1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I saw the same on NH24 yesterday on Delhi side, after Mayur Vihar 3 while driving towards Delhi.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

There is a colleague of mine who is enamored of the Avventura, but still has not made his mind up to buy it. Thank god he doesnt think much of the other pseudo cross-hatches, particularly I20 Active. That one has the potential to spoil the already small fortunes, although it doesnt match up to Avventura. BUT, ( and this is purely my opinion) it is a looker in its own right.
  3. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    No doubt, I20 Active is a looker indeed. but somehow it doesn't manage to draw attention as much as Avvy.
    Any way I like it too.
  4. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Today I drove the I20 diesel extensively in hills but it doesn't have that strong turbo kick and also after 3300 tomorrow it takes a bit of time to reach 4000 rpm. Somehow i felt it stays stagnant and only noise increases At 3200-3300rpm. Handling is not that bad as people might say but i was a bit dissapointed with the power. I think avventura has a better free revving engine.But i feel avventura wont pull after 140kmph as in 3000rpm its speed is 120kmph. Whereas i20 100 comes ar 2100 rpm.

But somehow i felt avventura more energetic despite it may have a lower top end. But who cares most of our highway speeds range between 80-120 in real world which it is capable off.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2015 ---
    My opinion i20 looks better than active...i find it weird with outdated round fog lamps front and behind. Who says hyundai service is good my friends i20 car speakers have gone bust and he is waiting for more than 2 weeks. I gez no one can compete with maruti. Fiat and hyundai maybe more or less the same in service dept.
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  5. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Saw the same billboard at 3 places in Bangalore, one near Nagwara flyover, one on Hosur Road near Forum and one near MG Road. Marketing team at Fiat finally seems to have woken up.
    amitshedha and prabhjot like this.
  6. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Today.. i have been to arikere at around 9 pm. I saw brown color avventura parked near to the light pole. Man.. What a beauty it is.
    Stunning looks.
    amitshedha likes this.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    In yesterday or day before yesterday's TOI, saw the Fiat Advertisement in Hindi. They encouraged to test drive a Fiat car and suggested to provide a free movie ticket or something else in case the person is not satisfied with the drive. I would try to find the newspaper and attach the scanned copy later. Ad carried the normal discounts going on, Avvy: 25k, Punto: 50k, Linea: 80k.
    Tornado and prabhjot like this.
  8. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP

@ccprakash.. glad to inform that it could be most probably my Avvy in BrnzoTan (considering Arekere & next to light pole), as I have not seen any other Avvy near that place so far
    Tornado and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    [QUOTE="oxom, post: 841936957, member:] But i feel avventura wont pull after 140kmph as in 3000rpm its speed is 120kmph.

Who says hyundai service is good my friends i20 car speakers have gone bust and he is waiting for more than 2 weeks. I gez no one can compete with maruti. Fiat and hyundai maybe more or less the same in service dept.[/QUOTE]

My experience on Eway, with four on board, we were surprised to see needle pointing 140-150kmph on speedo so quickly. I was rather expecting her to struggle above 120 due to tall stance.

Yes, AFA hyundai is concerned, one of my known person 's brand new I 20 suffered from paint peel off, HyASS promised him repaint, but the owner was adamant on car replacement, and parked the car in front of showroom and spread fuel on her and threatened them that he would set it ablaze. Finally got the car replaced.

AFA, Maruti is concerned, being fragile metal,there cars receive tender loving care from the owners, and hence these cars require least maintenance. But if you subject these cars to enthusiastic driving, its flaws start surfacing with n numbers of rattles.
    Recently my dad's wagonR AC went kaput despite additional filter for dusty conditions. Also for such repairs they take unreasonable time.
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado

That's more than a bit crazy, very desi and effective am sure, but still crazy!:Do_O
    Tornado likes this.