1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

Agreed, it's not a popular taxi without good reason. But the point is that it completely fails to embody the 'asiprationality' that Hyundai and Honda and even Maruti-s supposedly offer. And yet they've sold a few thousand of them consistently, and a slight facelift later + the Cross version later: are up 30% year-on-year. Just tells you the power of basic, deep brand-trust. As opposed to the brand-mis/distrust Fiat faces. The elasticity of Toyota sales relative to advertising or facelifts say contrasts with the inelasticity Fiat faces. As @asimpleson says it will take years of one or two successive sales 'hits' by Fiat before that changes. Many times the quantity and quality of advertizing is unlikely to be a viable shortcut for Fiat?
  2. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot what if fiat brings the name Padmini back...getting license from premier automobiles... Give it some curves on the old look make it new with projectors... Make it look like a compact sedan on the punto's platform.
    I think every Indian would taste this.... This may be a game changer... Coz except for the people who were born after some 2000 do not know the padmini. Everyone else that it is the most trustworthy car of India as many still run today

Guys what is the take...public opinions please
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @adisrini1103

Yes, a nice idea, well worth it for FCA to attempt in India: a retro, 1100 or Padmini version stylistically (not too much, just 'quotations') of the Linea? If they're going to persist with the Linea to the point of re-facelifting it again, that is.
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Do you think fiat listens to these forums?? or some one in this forum is a part of fiat??
    coz i dont want all our ideas go to waste..
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

I dont think Italy will agree (even though its their own design historically). And I dont see the point. What good is it , if it only adds another 75-100 per month to the totals ? At this rate, Fiat will lose their dealers. I am not sure how most of them survive anyway.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @acechip Dude I am telling you that Indians are pretty sentimental, once they believe something is good they stick and associate reasons to it (cognitive bias) there are articles and surveys that Indians are heavily Biased just because of sentiments (i believe it is true - see i am biased too)
    and the PADMINI is one such sentiment for people till the 2000's -

a new compact sedan with the padmini, that might be the only thing that fiat may need
    May be plonk a T-JET or a Multi-air turbo in it for enthusiasts

I am talking about a design similar to the picture below and name it padmini, fiat's sales would take a huge step a minimum of 300 jump per month.. once the fever starts there is no stopping back

5af4bb49a5116f9ef43b6a1b021f1b7d-thumb-800x350-crop-0x124;800x350;83.33333333333333.jpg
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

No sir, No! The new generation of car buyers are now in the range of 25-35 years. They dont have fond memories of Padmini or PAL for that matter. It is possible their fathers owned M800. Times have moved on ! The worst memory is the lack of spares for Padmini or 118NE or the PAL lockout troubles. They will most likely be told by their elders not to waste their money on a Padmini lookalike, given that its Fiat who is resurrecting it again (horrors of horrors).
    So no, Fiat did the right thing by moving out of the PAL shadow, but they simply did not put in enough efforts to totally revamp their image. And now to suggest that that image may be their saviour would compound their misery. (if they feel it that way, that is).
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Also the fact @acechip that Premier Auto and the parent group is still alive. They own the trademark to this name I think. So eitherways its a very long shot.

But then as per @adisrini1103's suggestion such a car/name must be so well engineered and good that it should create a niche for itself just by the ahead of time looks and features and engineering. It should be marketed with a specific customer base in mind. More like an iconic collectible. Maybe then it has a chance. :confused:

image5.jpg
    Image from Premier Auto website...
    adisrini1103 and prabhjot like this.
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Guys,

This thread has gone so far off the intended topic that one needs a hubble telescope to find home. But to offer some unsolicited opinions, it is evident that we are all finding new ways to somehow keep hope alive for Fiat when they themselves don't seem to have that fire in the belly. The Punto according to me a timeless classic which most people really don't care about. The problem with passionate creations is, only the ones who understand its value are even bothered to try it or own it. The rest just want something to get by. We Indians do NOT have that kind of money to experiment on cars. For example, there are perhaps less than 10 true blue engine mod shops in India. And even fewer who know their engineering so well to make a difference. There are maybe again 10 ECU remapping teams all over the country. ECU remapping is easier as there is no tangible part to be modded. Just the software which is fortunately the same all over the world

The rest of India needs 4 wheels, good AC, a steering and big fat seats to transport the entire "khandaan". So forget it. Great cars are simple not a necessity. A jack of all trade is more required. That's where the big 3 have succeeded.

If you see the i20 (yes, I know. I harp on this model though I really don't like it) review in the UK, it clearly states that it is a boring drive with no feeling. But it is selling very well for its VFM. 6 airbags, touchscreen, the works. So what if it has the handling of an oil tanker. It still offers a lot to the masses. I don't know which car is selling more there, the i20 or the Panda. But the very fact that it is able to get highlighted itself means that people all over the world have a few things in common when it comes to buying cars.
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    adisrini1103, prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan

That would seem to suggest/recommend a move into ckd-assembled/partially-localized higher segments as the only way to go for Fiat here? Since the sub-10 lakh segments are 'like this only'?

btw, their plan says 'New Avventura' for late 2016, which would be great, whatever it is worth is sales terms, if sized and priced like a Duster while this brilliant Avventura is retained.