1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Its not something New @Whencut.. :) I have been laughing and having fun with these TRUE LIES. Good that some people (like the one in this forum) still wont consider these reviews and decide based on their experience with different cars.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Yeah but they have taken to outright falsehoods, lies: WhatCar? i.e., Autocar claims the i20 Active's warranty is as good as the Avventura's. And that its bootspace is bigger, for eg. The Avventura has tremendous turbolag upto 2500 rpm, apparently. And so on for all the other reviewers. Of course their print edition (the proper auto journalism) had very different things to say at launch and later....

The joke is on us for indulging the news media like we do...and this is only a trivial example of the epidemic of PR and political and many other biases and cynicisms in our news media, print as much as of course television.
  3. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Agree with your comment @prabhjot. I m having fun on those review updates which are aimed to project a donkey as horse (and vice -versa), confidently with TRUE LIES!!! (Ex: until 2500 rpm very much turbo lag is there in Avvy, i20 Active's boot is much bigger and it can ride and handle on par with Avvy in city , more fun to drive than Avvy etc..etc) the We all know that the Fiat vehicles have been discouraged by most of the media reviews. Until there are people who blindly follow these reviews and own a car with the priority on status and brand value, definitely there is market for those type of vehicles and not surprisingly they are paying for these reviews!!! Its all about people and their taste/priorities. May be companies like Hyundai have understood the mentality of those people who believe in these reviews and aims to own a car which has market brand value, and hence they are marketing this way.
    On the contrary, In the same market, FIAT has other class of people(less in number though, as compared to MS and Hyundai) who prioritize the cars with different set of parameters.I strongly feel FIAT fans never ever just blindly believe the reviews and Fiat vehicles are choosen by those who actually and luckily have felt the amazing difference w.r.t driving dynamics and safety features as compared to other cars. May be this is the reason FIAT is not bothered to pay and turn the reviews their way.. :)

But.. why should we worry about Fiat Sales numbers..or wrong media publicity by Fiat competitors..!!! I am happy that Fiat competitors have always taken FIAT vehicles on a serious note and they know that they cant match FIAT's abilities and hence only they are struggling their best to safegaurd themselves with these paid - nasty-cheap reviews!!!
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Pr@bhunav

Reviews, like all the news media, are in the business of gathering the most 'eyeballs' in order to sell them on to advertizers and PR agencies. So, EVEN if they were not to be biased and factually selective or to lie, they NEVER go against the prejudiced grain of their intended audience. i.e., in this admittedly trivial domain: a Fiat can never possibly trump chump-cars like the Honda City or Hyundai-s.

For a special laugh: you must not miss the Autocar comparo between the new Linea t-jet and the new Honda City! In the descriptive part of the article, the Linea recieves little else but praise for being better at this, that, and those too....but loses out in the end to the City which 'remains' 'their' choice in the segment.
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    please see below url also the snaps by gaadiwaadi in that. its clear that 1.6 MJD is fully imported and will be available on S-Cross
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ugeots-dv6-1-6-hdi-diesel-18.html#post3695611
    platinumshine and prabhjot like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dadasaheb

Thanks.

Guess that means a localized 1.6 mjd, made-by-FCA-in-Ranjangaon will not be available before next year at the earliest? Perhaps only if and when Fiat+Jeep and Tata (Q501 or some such) launch their respective b/c-suv-s. 2017? Let's see.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot i think it will be soon localized either by MS or by FCA as its demand is going to increase.:happy:
    also if not localized then why not FCA is offering as imported same as MS.
    i think Hyundai 1.6 CRDI is also fully imported, only 1.4 is localized.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dadasaheb

I guess because their market surveys show them that they just cannot command the volumes to justify the huge expense of homologation, and spares inventory, and FASS training, marketing, etc. And frankly, whatever the spike in Linea sales, it is certain to add little to the sales of the Punto Evo and Avventura, which have the very amply adequate 90 hp mjd, at great prices.

I guess they're going to focus on the t-jet as such (sporty fast drive) an instrument, instead, for now, given much lower petrol prices now, and given diesel price de-regulation by the (previous) government. Indian made t-jets are already exported to China for use on the Viaggio, Ottimo etc, with surely even more export demand from there as the new smaller Jeeps start getting 'industrialized' locally there: the Cherokee and the Renegade, followed by the 500X?

The link you posted also suggests that the spied image could be for an export S-Cross (to sizeable right hand drive diesel markets, i.e., only the UK and Ireland). Rather than the Indian A Cross? Let's see.

The 1.6 mjd is.....still 'coming soon'!;)
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Guys the Jimny already has been sold with K9K for years now, what is stopping Maruti from getting the same and plonking it in their cars/SUVs if Fiat by chance does not offer the same to them in time. Any chances of that happening..? :confused:
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson

Keep watching the Fiat-Suzuki-Tata nexus via VW in India! The odds are even higher of major ACTION given the goings-on at VW hq, no? Ferdinand Piech's ouster, he who is reviled by Marchionne and the Agnelli-s, who covets Alfa Romeo and Jeep and Ram, he who has pissed off Osamu Suzuki....;)

Just gossiping, that too second-hand: the net is full of such stuff about VW and FCA, has been for several months, only more so now.:p

PS: Suzuki has only further hitched its diesel and amt bandwagon to Fiat with all these Europe and India-centric new diesel-powered CUV-s coming up.
    asimpleson likes this.