1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    They should just export the Avventura to other third world countries. It is such a well thought out car for India in most respects. And I am seeing some optimism with the dealers here in Hyderabad for Fiat. The Punto and Linea have more bookings obviously but if the graph goes up, its good. Of course, let us not compare the Fiat's linear graph to the i20's logarithmic rise.
    amitshedha, asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  2. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    after Seeing and personally removing the Avvy back wheel cover, I find 2 things.

- The designers didn't put much thought behind it
    - The Top team was in a hurry to get this thing out hence did not give much time to it.

I seriously feel I have a much better solution to the Cover ('not the rear wheel mechanism") just the cover part.

- top cover should have been hinged on the back over. it could've been a simple plastic hinge.
    - there should have been a latch like in suitcase/trunk which could been on the back side. Means it's accessible only from the rear-side one the wheel arm is opened.

This way you're making it much easier to access the rear spare wheel, More novel solution and also ensuring that it is secure enough also.

What say guys?
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Perhaps, perhaps, but all I know is that whatever the slight convolutions of the whole setup (mostly for safety reasons), it's a small matter given just how much harmonised aesthetic distinction/'sportiness' it imbues the car with, while retaining the protective efficacy of the rear bumper (unlike the Ecosport's external spare wheel) and being light to open and shut (again unlike the Ecosport's heavy tailgate-with-tyre-mounted). The latter will likely be much more of a longterm rattle-pain than the Avventura's, too?

I blame the TV automag reviewers for having, as usual, made the audience miss the woods for the trees with this.

Of course, the early, first-batch cars SHOULD not have had the widely reported lock-mechanism-getting jammed issue. Am guessing the later production batches are (going to be) fine. That's what it seems judging by @Vidhyashankar Kannan 's , and others', reports so far.
  4. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Fiat's 1.6 MJD will come in the Maruti Suzuki A Cross :banghead: but not in a Fiat Car in near future. Would have been great on the Avventura. Terrific Crossover. Atleast hope they bring 1.6 MJD to India in the coming years.
    dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Who knows though, yet? I doubt the 1.5/1.6 mjd will be offered on the MS A Cross, at least not at the outset. Maruti will surely be doing the usual 'lighten everything up' shenanigans, as on the Swift and esp the Ciaz. The 90 hp mjd will be plenty for this 'car' then. As it certainly is for the Avventura, in this price-value-hyper-calculative market.

The 1.5/1.6 mjd will come, am sure of it, but only in end 2016/2017 when the Tata Q501 Duster-fighting Suv will launch, alongwith a Fiat/Jeep b-suv (more for exports), alongwith demand from Suzuki both in India and abroad? Still, who knows fully? Perhaps not even FCA/Tata/MS India!

Am beginning to really look forward to FCA's presumably, hopefully BIG showing at the AutoExpo next year, what with all the Jeeps, and hopefully an intended for production and exports concept or two (Jeep C-Suv? Jeep+Fiat b-suv from Brazil?)
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    It's being rumoured a bit on the net that Maruti will have an entire line-up pf 'cross'-aesthetic/cosmetic versions of their hatchbacks, big and small, even the Celerio, would you believe, at some soon point.

It's also being speculated that Honda will launch the Jazz in a 'cross' avatar too, soon. Just as they've done in Brazil, which adores such models (small, 'sporting', beefed up hatches).

This is the novel market-space created though not pioneered by Fiat with the Avventura, given that neither the Etios Cross nor the Cross Polo, which came well before it, had any promotional activity at all, until the Avventura showed up, of course. Fiat got the Avventura talked about, created 'buzz' etc right from the AutoExpo onwards.

It's already obvious that Fiat are and will remain the only ones to've done a substantive, total and thorough job, 'Cross'-ing over IMO even well past the Ecosport, let alone these tarted-up, flimsy, weedy hatches.

Ah, well. Shrug.
  7. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
  9. jet

jet Timido

bangalore
    he should have ended the article like this

"And that’s why Hyundai’s i20 Active noses ahead of the Fiat and wins. and we got paid from Hyundai for the article"

LOL
  10. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Posted this in another thread as well:
    "Totally biased from the word go. She said i20 had more space than Avvy which was a blatant lie. Both have comparable space. i20 active's rear seat space is not like those of Honda's to actually say it has good space. She just mentioned ride and handling Avvy trumps i20A and she says i20A is better for city with light steering and soft suspension. Most pathetic lie was i20 Active beating Avventura in boot space. Both have ~280 litres of boot space. She talks as if Solid build, stability at high speeds, ride, handling, steering feedback and dynamics do not matter in a car. In reality these are the high points of a car and rest all gadgetry and gimmicks don't matter. I have test driven i20 Active. It's good but nowhere in the league of Avvy. Also for boot release, the way she gave a grunt and pushed the spare wheel tailgate to close gave an impression that you need to be some sort of a Hulk to actually close it. In reality, a simple push can close the spare wheel tailgate. Its not a tedious mechanism to close it. Like autocar, every reviewer will be biased in other channels also. Gives Avvy a bad impression. Its upto people who drive one and Fiat enthusiasts to actually point out to other people the positives in Fiat cars."