feel MJD, QJD, DDis, Smart Tech, premier rio engine etc all should not not be labelled under one heading of 'national engine'. Lay people feel Fiat cars must be equally sluggish as that of other national engine cars.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When it comes to Maruthi, i feel in Ritz the MJD have been tuned very nicely than Swift. i had once neck to neck with Ritz from belgaum towards kolhapur,evenafter 150Kmph the pull on Ritz was tremendous and i have to giveup. but it seems in whole TFI only one TFI'an ( @shams ) punto has crossed 180Kmph.Need to steal his turbo. :D
    Tornado likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I do agree on Ritz, being lighter in weight, does catches speed nicely but you start feeling unsafe at that high speed, in avvey you don't. And that's the difference.
    Ganges likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rightly said, during summer camp when i been to Belgaum Sutaria FIAT i met a person(age 45+) who normally drives twice in a month from Belgaum to Mumbai.He bought a used Linea .The previous cars he used was Swift dezzire and was comparing with Linea.He too agreed its built like tank and so much safe and confident with driving at high speeds,especially the handling department.Sorry for being offtopic.Last but not least offtopic :- any idea about Pune -Satara stretch NH4 when it will be fully functional :D .
    Tornado likes this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Lovely question bro. There are WIP stretches every 5to 10 to 20 km free stretches in between. However, AFA as the good GC fiat cars are concerned, the whole Pune Satara stretch is ready for wonderful drives as you get to test the precision of steering while approaching the WIP parts from the tarmac, quality of suspension & GC on the WIP parts.

For rest of the car brands, they will have to wait for next 4 years so as to call the highway ready.

Recently, I have upgraded my Avventura front fogs with that of HID Hella.
    And due to audiophilla, also upgraded front speakers with Focals.

And now I am in mood to upgrade the HU to high end touch screen.

So if any 'Active ' or 'Dynamic ' model aspirant wants, following items are available for resale.
    1) Pair of front fog lamps with bulbs .
    2) OE HU +B&Me.
    3) front pair of speakers.
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

150kph in a Ritz, 180kph in a Punto are absolutely dangerous speeds for those cars. Totally NOT recommended. Heck, even 140 kph on a Linea T-Jet is taboo as far as I am concerned. But thats just me, I guess. Not for the mechanical capability, but for the human capability to control and respond to any emergency event.
    dadasaheb and Saket Sidana like this.