1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan I am not giving Fiat a chance. I am certain that my next car will be a Fiat. What you mentioned about T-Jet makes sense. Agree that 1.3 MJD is best of both worlds. Punto I have ruled out now since I love the looks of Avventura. Greater ground clearance, better low end driving, rear wheel and its looks. Its a lakh over a 1.3 MJD Punto Emotion. I know its big money. But going to buy a car and have it for 6-7 years and long term I feel its ok to spend a lakh more. Besides with roof rails I can attach cross bars and add more luggage if required on those long tours. Will still test the Linea T-Jet and post my opinion.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Whencut86 : You have mirrored my thoughts. Good to know that Fiat is still your priority on the shortlist. The GC, less lag and alloy spare are really not worth the 1.3 lakh more IMHO but its still better than the top end i20 Active. And the roof rails are actually functional. Not cosmetic. The side cladding on the Avventura has helped prevent a few scratches till now.

Check out this link. http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-ad...ss-vs-fiat-avventura-comparison-review/21727/

As usual, the Avventura gets the 3rd spot with the i20 Active being number 1 (as expected) and the Etios Cross being number 2!!

When you read between the lines however, you will see that the Avventura tops by quite a margin when it comes to braking, steering, driveability and handling. And yet 3rd spot. Duuuuuuuhhh!

We have to be the only weirdo country where a car's main characteristics are the last priority. Good luck and welcome to the driving enthusiasts corner.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 20, 2015 ---
    @bibin : Atleast the post is honest in saying that the Avventura is loads of fun to drive. The i20's big butted back seat space is what earns it the top spot. Ah, I can just see the driver chauffering the rich ladies with oodles of cash to the nearest mall in the i20 Active in what can only be termed as an oxymoron when we say "Posh SUV"
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Whencut86, I would say both the dealers are good in their own way. I deal with RDC as they are closer to my place of work. After all dealers are only people who channel Fiats product even though they have a very crucial role to connect the mfr and the customer without complaints. If you are ok with Ramkay, please go ahead. Let both the dealers have equal sales. If not, one will survive and the other will perish, which is not good. We can differentiate them on service and make them work to retain you.

Abdul
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @bibin @Vidhyashankar Kannan

That review is not by Financial Express themselves but by WhatCar? i.e., Autocar, and we know which way their toast has been buttered when it comes to the Avventura.

Zigwheels, i.e., the TOI group is unadulterated corruption. At launch they reviewed the petrol Avventura and ignored the diesel entirely!

Almost all the major automag/websites are in bed with particular firms, and practice what is fair to say is an 'extortion racket' since most struggle to 'make money'. Even if they weren't they, like the rest of the media, try hard to re-confirm/pander to the prejudices, priorities, phobias and stereotypes of their 'target audience'. This last is almost entirely made up of the usual distracted, under-knowing, under-critical sort and so....even a supposedly serious journalistic brand like Autocar ends up promoting herd-think.

J D Power finds that the vast majority (more than 7 out of 10) of Indian buyers refuse to consider a single other model to the car they buy, and rely heavily NOT on research, reflection, analysis, testdrives or even whimsy/fancy but on the response and recomendation from friends, family and...automag reviews.

Which makes us an extreme global case, if you consider J D Power's reports on other major automotive market-cultures, including China, Brazil, Maxico etc.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Back to square one then. So just imagine how good the handling of Fiats are if every prejudiced magazine is still forced to accept it? ;)

May Fiat continue in India alteast for us few enthusiasts.
    Dr Nitin Dutta, Sujit508 and prabhjot like this.
  7. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Doesn't make sense at all. Have driven the i20 Active. Interiors felt good. Ground Clearance is good. Start/Stop engine system, rear leg space is comparable to Avventura and not something to boast of, soft suspension, ultra light steering, good interiors are all there in i20 Active. But these are not what should matter in a car. Solid build, ride, handling, safety and driving dynamics are what make a car. If a car can't get this right then what is the point in having great interiors and start/stop engine switch?
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Not to worry: Fiat/FCA is here for very good, and is getting its act together, slowly of course, but by 2017, and starting at the AutoExpo 2016...;)

Actually no that is not true: there was a significant auto website that claimed the Honda City handled better than the Linea, to much derision of course thankfully. There's another that claimed the Avventura has huge body-roll compared to the i20 Active!

Now therefore either one takes a very large, varied and knowledgeable sample of opinion about cars or anything else...or one thinks and tries-out totally for oneself with-a-little-help-from-friends.

It would appear the latter practice, even in this trivial but engaging domain let alone other much more important-yet-dull-and-difficult ones, is....in absentia, or perhaps just absconding.:p

The corrupt media system (print and tv, not as much the net) means even the former leads one, as they say, 'far from (the) TRUE': not blatantly false, just remotely distantly vaguely selectively true. This is even so with 'serious' public-affairs news, let alone a consumerist domain like car ownership. :dead::p
    amitshedha likes this.
  9. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @avithe1

I look forward to the Autocar rally-champ LADY's gushing review of this Skoda's Yeti spare-wheel mechanism!:D

But seriously, methinks FCA just does not begin to fathom the bottomless automotive idiocy-disguised-as-hyper-pragmatism prevalent in India. Not that the record of say Nissan or chevy or even Skoda and VW is much better. Else, they'd never have tried the product-speccing and -planning they did for the Avventura. "Damned if you do or even if you don't", "na ghar ka na ghat ka" etc is the current fate of the Avventura and of Fiat in India. :(

Until end-2016/17: the earliest we can hope for both the market and for Fiat to resonate together, at least a bit.:watching:
    Dr Nitin Dutta and amitshedha like this.