1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Linea TJet and Avventura both are good and rock solid. @Whencut86, your heart says Avventura. Follow your heart would be my advice. Fanatics like us should apply our mind elsewhere than letting our mind rule over heart for a car buying decision.

Disclaimer: I am more of a "heart" person for cars. Even though I drive a TJet, see I am recommending you Avventura as your heart says Avvy. ;)
  2. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @oxom that scheme was for last month only. the dealer here says it is not valid for this month.
    @asimpleson I do less than 1000 kms a month with 3-4 tours a year. Mileage of 10-12 in city and 15-16 in highway should be ok for me. Suspension is same for both TJET and avvy I guess. Plus yeah will have a big car feel :)
    @prabhjot I agree that aesthetics point in Avventura's direction. But I don't want to repeat the mistake I made with Brio. Moving from a Brio to Fiat in just 3.5 years. I want to have the Fiat for next 7-8 years. Young or sophisticated aside, I need to think of a car which would I would be driving daily for 7-8 years. Looking at my car buying decision from that perspective. TJet gear shift is much better than Avventura. Torque is same. Rear Leg room is more. Weekend roaming with family also needs to be taken into account. Not too into cruise control and stuff. But yeah its a lakh more than Avventura. Avventura has Better mileage and stunning Italian design no doubt. Linea looks elegant, love the TJet, more space, rear discs as well. Also, with reports pointing to a Fiat B Suv launch in early 2016, I also have doubts if I buy one now and I will regret later if the 2016 B-SUV turns out to be a stunning car with 1.6/1.5 MJD.
    Ramkay Fiat has been very patient with me and my experience has been excellent so far. I have told them I need a month to think and decide which car and they agreed. Contrary to what people say about Fiat dealers, Ramkay Fiat is good.

@Saket Sidana I love the Avventura for its design. Following the heart feels good. But to think that I will have the car for 7-8 years I cannot blindly follow the heart. I agree with heart but need to weigh in practicality, daily driving, other aspects also. Narrowed down to 2 cars only. Both Fiats. Both are damn good and both have their own advantages. I'd say its a good confusion to have though. :)
    Saket Sidana and prabhjot like this.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Whencut86, when you cut the deal, let us know! All the Best.
    jumu likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Whencut86 suspension on Avventura is meant for more abuse. And will be a boon if roads are not too good. With your low running needs you could buy a nice pre-owned Tjet or a brand new Avventura. With Avventura you could plan more longer journeys and the extra miles and lighter on pocket will feel good for sure. If no. of members in family is 2 adults, 2kids largely to travel, Avventura could still be a better choice. And suspension is beefed up quite well on Avventura; the coils are beefier.
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Encountered the Avventura only for the third or fourth on Guragaon's roads. Orange, coming down regally the automotively sublime NH8 from Delhi to Gurgaon: it's perhaps a 10-12 (or more) lane highway that always has a heavy stream of traffic in all lanes. Many many lakhs of cars roll up and down it every day. A bystander at a chai-stall like I was today would just be blase about cars, models, their looks, their allure etc.

Except that the Avventura has extraordinary presence and aura: a tribute to its design, front and of course rear, those huge tyres. 'Fantastically solid/chunky looking yet primed for action/speed': a very impressive 'stance' and 'posture' on the road.

It stood out on this busy highway that sees Range Rovers, and S Classes and Harley-s as a routine matter: what presence! Looks or rather 'comes across' as vaster bigger (in its sheer visual design impact, its stance etc) than it is.
  6. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Whencut86 : My first hand experience on Avventura can be summed up in one word - Incredible. Have travelled on excellent Highways (Bangalore-Hyderabad), Poor Roads (some Roads in MP), Non existent Roads (Section on MH-Teleangana Border) and Craters with road (yep not the road with craters!). The suspension doesn't let you feel anything and the vehicle never feels bouncy. Braking is not an issue at all without all 4 discs also. The second glances you get from crowd is added advantage ;)

Linea Tjet was my first choice but my frequent highway trips meant it would have been heavier on wallet. That's the only reason i chose Avvy MJD.
  7. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    FIATs are really design marvels in its class. But nobody is taking it. See the Etios cross. Half hearted design, still it sells 1000+. I dont understand our people mindset. God give me some power to understand their logic.
    pabhishek, prabhjot and Dr. Fixated like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Was delighted to encounter a big bold, very clear and emphatic billboard ad for the Avventura, well located on the big, expensive, well-trafficked and slick Delhi-Gurgaon mg road/highway.

The HUGE, banner headline-style tagline was 'more than a Cross will ever be', with two smallish images of an orange Avventura, the visual accentuation being of the rear spare wheel.

Good, Fiat needs to really funnel their limited marketing budget into the Avventura (over the Evo and Linea), at least till the t-jet Evo, the Abarths, the Jeeps arrive at the end of the year?

Hope they've got many more of these BUT at good, critical locations (which is of course very expensive), in all the bigger cities. Have others seen it/similar new billboards in their cities?

PS: the first real, obvious, evidence of good change since Kevin Flynn's taking-over. My hopes for FCA under him are....soaring (to a nice low but steady flight path)!:p
  9. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    How far the information in this link - http://overdrive.in/news/exclusive-fiat-indias-plans-for-2015-along-with-timelines/ is true.. ?? Is FCA gonna execute its plan as mentioned in the link.. ???

Between, my Avvy has revved 10000+ km now!!! Apart from tail wheel rattle sometimes..so far no worries and Joy everywhere ..
    As per my observation I think the tail wheel assembly is sensitive to weather (like wooden doors tend to tighten and loosen durig different weather conditions) and hence I have been trying to fix the rattle as and when I encounter, with different thickness of of Insulation tape applied to the assembly.. I wish I get a permanent solution soon. If anyone has similar expeience, please share your views and solution approaches!

I am planning to get the Rear parking Sensors fixed to my Avvy. But the Fiat technitians say they haven't got any information on the specific rear points, where the sensors can be fixed. Because of the tail wheel, the ususal rear points(like in Linea and Punto) can't be used for Avvy. If any of you have rear parking sensor for Avvy, please share your views.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot Even I spotted the 'more than a Cross will ever be' Avventura advert in Pune in a busy road :) .Fiat cars deserve such an advert.
    As @ccprakash pointed out even i get bewildered how Etios Cross manages 1000+ numbers. Maybe these adverts can come to Fiat's rescue as far as the pulic mindset is concerned.
    amitshedha and prabhjot like this.